Star Wars Episode VII & Beyond On-going Discussion (Disney+ adding 10 NEW STAR WARS SERIES)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Why Obi-Wan Kenobi Had TWO Lightsabers Buried
Obi-Wan Kenobi buried two lightsabers in Tatooine's shifting sands, not one - and there's a good reason he had two lightsabers in his possession.

BY THOMAS BACONPUBLISHED 7 HOURS AGO
Warning! SPOILERS for Obi-Wan Kenobi episode 1.

Obi-Wan Kenobi episode 1 reveals the Jedi Master buried two lightsabers in Tatooine's desert sands. When Obi-Wan Kenobi arrived on Tatooine, he believed his time as a Jedi Master was coming to an end. The Jedi had failed, after all; they were supposed to serve as champions of the light, and yet they had failed to recognize the influence of the dark side flourishing at the heart of the Republic. They had then been wiped out in Star Wars' Order 66, cut down by the unexpected betrayal of the clone troopers.

"This weapon is your life," Obi-Wan told Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones. This wasn't just a piece of practical advice; the lightsaber is a tool to help a Jedi focus in the Force, with the Jedi becoming attuned to the kyber crystal at the saber's heart. It's therefore telling that Obi-Wan Kenobi episode 1 revealed the Jedi Master buried his lightsaber in the desert sands when he exiled himself on Tatooine. The Jedi had fallen, with Obi-Wan no longer serving as a Jedi for the following two decades. His task was to keep his head down and wait for Luke Skywalker to grow up, before taking the opportunity to train the boy.

Obi-Wan actually buried two lightsabers. There was his own, and then there was Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber, which Obi-Wan had taken from his apprentice after defeating him on Mustafar. Obi-Wan believed Anakin had died there, and by taking the lightsaber he was attempting to honor his former Padawan's legacy by giving it to his son. This second lightsaber would have symbolized so much to Obi-Wan: it represented all his regrets, as well as all his hopes that Luke could be what Anakin was not. It is telling that, according to the Star Wars Rebels episode "Twin Suns," Obi-Wan came to believe Luke was the Chosen One rather than Anakin. Where Anakin had failed, Obi-Wan hoped Luke would not, and the lightsaber was a symbol of this.

It's interesting to note Obi-Wan was able to find the lightsabers so easily. He buried them in the shifting sands of Tatooine, but Obi-Wan episode 1 clearly showed absolutely no identifiable landmarks. Even so, Obi-Wan knew the general area he had hidden them, and he must have sensed the kyber crystals contained within them. Tie-ins have described a Jedi's lightsaber as "a lens that focuses the light inside the Jedi," meaning the lightsaber he had used for decades had practically become a part of him. Little wonder he could sense the lightsabers with such ease.

There is, of course, a striking parallel between Obi-Wan's two lightsabers and the two lightsabers Rey buried at the end of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker. Where Obi-Wan buried both Anakin's lightsaber and his own, Rey buried Luke's and Leia's - while building a new lightsaber for her own use. She lived in a different time, when the light of the Jedi was dawning once again and she had nothing to fear. Her decision to bury those two lightsabers was an attempt to give Luke and Leia another legacy. She chose a location with a landmark, ensuring someone with no direct connection to those kyber crystals could one day find them. Rey's decision to bury the lightsabers is, therefore, a perfect inversion of Obi-Wan's in the Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ TV series.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The Bad Batch Season 2 Includes Return of Commander Cody
The first trailer for The Bad Batch season 2, unveiled at this year's Star Wars Celebration, teases Clone Commander Cody's long-awaited return.

BY AMANDA LANDWEHRPUBLISHED 6 HOURS AGO
Fan-favorite Clone Trooper Commander Cody is set to return in season 2 of Star Wars: The Bad Batch. The first trailer for the animated series' second season was just unveiled at this year's Star Wars Celebration, and teases an action-packed return for Hunter, Tech, Echo, Wrecker, and Omega, otherwise known as Clone Force 99. Widely praised by both Star Wars fans and critics, the first season arrived on Disney+ last May, with Disney confirming shortly thereafter that a second season was in the works.

