Surprise: PlayStation 2 drops to $99.99

beof

Rising Star
Registered
the ps2 continues to outsell the ps3, and this just brings the ps3 even closer to its death as its continues to be the #4 console behind Nintendo Wii, Xbox360, and the PS2....PITIFULL.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
the ps2 continues to outsell the ps3, and this just brings the ps3 even closer to its death as its continues to be the #4 console behind Nintendo Wii, Xbox360, and the PS2....PITIFULL.
Another good point. The idiots at Sony are either too stupid to see or too arrogant to accept the fact that they are cannibalizing their own potential sales. Their attempt at gaming class warfare has failed miserably.

beof

Rising Star
Registered
Another good point. The idiots at Sony are either too stupid to see or too arrogant to accept the fact that they are cannibalizing their own potential sales. Their attempt at gaming class warfare has failed miserably.

:yes:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
outsell ps3 and xbox in third world countries

Rocky Miavia

LORD OF THE BOARD
BGOL Investor
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: This is on PS2? I used to mod my Sega Saturn just to play the original. I had a Saturn for that reason alone. Fire Pro Wrestling is like crack, CRITICAL!
$14.99 brand new!
51vv4zVK%2B9L._SS400_.jpg

And if you ain't got a PS2 then use the PS2 emulator at http://www.pcsx2.net to run the game on PC.

Manny Styles

Hi-Teknological
BGOL Investor
I got one, if you read my post.

I did not get them one ... girls, who aren't really gamers.

There's cheap and there's common sense.

:rolleyes:

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
While this might not be the PlayStation 3 price cut many had expected (or even wanted), EEDAR also notes that a price cut for Sony's current gen console is still expected in 2009.

E3 coming up,i bet Sony waiting till then..

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

gam_microsoftps2_580.jpg

If you were holding your breath for Microsoft's response to the PlayStation 2's recently announced $99 price point, it's now safe to exhale -- Microsoft vice-president of interactive entertainment business Chris Lewis recently issued a calm, cool and collected statement regarding the discount, stating, "The future lies in the growth of current generation consoles," a future in which he's confident the Xbox 360 will continue to trump the PS3.

Considering the original Xbox has been discontinued for nearly three years, Microsoft hasn't had a horse in the sixth-generation race for quite some time now. Still, it'll be interesting to see if the bargain-priced PS2 can take a bigger chunk out of current-gen console sales in light of the not-so-awesome state of the economy.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

A $99 PS2 may not sound groundbreaking to the hardcore gamer, but it certainly opens a lot of doors to the casual gaming market. Sony's last-gen console keeps on chugging, and it looks as though Sony is positioning the PS2 as its main competitor against Nintendo's almighty Wii. SCEA's John Koller spoke to GameDaily Biz about the new price, admitting that the Wii and PS2 will have "similar customers."

"Yes, we do think the $99 price point could steal some share [from Wii]," Koller said. "From a technological standpoint, the Wii is much closer to the PS2 than it is to the next-gen consoles. It's obviously not an HD box and the software development is on a par with where PS2 development is, so that's a much more realistic and similar demographic."

Although the Wii and PS2 are similar technologically, Nintendo has delivered a system that really caters to the mainstream casual masses. Without motion control and appropriate software support, a lower price point may not be able to steer people away from Nintendo's system. "Nintendo has done a fantastic job of capturing young and female [demographics]," Koller admits, and that's something Sony will have to work on if they'll want to keep the PS2 relevant in a Wii world.

Yogi Bear

Star
OG Investor
Not jumping on your back. Im sorry your to cheap to get your kids a PS3 that had BC. Screw that. I got one with it.

Not everyone feels this way and it has nothing to do with money and more to do with the fact that kids break shit. My sister got her 7 year old a 360 for Christmas and it was done in Feburary. Fuck that.

A ps2 should be $60-70.00 at this point.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not everyone feels this way and it has nothing to do with money and more to do with the fact that kids break shit. My sister got her 7 year old a 360 for Christmas and it was done in Feburary. Fuck that.

A ps2 should be $60-70.00 at this point.

cosign