Step dad for 17yrs

zLniFpG_xl.png
Regardless of what that man has done for his stepdaughter. It's still her choice and decision about her biological father being at her graduation. Makes me wonder if dude has a father he could have called for advice on the matter. I can't see a man of sound mind not telling him to get up out of his feelings and let her have a relationship with her father and step aside. I hope it's all skits.
 
zLniFpG_xl.png
Regardless of what that man has done for his stepdaughter. It's still her choice and decision about her biological father being at her graduation. Makes me wonder if dude has a father he could have called for advice on the matter. I can't see a man of sound mind not telling him to get up out of his feelings and let her have a relationship with her father and step aside. I hope it's all skits.

I get his disappointment, but he sounds like a woman. He is more focused on what he feels he is owed than his stepdaughter building a relationship with her Father. The Mother is trifling too for not encouraging and guiding the girl to be more appreciative and upfront with the stepfather.
 
zLniFpG_xl.png
Regardless of what that man has done for his stepdaughter. It's still her choice and decision about her biological father being at her graduation. Makes me wonder if dude has a father he could have called for advice on the matter. I can't see a man of sound mind not telling him to get up out of his feelings and let her have a relationship with her father and step aside. I hope it's all skits.
Your right, if the daughter wants to have a relationship with her biological he shouldn't be stepping in to stop, however he's spot on about his wife and I'd be out after some shit like that too. She basically went to her daughter and planted the idea of her now husband giving up his ticket for man that her daughter hasn't seen her whole life, basically? Bitch read the room! Sure he can show up to the graduation, but that's on him to figure that out. I doubt a man that's been absent in a child's life for 18 years is probably going to magically change is stripes and it don't like a mad baby mama situation cause clearly she didn't have problem with.

. I kind of had similar situation with my ex-wife. My step daughter who I basically raised like my biological for 10 years graduated a couple years ago. Her biological basically became nonexistent after about age 9. Stop paying voluntary child support, and moved away. I always told my ex even if he didn't pay child support if wants to spend the time with her just let him. I don't know what its like to not have my biological father in my life and didn't want to do that to another Black man or take that option away from my step-daughter. Anyway, her dad who she hadn't seen in 7+ years at that point decides he wants to show up for the graduation. He had my step daughter's cell phone number the whole time so he could've communicated if he wanted with her(never really did). He texts her a couple days before her graduation and says he wants to come to the graduation. She talked to me first and I told her it was fine, it's her call. She ain't seen him since the graduation and it's going on two years now. Deadbeat will be deadbeats.
 
zLniFpG_xl.png
Regardless of what that man has done for his stepdaughter. It's still her choice and decision about her biological father being at her graduation. Makes me wonder if dude has a father he could have called for advice on the matter. I can't see a man of sound mind not telling him to get up out of his feelings and let her have a relationship with her father and step aside. I hope it's all skits.
It's a skit, but things like that happen in real life.

I'll only speak on the graduation.

If the man stepped in and was her Dad since she was less than a year old, and the biological was absent until the graduation.

There's no way in hell the daughter or the Mom should attempt or even be ok with giving the biological the ticket instead of the StepDad.

And the same applies when the daughter gets married.
 
zLniFpG_xl.png
Regardless of what that man has done for his stepdaughter. It's still her choice and decision about her biological father being at her graduation. Makes me wonder if dude has a father he could have called for advice on the matter. I can't see a man of sound mind not telling him to get up out of his feelings and let her have a relationship with her father and step aside. I hope it's all skits.
Family, the issue isn’t her wanting a relationship with her father. I doubt anyone would front on their kid wanting to foster a relationship with their family. The problem is the conspiring behind the man who has been steady, present, and consistent most of her life against some absentee bum-ass ninja. Snaking “dad” to invite the father is extremely disrespectful.
I’ll abstain from commenting on all the other things he did afterwards, but I completely understand his offense.
 
Back
Top