Stuffed Pork Chops

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Stuffed Pork Chops
BY: JULIE CLARK PUBLISHED: NOVEMBER 16, 2018

Pin
Tweet
This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
JUMP TO RECIPE PRINT RECIPE
Learn how to make traditional savory stuffed pork chops. This easy dinner makes a beautiful presentation for an alternative holiday dinner. Love pork chops? Try our best pork chop recipes!
Have you tried my grandma’s slow cooker pork chops yet? They are one of the best! These pork chops also use one of my grandma’s best recipes….her stuffing!
pork chops with bread stuffing

My Latest Videos
Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese Casserole

Volume 0%

Baked Stuffed Pork Chops Recipe
Thanks to the Ohio Pork Council for sponsoring this post and allowing us to share this Honey Oregano Pork Chops Recipe.
I don’t know why it took me so long to make stuffed pork chops, but I’m so glad I did. They were worth the wait. One of our most popular recipes is my grandma’s Thanksgiving stuffing. I took her savory bread stuffing and packed it inside two thick-cut pork chops. Oh my goodness…it is like Thanksgiving dinner without all the work! Let’s break this down and see how easy it is to make stuffed pork chops.
Bone In vs Boneless Pork Chops
When I was first testing this recipe, I went to our local butcher to purchase thick cut pork chops. I had in my mind boneless pork chops because that is normally what I buy. She started pulling out the bone-in chops when I told her I was making stuffed chops. She said you could use either, so I decided to purchase both bone-in and boneless thick cut chops. And guess what? I preferred the bone in chops better. They seemed to be juicier and have more flavor.
I recommend bone-in pork chops that are about 1 1/2″ thick. The butcher can cut a pocket in them for you so that is one less step you have to do at home. Your local butcher will love serving you. Don’t be afraid of that meat counter!

How do you cook stuffed pork chops?
There are 4 basic steps to preparing the pork chops.
  • Salt and pepper the chops, then brown them lightly in oil in a skillet. This enhances the flavor and gives them a pretty golden brown look.
  • Make the stuffing. Our stuffing is really easy to make and smells AMAZING while the butter, onion and celery are simmering on the stove.
  • Stuff the chops (this is the easiest part!).
  • Bake the chops.
Some tips to remember:
  • Cut up the bread cubes a day or two in advance so they can dry out. This will help the stuffing not be too moist.
  • Simmer the butter, onion and celery together until the vegetables are as tender as you’d like. They will not cook much more once in the oven, so make sure they aren’t crunchy if you don’t want crunchy veggies. We saute our celery and onions in the butter for about 10 minutes.
  • Don’t cook the pork chops too long in the skillet when you are browning them. Just sear them quickly. This will allow the chops to heat through in the oven without them becoming overly dry.
  • This recipe makes enough stuffing to stuff about 4 large chops. We normally make 2 stuffed chops and then arrange the remaining stuffing around the chops in the baking dish.

hwo to make stuffed pork chops

Do you cover stuffed pork chops when baking?

We do not cover the pork chops when they are in the oven. I like the stuffing to get a little crispy and browned. This won’t happen if you cover the pork chops.
How long should stuffed pork chops bake?
The exact timing will depend on how thick the pork chops are and how much you browned them in the skillet beforehand. We’ve found that between 20-25 minutes in a 350 degree oven is sufficient.
perfectly cooked stuffed pork chops

What temperature should pork be baked to?
The key thing to remember when cooking pork chops is to not overbake them. Pork is safe to eat when the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a meat thermometer in the pork (not the stuffing) and cook until the temperature reads done.
A close up of stuffed pork chop on a plate
What are good side dishes for pork chops?
This recipe has both a meat and a side dish built into each other, so a simple side salad or veggie is all we add. This would be excellent with our Christmas green beans, slow cooker cream corn, or sweet potato casserole.
Other Pork Chop Recipes
the best stuffed pork chops

Print Pin
4.67 from 9 votes
Stuffed Pork Chops

Learn how to make traditional savory stuffed pork chops. This easy dinner makes a beautiful presentation for an alternative holiday dinner.

CourseMain Dish
CuisineAmerican
Keywordbone in pork chops, easy stuffed pork chops, how to stuff pork chops, pork chop recipes

Prep Time20 minutes
Cook Time35 minutes
Total Time55 minutes

Servings4
AuthorJulie Clark
Ingredients
For the pork chops:

• 2 bone-in thick cut pork chops (about 1 1/2" thick)
  • salt and pepper (to taste)
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil (for browning the chops)
For the stuffing:
  • 3/4 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 1/2 cup diced onion
  • 7 cups dry bread cubes*
  • 1 teaspoon teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 3/4 tablespoon poultry seasoning
  • 3/4 cup chicken stock
US Customary - Metric
Instructions
Prepare the pork chops:
  • If the pork chops do not already have a pocket cut in them, slice the meaty side of the pork chop in half almost to the bone so that it creates a pocket.
  • On both sides, sprinkle the pork chops with salt and pepper.
  • Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, sear the pork chop on both sides just until golden brown.

• Remove the pork chops to a plate.
Prepare the stuffing:
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
  • In a skillet, melt the butter. Add the celery and onion. Saute the celery and onion until tender, about 10 minutes.
  • In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, butter mixture and the remaining stuffing ingredients. Mix well.
  • Stuff about 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup stuffing in each pork chop so that it fills the pork chops and also sticks out a little bit. This will give the pork chop a pretty look!
  • Place the pork chops in a baking dish, either 9x13" or a bit smaller.
  • Arrange the remaining stuffing around the pork chops.
  • Bake the pork chops for about 20-25 minutes or until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit. At this temperature there will be a blush of pink in the pork which means they will be nice and juicy!
  • Allow the chops to rest for 3-4 minutes, then serve.