Commander Cody was one of few clones to be properly introduced in live-action, having been portrayed by Temuera Morrison in Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005). Like the majority of clones, Cody was subject to the atrocities of Order 66 and was ordered by Chancellor Palpatine to kill his friend and Jedi General, Obi-Wan Kenobi, at the end of the film. Cody's backstory was further fleshed out in the animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars, where he was shown as a good, loyal man who diligently fought for the Republic alongside his brothers. However, unlike Captain Rex, Cody was unable to remove his inhibitor chip, and thus became an unwilling pawn of the Sith in their attempts to eradicate the Jedi Order. Until now, Cody had yet to re-appear in the canon timeline after Revenge of the Sith.

In the brand new trailer for The Bad Batch season 2, Cody can be seen fighting alongside former Bad Batcher Crosshair in what is presumably a manhunt for the members of Clone Force 99. While his appearances in the teaser clip are brief, viewers can spot Cody's recognizable face scar as he pulls a knife while facing off against an unknown opponent. Fans might also notice what looks to be his same Phase 2 armor from The Clone Wars, complete with his signature visor and DC blaster rifle. Check out the trailer below:

Click Here to View the Original Video.

While plot details remain scarce, it's safe to assume that Cody is poised to be one of the antagonists of The Bad Batch season 2. Under total control of the Empire, a seasoned combat veteran like Cody could pose a significant threat to Clone Force 99 as they continue to hide in the shadows following the explosive season 1 finale—especially with the help of Crosshair. In the trailer, Echo hints at what could be the Batch's primary season 2 mission when he says, "there are others out there who need our help." This could either mean the crew is setting out to save innocent civilians suffering under the Empire, or, clones who failed to have their inhibitor chips removed. With the appearance of Rex at the end of the trailer, this could be teasing at an emotionally compelling reunion between him and Cody, perhaps as Rex helps to remove Cody's chip like he did Clone Force 99's. If Rex and the Bad Batch can somehow manage to rescue Cody from the grip of the Empire, he might just be able to make amends for his actions under Order 66.

After fans have spent years questioning Commander Cody's fate following the events of Revenge of the Sith, it'll be interesting to see where show creators will choose to take the character in The Bad Batch season 2. Cody's arc could end in tragedy, or redemption, and will surely prove to be one of the more riveting points of the upcoming season. All questions surrounding Commander Cody's long-awaited return will be answered when The Bad Batch returns to Disney+ this fall.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Dave Filoni Reveals Easter Egg Hidden in All of His Mandalorian Episodes
Lucasfilm's Dave Filoni reveals that he has hidden a small figure in the background in every episode of The Mandalorian that he directed.

BY BRENNAN KLEINPUBLISHED 5 HOURS AGO
Dave Filoni reveals the secret Easter eggs he has snuck into every episode of The Mandalorian that he directed. The Mandalorian was the first live-action Star Wars series to launch on the streaming service Disney+ before they expanded the universe with The Book of Boba Fett and Obi-Wan Kenobi. The show stars Pedro Pascal as the bounty hunter Din Djarin, who forms a bond with a young alien named Grogu. The show was created by Jon Favreau, who is a co-executive producer with Filoni. Filoni has also directed three episodes of the series, including the premiere, which introduces Mando to Grogu, commonly referred to as Baby Yoda.

Filoni has been involved in the Star Wars universe for quite some time, having been a writer and supervising director on the 2008 animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars. That series, which was also adapted into a feature film, is the place where the character Ahsoka Tano (who is also getting her own live-action series starring Rosario Dawson) was originally introduced. Since then, he has created the series Star Wars Rebels, Star Wars Resistance, and Star Wars: The Bad Batch, as well as executive producing the web series Star Wars Forces of Destiny. He now holds a position as Lucasfilm's Executive Creative Director.

RELATED: Every Mandalorian Character Confirmed To Return In Season 3

Per Comicbook.com, Filoni revealed some of his directorial trademarks during the Mandalorian panel at Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim, California this weekend. First and foremost, he revealed that he has hidden a figure of George Lucas' mentor, the legendary Japanese filmmaker Akira Kurosawa, in the background of every episode he directed. He also frequently snuck in references to his hometown of Pittsburgh, specifically the fact that the downtown area is known as the Golden Triangle. Read his quote below:

There's one thing I do in particular that I don't think anyone will ever see, but a lot of my influences come obviously from George [Lucas] and then George, his mentor is Akira Kurosawa and so I've done a lot of study of that and talking to George about it. So, I have a really small Akira Kurosawa figure and he is in every episode I've directed somewhere in the set. And so, I hide him in there, and when we shoot an episode I'm directing he's always right by the monitors to remind me of a lot of his principles of filmmaking that he gave to George, so he's kind of another influence on what I'm doing. He's in there, but it'll be very hard to see him.
And there are other little Pittsburg homages, I just love my hometown, so you'll see little golden triangles here and there.

