Star Trek's Anton Yelchin Dead at 27

OutlawR.O.C.

R.I.P. shanebp1978
BGOL Investor
If this year keeps up this way there won't be any tributes to those we've lost at the award shows there will just be a two hour long In Memoriam show with a couole if awards given out during the commercial break :smh:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
A college buddy of mine passed a couple of weeks ago from stage 4 colon cancer. Only 40. I know his wife and daughters were going through it yesterday.

Go home 2016, you're drunk.

Condolences to your friend's family. My late grandpa battled it in the final 5 years of his life, but surprisingly was able to overcome it. He had a myriad of health problems at the end. It was tough to watch as he couldn't catch a break. Minor heart attack, dementia, dysentery, colon cancer, loss of appetite, bed sores, broken hip (from a fall out of bed) & wheelchair-bound.

My grandma had about 25 years of heart attacks and strokes. She had a stroke at my college graduation.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Jeep - GMC

Is going to have to pay millions and millions in a lawsuit

Since dude was only 27 an actor who has already been in several blockbusters

I wonder what's the biggest lawsuit settlement

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Then why the recall?
Because when a certain number of incidents are reported to the NHTSA, they launch an investigation that becomes public. The recall doesn't fix any engineering problem. It adds a warning chime if the car is not in park and the door is open. The NHTSA simply said its not the most intuitive.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
Jeep - GMC

Is going to have to pay millions and millions in a lawsuit

Since dude was only 27 an actor who has already been in several blockbusters

I wonder what's the biggest lawsuit settlement

Jeep is Fiat - Chrysler and yeah that silly shifter is going to bite them in the ass...Audi had that style first but in the Audi it acts as a hand rest for operating the interface...RIP to dude...hell of a way to go

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Original 'Star Trek' Chekov Walter Koenig Mourns Anton Yelchin
1:40 PM PDT 6/20/2016 by Ryan Parker

walter_koenig_anton_yelchin_split_h_2016.jpg

'Star Trek' actor Walter Koenig (left), Anton Yelchin
JC Olivera/FilmMagic; Joe Scarnici/WireImage
"My heart goes out to his mother and father."
Walter Koenig, the actor who brought the character of Pavel Chekov to life in the original Star Trek TV series and subsequent films, only met Anton Yelchin once, but it was memorable.

"We spoke on a sound stage for about two hours," Koenig said Monday in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter. "His reputation as an artist preceded him, however. I knew I was in the presence of a gifted performer."

Yelchin was killed early Sunday morning when his Jeep rolled down his driveway, pinning him between the vehicle, a security fence and brick pillar. He was 27.

Yelchin took over the role of Chekov for J.J. Abrams' 2009 Star Trek reboot and two sequels. The third installment of the reimagined franchise, Star Trek Beyond, is due out July 22.

Koenig says the two men were not close friends, but the young actor made in indelible impression.

"What I learned that day was how bright and sensitive he was. I walked away thinking — this is a good person," Koenig said. "My heart goes out to his mother and father. I know what you're going through."

Yelchin's death remains under investigation by Los Angeles authorities.

The actor's Jeep was part of a voluntary recall issued in April by Fiat Chrysler. The recall was issued to "reduce the effect of potential driver error by enhancing warnings and transmission shift strategy," according to the notice.

In a statement, the company said: "FCA US extends its most sincere condolences to the family and friends of Mr. Yelchin. The Company is in contact with the authorities and is conducting a thorough investigation. It is premature to speculate on the cause of this tragedy.”

joneblaze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I always liked Anton Yelchin.He took on roles in which a character was well beyond his years in wisdom and maturity or a young man thrown into the craziest of situations
So talented and thoughtful So sad to hear of his tragic passing
RIP

MurderCity

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/21/anton-yelchin-jeep-died-quickly/

TMZ reports that Anton Yelchin died after a minute of being pinned between his Jeep and security gate early Sunday morning. He was found dead not long after the incident at his home in the San Fernando Valley. He died due to injuries to his chest and head. The jeep crushed his lungs, which is the reason he only lasted a minute after impact. There were security cmaeras on the gate and police are investigating to see if the accident was captured on tape.

