Steve Harvey says you’re poor because of sleep: ‘Steve Harvey is stupid’

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Sometimes it's necessary and even beneficial to sleep less.

If I'm playing a gig until 2 in the morning then get offered $700 to play the starting line of a marathon 5 hours later then sleep can wait. If I need to work a straight 23 hours to earn $1,500 at a wedding sleep can wait.

With that said though, the real grind is maintaining the simple day-to-day activities that make those hours and paydays possible in the first place. Staying motivated and attentive to these tasks requires adequate sleep, food leisure, meditation, and exercise. I never pull an all-nighter without knowing what the goal and the endgame is.

BitchI'llKillYa

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ironic coming from you

Do you realize how hard people make minimum wage work?

Who do you think works harder in life, Steve Harvey or the people who clean his house and do his hard?

People often work multiple jobs just to provide for themselves and their family.

The only thing clear that his statement was dumb as hell, and if his buddy Trump said it, you'd probably feel a different way. This is some I'm rich because I earned and worked hard for it, and you're lazy, so that's why you're poor.

Of course this is the same clown that sent out a memo to the people who work on his show to not talk to him....but now he wants to give some life advice.
Steve probably works harder and has more jobs tha The folks cleaning his house.

Don't he have 4 jobs on 2 different coasts?

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

If I'm playing a gig until 2 in the morning then get offered $700 to play the starting line of a marathon 5 hours later then sleep can wait. If I need to work a straight 23 hours to earn $1,500 at a wedding sleep can wait.

With that said though, the real grind is maintaining the simple day-to-day activities that make those hours and paydays possible in the first place. Staying motivated and attentive to these tasks requires adequate sleep, food leisure, meditation, and exercise. I never pull an all-nighter without knowing what the goal and the endgame is.

Bruh, the way I see it.. I get 4 to 5hrs of sleep a night!! When were in that pine box, we will get all the sleep we need!!

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
when people bring up people are poor because

blah blah blah.. if you want to shut em down...

just say people are poor because in a capitalist society

you need disenfranchised people to capitalize off of, or capitalism simply cannot exist..

therefore its very existence is rooted in the manufacturing of a majority disenfranchised class.. and a struggling middle class...

then the next chess move is to have them constantly at war with each other...

this way everyone stay in place and all the capitalist keep on capitalizing..

by maintaing a divide and conquer society.... blue and red, bloods and crips,

democrats and republicans...

strictly facts.... then tell em

fallback

Raymond

Rising Star
Registered
Hard work doesn't make you rich. Having the right connections (and sometimes luck) + personality makes you rich.

Also, I know a rich guy who prioritizes getting at least 8 hours a day. He didn't have connections but he got into the right field for his demographic.

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Bruh, the way I see it.. I get 4 to 5hrs of sleep a night!! When were in that pine box, we will get all the sleep we need!!

I tried that for a while and found that I spent most of my walking hours staring into space or wasting time. Pulling all nighters on mixtapes led to careless errors that became obvious when I listen to them well rested. The tasks I did get done took a lot longer than they would have if I'd been well rested.

It's a little different if I'm giving up sleep for a gig because then the adrenaline carries me through. when it comes to the mundane tasks of making that gig happen though sleep is very necessary.

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I tried that for a while and found that I spent most of my walking hours staring into space or wasting time. Pulling all nighters on mixtapes led to careless errors that became obvious when I listen to them well rested. The tasks I did get done took a lot longer than they would have if I'd been well rested.

It's a little different if I'm giving up sleep for a gig because then the adrenaline carries me through. when it comes to the mundane tasks of making that gig happen though sleep is very necessary.

I understand what your saying.. My sleep has been messed up since my military days! It didnt help while working for a utility company, I would work 24-36hrs straight and those would happen weekly during the spring, summer and fall. And that went on for 27yrs. Ive tried every sleeping pill known to man and they dont work.. CBD"S and cannabis help me big time, probably the best thing ive tried.. Ive even tried drinking a few glasses of wine, but since im on bloodthinners thats not a good thing.. So 4-5hrs is my max as far as sleep goes..

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
I understand what your saying.. My sleep has been messed up since my military days! It didnt help while working for a utility company, I would work 24-36hrs straight and those would happen weekly during the spring, summer and fall. And that went on for 27yrs. Ive tried every sleeping pill known to man and they dont work.. CBD"S and cannabis help me big time, probably the best thing ive tried.. Ive even tried drinking a few glasses of wine, but since im on bloodthinners thats not a good thing.. So 4-5hrs is my max as far as sleep goes..