Lucas has frequently spoken about his love of Kurosawa and how the Japanese director's films have influenced the world of Star Wars. Indeed, the original film, 1977's A New Hope, draws many plot, character, and design elements from 1958's The Hidden Fortress and 1954's Seven Samurai. It is certainly fitting that Filoni pays such constant homage to the cinematic mentor of his mentor.

Considering how willing many Star Wars fans are to watch and rewatch their favorite series, it's surprising that these Easter eggs haven't already become more common knowledge. However, Filoni's comments are sure to spur a massive Easter egg hunt for the little Kurosawa figure in The Mandalorian. While Filoni's description of the size of the figure means that it will likely be too subtle for most casual viewers, it will certainly be a fun thing for Star Wars trivia hounds to keep track of in future episodes.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Star Wars makes a statement on racism after attacks on Moses Ingram

"If anyone intends to make her feel in any way unwelcome, we have only one thing to say: we resist," reads the official statement on Twitter.
By Andrea TowersMay 31, 2022 at 11:45 AM EDT

Moses Ingram's debut as the lightsaber-wielding Reva in Obi-Wan Kenobimarked a stellar new character arrival to Star Wars. Unfortunately, not everyone felt that way.

In a series of Instagram stories following both the long-awaited Obi-Wan Kenobi premiere and the triumphant return of Star Wars Celebration in California, Ingram shared hurtful messages she'd received via Instagram stories. And on Tuesday, the galaxy far, far away officially made its stance on racism very clear by posting an open message in support of their new star.

"We are proud to welcome Moses Ingram to the Star Wars family and excited for Reva's story to unfold," read the official statement via Twitter. "If anyone intends to make her feel in any way unwelcome, we have only one thing to say: we resist."
In another tweet, the account doubled down on their messaging, adding, "There are more than 20 million sentient species in the Star Wars galaxy, don't choose to be a racist."

A similarly worded message was also posted on the official Star Wars Instagram account, along with a photo of Ingram at Star Wars Celebration.
Ingram's situation is sadly far from unique, as other prominent characters of color in the galaxy have become targets of racist comments including Kelly Marie Tran and John Boyega.

'Star Wars' makes a statement on racism after attacks on actress Moses Ingram

Moses herself responded to the criticism in her Instagram stories, acknowledging that there are "hundreds of racist messages."

"I also see those of you out there who put on a cape for me and that really does mean the world to me, because there's nothing anybody can do about this," she noted. "There's nothing anybody can do to stop this hate." While she admitted she wasn't sure what her goal was by coming forward with her thoughts, she went on to say, "I think the thing that bothers me is sort of this feeling that I just gotta shut up and take it. I just kinda gotta grin and bear it. And I'm not built like that."
Ingram went on to thank "the people who show up for me in the comments, in the places that I'm not gonna put myself" and then closed her thoughts with a sentiment the late Carrie Fisher would be proud of: "To the rest of y'all, y'all weird."

Moses Ingram as Reva in 'Obi-Wan Kenobi.'

| CREDIT: LUCASFILM LTD.
Earlier this month, Ingram opened up to EW about the impact of playing a prominent Black character in the franchise.
"I know it's going to mean a lot to a lot of people," she told EW. "It's important that when we turn on the TV, we see the world that we live in reflected back to us in what we're seeing. Representation is so important, and I feel so blessed that I get to be the vehicle that this character comes forth through. I am not worthy."
No matter what Star Wars fans think, the message from the galaxy is clear: everyone is supported and welcome.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
All the major news out of Star Wars Celebration, from The Mandalorian to Obi-Wan Kenobi

Here's all the latest news the fan convention, including more characters making the jump from animation to live action.

By Devan CogganMay 31, 2022 at 05:04 PM EDT

The galaxy wasn't so far, far away this weekend, as some of Star Wars' most famous faces traveled to Anaheim, Calif., for Star Wars Celebration. After a three-year hiatus, the long-running fan convention returned over Memorial Day weekend, with both fans and stars alike gathering to celebrate all things intergalactic.
Over the course of four days, stars like Ewan McGregor, Hayden Christensen, Pedro Pascal, Rosario Dawson, and more took the stage to tease a whole universe of upcoming projects, including returning favorites like The Mandalorian and much-anticipated shows like Ahsoka and Andor. Here, EW breaks down all the biggest news out of Star Wars Celebration, from castings and trailers to a few surprise cameos.