The model of Yelchin’s Jeep was recalled a month before because the e-shift created a situation in which drivers put the vehicle in neutral, believing it was in park.

:smh:

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Jeep is Fiat - Chrysler and yeah that silly shifter is going to bite them in the ass...Audi had that style first but in the Audi it acts as a hand rest for operating the interface...RIP to dude...hell of a way to go
There's no difference in the shifter that were in the Audis. It's actually not even a Chrysler or Audi designed shifter. It's stock from the manufacturer of the transmission, ZF. I suspect a case wouldn't go far in court. Chrysler would defer to ZF for liability.

slewdem100

Rising Star
OG Investor
There's no difference in the shifter that were in the Audis. It's actually not even a Chrysler or Audi designed shifter. It's stock from the manufacturer of the transmission, ZF. I suspect a case wouldn't go far in court. Chrysler would defer to ZF for liability.
Found out today the Audi shifter automatically puts the car in park when the door is opened...that is one big difference...FCA has an ongoing recall and they changed the shifter so there is something to it...ZF does the transmission but did not know they did the shifter design...I think they are in trouble Boss...that lack of automatically putting the car in park is a problem

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I always liked Anton Yelchin.He took on roles in which a character was well beyond his years in wisdom and maturity or a young man thrown into the craziest of situations
So talented and thoughtful So sad to hear of his tragic passing
RIP

Yeah - I think what people are recognizing in recent days is that he was one of the good guys in Hollywood. Kept a low profile ... wouldn't hear any bullshit about him in the news ... and just focused on his work/craft & had already built up a legit resume in his late-20s. Freak accidents are terrible in the sense that the family doesn't get any closure whatsoever, and are left with so many questions at the end of the day.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
http://www.tmz.com/2016/06/21/anton-yelchin-jeep-died-quickly/

TMZ reports that Anton Yelchin died after a minute of being pinned between his Jeep and security gate early Sunday morning. He was found dead not long after the incident at his home in the San Fernando Valley. He died due to injuries to his chest and head. The jeep crushed his lungs, which is the reason he only lasted a minute after impact. There were security cmaeras on the gate and police are investigating to see if the accident was captured on tape.

The model of Yelchin’s Jeep was recalled a month before because the e-shift created a situation in which drivers put the vehicle in neutral, believing it was in park.

Glad to hear he wasn't suffering for a long duration, and a few days back that the friend(s) went to check on him within a few hours after failing to make contact at the rehearsal late-evening. They had a feeling something wasn't right, and didn't leave it until the morning.

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
R.I.P. to such a talented guy. That kid brought me to tears watching Alpha Dog, I cant even front. I never felt so much compassion for a group of wanna be black, well off white kids.

All over the net, I even see people talking shit on him or how he could be so stupid or how this and that. Fuck all that shit, Jeep is on defense like a motherfucker. I know they had a full on, all hands on deck meeting as SOON as it was reported how he was killed.

Seen that shifter, rented a Jeep a few months ago and wifey hated it. She compared it to our old Jeep years ago and how simple and effective the shifter was and the 4WD. But on this new one, meh, and every time she shifted had to look down to see what gear she was in. She jokingly said, this is gonna cause an accident. The neighbor said you could get out on a level surface and watch your new Jeep drift down the street. Wifey said or back down the driveway and through the garage doors, but no, this is just a rental and we all laughed. When we returned that thing, the agent said the same thing - lots of folks complaining about it.

oNE

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
FYI, it's not really a defect. People just weren't pushing the button to engage park when they made a gear selection. Simply moving the lever doesn't put the vehicle in park. If the car isn't operated properly, can't blame on the manufacturer, even if it's not the most intuitive design.