My biggest problem is that I always wake up between 6:30 and 8 a.m. no matter what. Even if I've been up till 4 or 5 the night before. That's why I've been working to try to give up TV, video games and caffeine. if I can't increase the hours of my sleep the best I could do is try to increase the quality. However, those addictions are very hard to give up. I've been fighting a losing battle.

God's Gift

The best of the majority of you niggas.
BGOL Investor
My biggest problem is that I always wake up between 6:30 and 8 a.m. no matter what. Even if I've been up till 4 or 5 the night before. That's why I've been working to try to give up TV, video games and caffeine. if I can't increase the hours of my sleep the best I could do is try to increase the quality. However, those addictions are very hard to give up. I've been fighting a losing battle.

5 to 10 MG of Melatonin.

jagu

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Precis
Hard work doesn't make you rich. Having the right connections (and sometimes luck) + personality makes you rich.

Also, I know a rich guy who prioritizes getting at least 8 hours a day. He didn't have connections but he got into the right field for his demographic.
Precisely. A lot of people are not rich or progressive because of bad attitude in life and lack of discipline.

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Real talk...you have to be intentional with your time.
i cant remember the last time i got 8 hours of sleep. I habitually wake up 4:30 every day without an alarm clock, even on vacations and shit it takes a couple of days before my system can relax and take some extra rest.

Fucked up thing is i usually get to bed late so im only getting like 4-6 hours most nights...i know shit aint healthy and i'm trying to correct it...wife and i been trying to go to bed earlier and been taking magnesium, zma and CBD oil before bed to aid in sleep and recovery from workouts.
I think it comes with the territory if you own your own business or work for yourself....whats the saying? "gotta work 24 hours for yourself if you dont want to work 8 hours for somebody else"

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Real talk...you have to be intentional with your time.
i cant remember the last time i got 8 hours of sleep. I habitually wake up 4:30 every day without an alarm clock, even on vacations and shit it takes a couple of days before my system can relax and take some extra rest.

Fucked up thing is i usually get to bed late so im only getting like 4-6 hours most nights...i know shit aint healthy and i'm trying to correct it...wife and i been trying to go to bed earlier and been taking magnesium, zma and CBD oil before bed to aid in sleep and recovery from workouts.
I think it comes with the territory if you own your own business or work for yourself....whats the saying? "gotta work 24 hours for yourself if you dont want to work 8 hours for somebody else"

Working for myself allowed me to work less. There's no longer an incentive to 'look busy' or run out the clock. no more doing meaningless tasks so that a boss will think you're being productive. If I can get through an entire day in 4 hours then that's all I put in.

The 24-30 hour work days are the exception. They allow me to make enough money to rest up and take the next few days off. At most I might spend that time brainstorming a new schedule that makes all those extra hours less necessary in the future.

The only downside is that it never feels that way. There's always that lingering doubt that tells you to do more even when there's no point or it becomes counterproductive. Whenever business is slow it always seems like it's happening because I didn't work hard enough or want it bad enough. In reality, it usually happens because all my clients are either broke as fuck or there's no occasions worth throwing a party for.

We're all raised under that old Puritan myth that hard work and self sacrifice are the only keys to salvation. Truth is that while you have to be willing to work when necessary it's just as important to stop when it isn't.

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Keep that up and you will be in a pine box sooner than necessary...some people are can get 4-5 hours of asleep, but MOST people need at least 7

Bruh, Im one of those 4-5hrs of sleep person.. Man, my sleep pattern got messed up while in the military. After the military I hire onto a electric utility company and their motto was(still is today), When your out were out!! Working 35-40hrs straight was a weekly event. We had to work 80% of all callouts and overtime.. If a storm rolled thru, we would be on the clock 24hrs a day and until the storm was wrapped up. During a storm, your 7hrs break would be at different times every day. Most storms lasted about 10- 14 days.. Try doing that for 30- 35yrs and see how you view sleep after that.. Anyway, sorry about the rant.. But your right about 7hrs of sleep is the norm..

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It’s not about sleeping less...

It’s about maximizing the time that you have when you’re awake

But it’s silly to act like the body does not need rest to recharge and refuel itself some of the greatest ideas come from deep thought and meditation so again this nigga is playing up to his audience

Perfect response!!!

Diet, Sleep, and Exercise are main factors too. These 3 stimulate the mind to function in an optimal way.

I would say knowing when to sacrifice sleep is key too. When a person has a desire to execute objectives they will push past the bodies’ natural clock.