Obi-Wan Kenobi says hello there

The 'Obi-Wan Kenobi' cast takes the stage at 'Star Wars' Celebration.

| CREDIT: ALBERTO E. RODRIGUEZ/GETTY IMAGES
The four-day Celebration kicked off with a fittingly epic entrance: On Thursday, Yvette Nicole Brown hosted Lucasfilm's studio showcase, and a full-blown choir was on hand to welcome attendees with a dramatic rendition of John Williams' "Duel of the Fates." Then, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker themselves stepped on stage, with Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen welcoming fans with an appropriate "Hello there."
Star Wars Celebration coincided with the premiere of Obi-Wan Kenobi and McGregor and Christensen were joined by director Deborah Chow and castmates Moses Ingram and Rupert Friend to tease the new show. It was also a much-hyped homecoming for McGregor and Christensen, and both actors reflected on the overwhelming love for their prequel trilogy.
"It has really just been amazing getting to come back to Star Wars and getting to be here with all of you and picking up a lightsaber again," Christensen told the crowd. "There's just nothing like it. It's really been incredible, so thank you."

Later Thursday night, McGregor, Christensen, and company returned to the stage for the global premiere of Obi-Wan Kenobi, as fans got to watch the first two episodes early. Afterward, the entire cast — including newcomer Vivien Lyra Blair, who plays young Leia — returned to the stage for a standing ovation (and many waving lightsabers).
Cassian Andor lives!

Genevieve O'Reilly and Diego Luna tease 'Andor' at 'Star Wars' Celebration.

| CREDIT: ALBERTO E. RODRIGUEZ/GETTY IMAGES
Diego Luna's rebel may have met his end in Rogue One, but he'll live on in the upcoming Disney+ series Andor, which is set about five years before he and Jyn Erso first stole the Death Star plans. Bourne screenwriter Tony Gilroy is overseeing the show, which will follow Cassian and Mon Mothma (played by a returning Genevieve O'Reilly) as they grapple with the rise of the Empire.
The 12-episode first season will debut Aug. 31 on Disney+, and Gilroy told the crowd that season 2 will begin shooting in November and will chronicle Cassian's life up until the events of Rogue One. (Alan Tudyk's sardonic droid K2-SO isn't in the first season, but he's expected to pop up in the second.) Luna joked that he's grateful for the job security, adding, "The beauty of this show is that there's no way they'll kill me."

Disney later dropped the first teaser trailer for Andor, and the show's cast also includes Adria Arjona, Kyle Soller, Fiona Shaw, Denise Gough, and Stellan Skarsgard. (Succession's Nicholas Britell is also writing the music.) Luna added that he relished the chance to better explore Cassian's journey from galactic outsider to Rebel leader — although he cautioned that the Cassian of Andor isn't yet the man who fearlessly sacrificed himself on Scarif.
"You're not going to recognize Cassian at the beginning," the actor teased. "It's a very selfish man you're going to see. He's a guy who's waiting for that awakening to happen. It's going to be exciting, and I can't wait for you to see it."
Grogu crashes The Mandalorian panel

'The Mandalorian' cast (with Grogu!) at 'Star Wars' Celebration.