Its a defect bro. Stop that.

wow...

Found out today the Audi shifter automatically puts the car in park when the door is opened...that is one big difference...FCA has an ongoing recall and they changed the shifter so there is something to it...ZF does the transmission but did not know they did the shifter design...I think they are in trouble Boss...that lack of automatically putting the car in park is a problem

THIS

Guy was at work bitching about this yesterday. He said the excat same thing. Then he said he died without any reason. Fuck Jeep, Chrysler and Fiat.

I get it now
oNE

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Its a defect bro. Stop that.

wow...
Tell me what the defect is then? Did the button you need to depress on the shifter not work? Can this defect by anyone who operates the shifter correctly be replicated? Millions of vehicles were recalled, show me the Youtube video with someone demonstrating the defect. I'll wait.....

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
Tell me what the defect is then? Did the button you need to depress on the shifter not work? Can this defect by anyone who operates the shifter correctly be replicated? Millions of vehicles were recalled, show me the Youtube video with someone demonstrating the defect. I'll wait.....

Fam - Im not debating your knowledge. You on some semantic shit.

I DEPRESSED THAT SHIT MYSELF AND THERE SEEMS TO BE A DELAY ON HOW IT JUMPS INTO GEAR. It doesn't set all the way. I dunno how to explain it but it just doesn't feel secure underneath. I felt the wheels settle in park and when I looked at the gear shift the light was still on R and I did it again and it worked fine. That told me to double check it every time I got out. Wifey did the same thing, more than once. When the rep took the car back at Enterprise, he said the same exact thing. When back in the office, they laughed at dude.

If you make a pair of sneakers and half the joints you sell have complaints that the laces split the top rungs of the shoe and caused some people to fall and get injured - that's my definition of a defect.

Technology in cars is sposed to be idiot proof. I know Americans are stupid but when a smart, sober one makes an idiot mistake, it shines a light on all the other incidents before him.

oNE

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yeah, whether or not it was the actual cause of his death (seems like it is, but I don't want to speak on shit I don't know) that shifter is just stupidly designed. Seems like they wanted to make a change when no change was needed, and this change was to something that is extremely intuitive in 99% of automatics. Yeah, it'd be good to look at the dash every time you park to make sure you're in park... but why design a car that makes that almost mandatory? Anytime putting an automatic car in park needs an explanation for an experienced driver, something is fucked up.

The intuitive thing is important. It's bad enough when you're driving a key-less hybrid and you forget to shut the thing off because there's no key to pull out of the ignition and it's so quiet while it's sitting in park that you forget that it's still running and get out until you remember 3 hours later that you never hit the power button (did that when I rented a prius) but at least it's not gonna roll anywhere.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
For the fam' in Canada looking to win ...

http://www.tribute.ca/contests/star-trek-san-diego-trip-c3736/?referrer=TRIBUTE

http://www.tribute.ca/contests/star-trek-san-diego-trip-c3736/rules.html

WIN A $3000 TRIP FOR TWO TO SEE THE PREMIERE OF STAR TREK BEYOND IN SAN DIEGO

Head to San Diego with a guest to explore the world surrounding Comic-Con and attend the exciting premiere of STAR TREK BEYOND with a two (2) night, three (3) day trip! After exploring San Diego at your leisure, prepare for the world premiere of the action-packed STAR TREK BEYOND. You'll view the star-studded red carpet activities before settling in to watch the film under the stars, which will be the first ever outdoor IMAX® premiere event. To top it off, the San Diego Symphony Orchestra will be enhancing the premiere with a live performance of Academy Award®-winning composer Michael Giacchino's film score. Enjoy an incredible night amidst the excitement of San Diego with this unforgettable trip, on behalf of STAR TREK BEYOND, in theaters July 22!

*Note that the trip does not include passes/credentials into San Diego Comic-Con.

* Denotes mandatory questions

200x95.gif

580.jpg