Stop What You Are Doing & Watch Netflix Original Birdbox ASAP

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
I liked it throughout the flick. Some parts not believable like finding your way to a boat, turning it over, putting in the water with two kids and navigating down a stream. Umm ok, sure you did, blindfolded.

But the only gripe I had was the ending was borderline Forrest Whitaker-ish

Netflix can make a great movie or TV show. Their writers who did this and Forrest Whitaker flick, needed some help on ending a film.

If they wanted to give us the impression that there's a second part coming, then they did a poor job.

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was going to watch "BIRDBOX" early this morning.
But I chose to watch THIS instead.

v1.bTsxMjkwNzQ2ODtqOzE3OTI0OzEyMDA7MTUwMDsyMjUw

One of the BEST Films I've seen this year.

well, i'll put it on my list. I liked Gravity and Children of Men from that Director.

However, a movie based on a director's childhood. Set in 1970, in Mexico, around the life of a maid and in Black and White.

I did like the movie Avalon, also based on a director's childhood. "You cut the Turkey without me". So, i'll give it a peep. thx for the tip.

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh shit:roflmao2::roflmao3::roflmao: I keep hearing it's good.
So "A Quiet Place" only you cant see instead of talk :lol:

Exactly, but I thought it was better than 'A Quiet Place'. Thanks to the OP, somethin to watch before the Bears Game. Wasn't bad.

My only issue is the flashbacks and how it starts off. I mean, you know from the people in the boat, who will or wont be around 'til the end. Takes away a lot of the suspense. Now its the journey to get to the point you came in the movie. Where you KNOW certain people wont make it.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
I liked it throughout the flick. Some parts not believable like finding your way to a boat, turning it over, putting in the water with two kids and navigating down a stream. Umm ok, sure you did, blindfolded.

Netflix can make a great movie or TV show. Their writers who did this and Forrest Whitaker flick, needed some help on ending a film.

If they wanted to give us the impression that there's a second part coming, then they did a poor job.
Nigga you can’t fight off demons,

Not even kids were safe and they’re “innocent” according to Christian theory.

I have a fear of losin sight and sound

Put daredevil in this bitch and teach all them blind people how to fight and now we got a movie lol

Black A. Camus

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It was just o.k. Sandra Bullock is a great actor and it was good to see her have an interracial love interest. But I think the writers were lazy by leaving out so many details about whatever it was that made people commit suicide.

Reactions: PJN

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
It was just o.k. Sandra Bullock is a great actor and it was good to see her have an interracial love interest. But I think the writers were lazy by leaving out so many details about whatever it was that made people commit suicide.

You don't need the answer for everything. This is what you're used to in movies an "explanation"...

Not knowing didn't break this film

ORIGINAL NATION

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just could not get into it. I watched some of it and skipped to the ending. Not really my type of movie. But looking at the movie it did remind me of some of the stuff the government has such as the gay bomb. The radio plays an important part in brainwashing if people were programmed to kill each other. They used radio in Jonestown as part of the brainwashing and in Rwanda.

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
To me, the most suspenseful part of the movie is when they went to the supermarket. Driving blind and shit. Thank goodness for technology. MGK and his girl were fucked up for stealing the ride.

Finally put Original Nation on igg. And if I click that damn Kofi banner one more damn time...

Soul On Ice

Democrat 1st!
Certified Pussy Poster
I loved it!
To me this was the first Netflix anything that actually lived up to the hype.

I was on edge for the whole movie.

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I hope there isnt a sequel to this(bird box). But I can see them making one. That Forest whitaker movie, shit was good. But it was like they wanted to be different. Just imagine them going " Lets make a movie. Where the story is good. But heres the catch. We leave the ending ambiguous."