| CREDIT: JESSE GRANT/GETTY IMAGES
The Mandalorian creators Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau teased an early look at The Mandalorian season 3 on Thursday, but the biggest news was reserved for their full panel Saturday, where they were joined by cast members Pedro Pascal, Katee Sackhoff, Carl Weathers, Emily Swallow, Temuera Morrison, and Giancarlo Esposito. Pascal also introduced Brendan Wayne and Lateef Crowder, the other two actors who play Din Djarin on set.
But it was the smallest star who earned the biggest cheers, as Favreau brought out a tiny animatronic Grogu, who plopped down and immediately began waving to the crowd.
"It's very hard to be separated!" Pascal said of working with his tiny green son. "It's the closest I've ever come to being a dad — so far, anyway."
The third season of The Mandalorian will debut in early 2023, and it'll pick up after Din and Grogu reunited in the finale of The Book of Boba Fett. Fans were also treated to some early footage, which found Din reckoning with his past: At one point, Swallow's cryptic Armorer chastises him for removing his helmet, telling him, "You are no longer Mandalorian." Later, he comes face to face with Sackhoff's Bo-Katan Kryze, who seems to be less than pleased that he's now wielding the Darksaber.
Ultimately, we see Din vowing to seek redemption on his home planet, saying, "I'm going to Mandalore so that I may be forgiven for my transgressions."
The footage also teased the return of Amy Sedaris as Peli Motto and Omid Abtahi as Doctor Pershing, along with a new character played by Saturday Night Live alum Tim Meadows. There were also a few fun surprises, like a tree full of Kowakian monkey-lizards (a.k.a. a bunch of Salacious B. Crumbs) and an appearance by several Babu Friks. Hey hey!
Rosario Dawson and friends teases Ahsoka

Rosario Dawson and Chopper take the stage at 'Star Wars' Celebration

Earlier in the week, Rosario Dawson shared a pretaped message, apologizing for missing Celebration because she was busy filming Ahsoka. But she made a surprise appearance during Saturday's Mandalorian panel, joining Pascal and co. on stage to tease her own upcoming Disney+ series.
"It's been just such a thrill and honor to bring this character to life and to feel the energy of everyone wanting to see her come to life," Dawson said. "As a fan, it's been exciting to experience it and see this story continue."
Dawson then introduced a few of her Ahsoka castmates: First, a live-action version of Chopper, the beloved droid from Star Wars Rebels, rolled on stage. Then Dawson welcomed new cast member Natasha Liu Bordizzo, who will be bringing Rebels fan favorite Sabine Wren into live action.
"I feel like I've been adopted into a new family," Bordizzo told the audience. "I can't say a thing, but I know how much Sabine means to a lot of people in this room, and watching Rebels, she's come to mean a hell of a lot to me, too. I know how much she means to Dave, so I think you guys are going to be really excited about the journey she's about to have."
Ahsoka has only been shooting for a few weeks and won't premiere until 2023, but Dawson still brought some early footage to show the crowd. The series will pick up after the events of Rebels, with Ahsoka searching for Ezra Bridger and attempting to hunt down Grand Admiral Thrawn. The footage included shots of Sabine looking on at her painted mural of the Ghost crew, as well as an unidentified character who sure looked a lot like Ghost captain Hera Syndulla.
Jude Law is joining a galaxy far, far away
Filoni and Favreau also took the stage to tease yet another upcoming Disney+ series: the upcoming Skeleton Crew, created by Jon Watts and Chris Ford. Set in the same time period as The Mandalorian and Ahsoka, Skeleton Crew will star Jude Law and center on a ragtag crew of children as they travel across the galaxy.
"This is a show we've been working on for a really long time and are so excited to finally get to make," Watts told the audience. "It's a story about a group of kids, about 10 years old, from a tiny little planet who accidentally get lost in the Star Wars galaxy. It's the story of their journey trying to find their way home."
Watts and Ford also cautioned that although their protagonists are children, Skeleton Crew is not necessarily a "kids' show." "It's as much of a kids' show as Clone Wars," Filoni added. "I'm like, we cut people's heads off in Clone Wars, so I'm not sure that's the best measure!"
Warwick Davis is back as Willow

CREDIT: ALBERTO E. RODRIGUEZ/GETTY IMAGES
It wasn't all Star Wars at Star Wars Celebration, either. During the Lucasfilm panel, producer Kathleen Kennedy also teased some of the studio's other upcoming projects — like the Willow series coming to Disney+. Original director Ron Howard and series creator Jon Kasdan took the stage to debut the first trailer for the show, which has Warwick Davis returning as the titular sorcerer.

Kasdan told the audience that he's been bugging Howard about a potential Willow revival ever since they worked together on Solo.
"The first time I met Ron, I went up to him and I said, 'I'm a huge Willow fan, and I'm determined to convince Kathy to make a sequel series to Willow,'" Kasdan recalled. "And he said, 'Great, but what are you doing in my hotel room?'"
The new series takes place about 20 years after the events of the movie, with Joanne Whalley also returning as Sorsha. The new cast includes Ruby Cruz as Sorsha's daughter Kit, Solo actress Erin Kellyman as aspiring knight Jade, and Ellie Bamber as kitchen maid Dove.
John Williams celebrates a birthday with Indiana Jones

Harrison Ford honors John Williams at 'Star Wars' Celebration.

