The Batman (2022) Starring Robert Patterson (Spoilers Discussion Thread)

theteacher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The Joker was boring. That shit was nothing more than a CAC incel fantasy film and slight remake of The King of Comedy.

The new Batman film looks like retread of shit we've seen before.

I'd rather watch Batfleck than Twilight Batman.

You trippin!
Joker is a dope ass flick. It's a FILM.
We never see the villain's story and how they become evil.
Not even Heath Ledger's Joker gave us that insight.

And that's what people were saying about Heath Ledger.
The fact that he played a gay character,
how good would he be as "the Joker."

EPDC

El Pirate Del Caribe
BGOL Investor

You trippin!
Joker is a dope ass flick. It's a FILM.
We never see the villain's story and how they become evil.
Not even Heath Ledger's Joker gave us that insight.

And that's what people were saying about Heath Ledger.
The fact that he played a gay character,
how good would he be as "the Joker."
And this here is why I didn't like Joker.

I don't care about why he was evil.

I viewed Joker in the same way I watched Rob Zombie's shitty Halloween film.. we really didn't need to know why Michael Myers became a killer.

The original Carpenter explanation of him being "evil personified" was enough.

We didn't need a Joker origin movie.

Ledger's was perfect because you really didn't know how he got those scars....and because he always changed the story, it added to the mystique.

The Phoenix film was nothing more than an incel CAC fantasy film starring a few DC characters....

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Hollywood studios are pulling movie releases from Russia

Disney, Warner Bros., and Sony have paused the release of their films in Russia, including Turning Red, The Batman, and Morbius.

By Nick RomanoMarch 01, 2022 at 09:46 AM EST

Multiple Hollywood studios have taken a stance against Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
Sony Pictures has joined Walt Disney Co. and Warner Bros. in stopping the releases of their upcoming films in the territory. Each one had tentpole debuts on the docket.
Disney was the first to make moves on Monday as Pixar's Turning Red, which is going straight to Disney+ in the U.S., was once scheduled for distribution in Russia on March 10.
"Given the unprovoked invasion of Ukraine and the tragic humanitarian crisis, we are pausing the release of theatrical films in Russia, including the upcoming Turning Red from Pixar," a Disney spokesperson said in a statement to EW. "We will make future business decisions based on the evolving situation. In the meantime, given the scale of the emerging refugee crisis, we are working with our NGO partners to provide urgent aid and other humanitarian assistance to refugees."

'Morbius,' 'The Batman,' and 'Turning Red' are some of the movies no longer premiering in Russia in light of the Ukraine invasion.

| CREDIT: SONY PICTURES; JONATHAN OLLEY/WARNER BROS.; DISNEY/PIXAR
Warner Bros. followed suit shortly after Disney. Days before the release of Robert Pattinson-led The Batman, which was scheduled to open in Russian theaters this Friday, the premiere plan has been paused.
"In light of the humanitarian crisis in Ukraine, WarnerMedia is pausing the release of its feature film The Batman in Russia," a Warner Bros. spokesperson told the Associated Press. "We will continue to monitor the situation as it evolves. We hope for a swift and peaceful resolution to this tragedy."
Sony, which was planning to release Jared Leto-led Spider-Man spin-off Morbius in Russia this April, was the third major studio to join the movement.

"Given the ongoing military action in Ukraine and the resulting uncertainty and humanitarian crisis unfolding in that region, we will be pausing our planned theatrical releases in Russia, including the upcoming release of Morbius," a Sony representative told EW. "Our thoughts and prayers are with all those who have been impacted and hope this crisis will be resolved quickly."
Russia isn't a major market when it comes to international box office revenue, though the territory commonly ranks among the top 12.
Since Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered his forces to invade the sovereign nation of Ukraine, other global organizations have spoken out against Putin's actions.
The European Broadcasting Union banned Russia from competing in this year's Eurovision Song Contest, while the International Olympics committee's executive board urged all International Sports Federations to cancel any events planned in Russia and Belarus.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
It was cool. Don't wait around for the end credits. I should have listened.

Right.

@fonzerrillii think we can turn this into the spoiler discussion thread by Friday or Saturday?

:please:

Fam. This shit was SO fucking good. I’m still trying to process what I saw. And I say this because the film quite easily references THREE of my top ten favorite films of all time

1. SE7EN

Aliens

Empire Strikes Back

4. LA CONFIDENTIAL

5. CHINATOWN

Do the Right Thing

Tombstone

The Prestige

Bourne Supremacy

Goodfellas

oNE

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Right.

Fam. This shit was SO fucking good. I’m still trying to process what I saw. And I say this because the film quite easily references two of my top ten favorite films of all time

1. SE7EN

Aliens

Empire Strikes Back

LA Confidential

5. CHINATOWN

Do the Right Thing

Tombstone

The Prestige

Bourne Supremacy

Goodfellas

oNE
Leaving work early tomorrow to catch it can't wait

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
so the next one will have penguin, riddler and joker. He's gonna need a Robin

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I hear you but I feel like it's dilberate.

It looks like it's trying to somehow take from every version we have seen and give us a young batman story influenced by that.

It has a strong graphic novel vibe

It's got Nolan, Timm, Burton, '66, Tim sale, etc influences

Again I am being very very positive

Plus the audience seems so enthusiastic for this one and I was not expecting that.

Honestly yall are the most skeptical I have heard.

Fingers crossed I actually WANT to see a good batman movie.

*ahem*

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This is gonna win awards for costumes set design editing make up score and cinematography

Cause it LOOKS incredible

Just wow the director and writer had a very distinct vision

And on screen so far?

It looks epic

But that don't make a good movie.

Fingers crossed we will soon see

*AHEM* *COUGH* *AHEM*

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I awhile back

remember I had a thread where I said the next batman film should have more bruce Wayne journey and him as a detective

And got killed.

Funny how that works.
I KNEW you were going to say that... :lol:

honestly fam..

this is a VERY difficult endeavor..

the general audience doesn't KNOW that version of Batman...

are they going to watch 2 hour two fisted detective film noir Law and Order procedural?

basically

Gotham Confidential?

with NO ORIGIN story?

you talking R rated?

you talking murders...with BLOOD.

REAL VIOLENCE

gravity? real world rules?

hand to hand, knives guns broken bones

No bulky armor and magic cape?

no funky colors crazy schemes and traps weird camera angles?

villains who SHOOT first?

actual dialogue?

and Bruce being PLAYBOY Bruce Wayne?

seeing Bruce being BATMAN without his costume on?

and you think AFFLECK can pull that off too?

DC WB execs?

I KNOW yo lurking

just give @largebillsonlyplease the keys already

DAMN

theteacher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Right.

Fam. This shit was SO fucking good. I’m still trying to process what I saw. And I say this because the film quite easily references THREE of my top ten favorite films of all time

1. SE7EN

Aliens

Empire Strikes Back

4. LA CONFIDENTIAL

5. CHINATOWN

Do the Right Thing

Tombstone

The Prestige

Bourne Supremacy

Goodfellas

oNE
I'm ready!!