Lucasfilm closed out its massive Thursday panel with a special performance by John Williams. The iconic Star Wars composer — who's celebrating his 90th birthday this year — conducted a live orchestra and gave the first-ever performance of his new theme for Obi-Wan Kenobi. He also treated the audience to his legendary "Imperial March," as well as the familiar melody of the Indiana Jones theme.
Later, Indy himself joined Williams on stage, and a visibly emotional Harrison Ford took the mic to pay tribute to his longtime friend. "We all know what John does musically," Ford said. "What you may not know, and what I've come to appreciate, is the warmth, the generosity, and the boyish spirit of this man. [He's] the most gracious man, the gentlest, kindest man, and a wonderful talent that we're all blessed with."
"That music follows me everywhere I go," Ford added, after walking onstage to the Indiana Jones theme. "And you know what? I'm happy about it. That music was playing on the speakers of the operating room when I had my last colonoscopy."
Ford also shared some details about the untitled Indiana Jones 5, which is currently in production and will hit theaters June 30, 2023. James Mangold is directing the film, which also stars Phoebe Waller-Bridge, Mads Mikkelsen, Boyd Holbrook, and Antonio Banderas.
"I'm really proud of the movie that we made," Ford added. "So, I'll be seeing you around campus."
The Bad Batch teases a major villain

'The Bad Batch' season 2

| CREDIT: LUCASFILM LTD.
Animation took over the Celebration stage Sunday, with Filoni introducing a preview of The Bad Batch season 2. Cast members Dee Bradley Baker and Michelle Ang joined supervising director Brad Rau, head writer Jennifer Corbett, and story editor Matt Michnovetz to tease the next adventures of everyone's favorite ragtag clone squad. (Baker, who voices all of the clones, even performed a live scene with Ang, easily slipping between his various characters.)
The first trailer for season 2 found the squad reckoning with the fallout from Order 66, and it also teased a few familiar faces: There's a Wookiee who looks a lot like beloved Jedi Padawan Gungi, as well as the return of Commander Cody and the nefarious Emperor.

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
i really wanted to like the obi-wan series but cannot. its straight up ass. here are my reasons.

1. using the same director for the entire series, shows the weakness in her direction.
2. the writers are on some still learning how to write. Nothing about the writing is good, thus the acting suffers and the story suffers
3. Obi-wan is not powerful or wise at all. in fact, he comes off more like frodo-wan than anything else. He never lets his balls drop and show he's a true jedi master.
4. the damn little girl is annoying. Her comments, questions and actions are way to convenient. Kid actor sucks and this one does.
5. Reva comes off initially as a petulant little child but goes full on stupid thinking she just could kill or come close to touching Vader. that fight scene was pointless. We know she don't figure into the story of star wars going fwd so she has to die in episode 6 somehow.
6. Overall the need to do a better job writing a more compelling story and not focus so much on the kids.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
‘Obi-Wan Kenobi’ Season 2: Ewan McGregor ‘Hopes We Do Another,’ but Crew More Hesitant

By Zack Sharf
Plus Icon
© 2022 Lucasfilm Ltd

SPOILER ALERT: Do not read if you have not watched the “Obi-Wan Kenobi” finale on Disney+.
“Obi-Wan Kenobi” has completed its six-episode run on Disney+, which begs the question: will the “Star Wars” series return for Season 2? “Obi-Wan” was developed and billed as a limited series, but so was “Big Little Lies” and “The White Lotus.” The series came to a conclusive end with young Leia being safely returned home, Reva overcoming the Dark Side and Obi-Wan back on Tatooine looking after Luke. There were no major cliffhangers, although Darth Vader still looms large. One person definitely eager for “Obi-Wan” Season 2 is the Jedi himself, Ewan McGregor.
“I really hope we do another,” McGregor told British GQ before the finale aired. “If I could do one of these every now and again — I’d just be happy about it.”

Related Stories
VIP+
What Keeping Quiet Costs Will Smith

‘Stranger Things’ vs. ‘Obi-Wan Kenobi’: Measuring Summer’s Streaming Showdown

Hayden Christensen, who reprised his role of Darth Vader in the series, is also game to keep playing the character, though he could do so either in an a second season of “Obi-Wan” or a different series.
“Well, it was definitely conceived as a standalone story. But I would love to continue with this character,” Christensen told Radio Times. “You know, I think there’s certainly more there to explore and I would be so excited to get to do so…I would certainly be open to [returning for ‘Obi-Wan’ Season 2].”
While the actors are all in on “Obi-Wan” Season 2, the show’s creative team is acting a bit more hesitant. As series director Deborah Chow recently told Entertainment Tonight, “For this one, we really did conceive it to be a limited series. It really is one big story with a beginning, middle and end. So, we weren’t thinking past that.”
“I think, you know, if it was to go forward, it would only be if there was a real reason for another one,” Chow added.
Lucasfilm president and “Obi-Wan” executive producer Kathleen Kennedy agreed with Chow, telling ET, “Well, frankly, we did set out to do that as a limited series. But I think if there’s huge engagement and people really want more Obi-Wan, we’ll certainly give that consideration because the fans, they speak to us. And if we feel like, ‘OK, there’s a real reason to do this; it’s answering the why then,’ then we’ll do it. But we’ll see.”
All six episodes of “Obi-Wan Kenobi” are streaming on Disney+.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
George Lucas Says He Sold ‘Star Wars’ to ‘White Slavers’

In an interview with Charlie Rose, George Lucasspoke about everything from his and Disney’s branching vision to the deal itself. Lucas, who has always been protective of his series and even refers to them as his “kids,” hasn’t been looking back well on the deal with Disney

“I sold them to the white slavers that takes these things, and…,” Lucas said before laughing and deciding it better not to finish. (See the interview below. Lucas mentions the “white slavers”).

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
:angry::angry::angry: For the love of the gods, please make it stop with Disney and Star Wars. If I had to choose between Disney giving up Star Wars or EA giving up sole rights to NFL football games, my head would explode.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
1cnlmcb309791.jpg

But Ingram herself was instrumental in helping to create another key aspect of Reva's appearance, and one that could have a huge impact beyond the screen. "We had a lot of conversations about hair and what the right hair might be," explains the actress. "And Deborah was really great about moving from what the initial vision was for hair to what we arrived at for Reva's hair."

For Ingram, the mission was twofold: Create an amazing look, while also creating a look that kids who resemble her could easily emulate. "Part of that conversation when I was talking to Deb and our hair department head was really that I wanted kids to be able to have the opportunity with their own hair at Halloween. And that's huge If you look at all the kids of color or Black kids with kinky hair. When they want to be Elsa for Halloween, they can be Elsa, but they got to put on a blond wig. [Now] there are so many kids that'll be able to wear their hair at Halloween, and I think that's going to be really exciting as well."

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Man. Just off surviving Vader's rampage at the temple, I could have came up with a story arc and series for her that would have melted faces. :angry: :angry: I'd have just introduced her for seconds at the end of Obi season, just to give the fans something to wonder about so the character wasn't just coming out the blue.

This was just so REGULAR

It wasn't the worst but it could have been so much better

My only hope is this is all just place setting to go absolutely insane next season

I'm gonna support regardless but this just seems so ....

Unchallenged.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
This was just so REGULAR

It wasn't the worst but it could have been so much better

My only hope is this is all just place setting to go absolutely insane next season

I'm gonna support regardless but this just seems so ....

Unchallenged.
Regular is being too kind. They ruined reeva not just by timing but with writing her too. Imagine seeing how she survived. Her journey. Imagine surviving order 66. Shit, there is so much to that alone. Just the first days. Then imagine either becoming good, evil, or neutral due primarily to that trauma. Because we never know what small children can become, especially after that kind of trauma.

Could have older Reeva putting in work while flashing back to the other story around the time of order 66. Not on some Witcher Season 1 confusion, much better coherency. She don't have to be defiant and 'sticking it to the patriarchy' like they wrote her. Have her like Palapine was as a senator. Strategic. calculating. Patient. Plotting for years without losing his cool. We know she doesn't kill vader, but the lead up to the missed hit could have been a great story which could lead to an old reeva hiding out. Passing down the hate.

Meanwhile, the incompetent writers could have focused on Obi since so much story there. And if they want a Leia show, give her one. They got the bread. Like Oprah, you get a show, you get a show, everyone gets a fucking show. :lol:

Disney has to handle this better because having access to the star wars universe is like being born on 3rd base.