Sports Cacing Till It Hurts: Denver Coach Nick Fangio - “I don’t see racism at all in the NFL" others getting EXPOSED UPDATE: GRUDEN

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
These honkies cannot help themselves :smh:

rkqN7q.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
These honkies cannot help themselves :smh:

OK look I aint no conspiracy theorist like I said before

HOWEVER

aint this ALL kinda CONVENIENT?

For the FIRST TIME IN YEARS

It seems like WHITE FOLKS were FINALLY getting what Kaepernick was doing

FINALLY after we been saying the SAME THING OVER and OVER

and of ALL PEOPLE

Drew f*cking Brees

the quarterback for NEW ORLEANS

(yeah he been on the no kneel but follow me)

DECIDES to NOW

when the UNIFICATION is REALLY staring

and even the NFL is trying to jump onboard

DREW BREES!!!!

tries to derail the WHOLE thing?

WHAT?!!

NOW?

His FIRST PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT?

And it was NOT a slip up

that was a VERY WELL REHEARSED ATTACK on Kapernick and the movement

POINT BLANK

and it was a DIRECT SHOT

as his "brothers" in the NFL who support Kaep.

And MOST IMPORTANTLY?

It not only helped the President and HIS base..

IT ALLOWED ALL THOSE GUILTY FEELING WHITE CLOSET RACIST TO HAVE A PLATFORM

NOW they all trying to use THIS to get out of being involved in ANYTHING related to support of the cause

and that is an ACCIDENT?

I'm just saying...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Drew called the WRONG Play

as a vet he should be ashamed

unprepared can't thin on his feet needed more time in the film room

he stuck with the playbook and got exposed

all his OTHER white folks?

out here calling audibles and doing the option

so we FORGET what hey SAID about Kaep in the past

and that dink and dunk apology came up short.

thought the refs would call pass interference.

guess Drew arm really is done.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
The NFL is embarrassing

All of this could have been avoided but they chose to do the wrong thing..

With all the Drew Brees shit going on yesterday
I didn't even know about what Vic Fangio said, until just now
Damn that shit slipped through the cracks
But since he just apologized, its back in the news again
@ansatsusha_gouki Aren't you a Broncos fan?

I haven't watch football in four years. Was the Broncos my team,yes but I havent fuck with them since the NFL whiteballed Kap.

Matter of fact,I called out Snakeway for his disingenuous remark pertaining that failed trade with the 9ers...

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Broncos coach Vic Fangio apologizes after comments that he doesn't 'see racism at all in NFL'
play

0:07
/
1:39

4:16 PM ET
  • Jeff LegwoldESPN Senior Writer
Denver Broncos coach Vic Fangio said Wednesday that his remarks about racism and discrimination in the NFL were "wrong" and apologized, saying in a statement, "I should have been more clear and I am sorry."
"After reflecting on my comments yesterday and listening to the players this morning I realize what I said regarding racism and discrimination in the NFL was wrong," Fangio said in a statement. "While I have never personally experienced those terrible things first-hand during my 33 years in the NFL, I understand many players, coaches and staff have different perspectives.
EDITOR'S PICKS
"I should have been more clear and I am sorry.
"I wanted to make the point yesterday that there is no color within the locker rooms I have been in or on the playing fields I have coached on. Unfortunately, we don't live or work only within those confines. Outside of those lines -- both in the NFL and in society -- there is a lot of work to be done in the areas of diversity and providing opportunities across the board for minorities.
"As the head coach, I look forward to listening to the players -- both individually and collectively -- to support them and work hand-in-hand to create meaningful change."

ADVERTISEMENT

Fangio, now in his second season with the Broncos, held a 16-minute session with local media Tuesday that covered a variety of topics, including his outrage at George Floyd's death while in police custody and his support for his players' involvement in social justice protests. He singled out safety Justin Simmons as a "great person, a great leader" and quarterback Drew Lock's offseason progress.
But Fangio was also asked whether, in his more than three decades in the NFL, he thought players' activism had increased given current events.
To that, his answer included: "I think our problems in the NFL along those lines are minimal. We're a league of meritocracy. You earn what you get, you get what you earn. I don't see racism at all in the NFL, I don't see discrimination in the NFL. We all live together, joined as one, for one common goal, and we all intermingle and mix tremendously."
Fangio has publicly supported the Rooney Rule in the past, which is designed to help increase the number of minority candidates interviewed for head-coaching or senior football operation positions. The league is trying to expand the rule's scope.
Fangio's "no racism" and "no discrimination" comments drew reaction both Tuesday night and Wednesday morning. Fangio spoke to Broncos players Wednesday, and many with the team said the give-and-take was honest and helpful.

On Tuesday, Fangio said he supported the idea of the team's players participating in local demonstrations.
"I think peaceful, constructive protests are good," he said. "If they feel like they need to play a part in that, I'm all for it."
Regarding Simmons, he said: "I thought it was great. Justin is a great person, a great leader, got his head screwed on correctly. He sees the problems and how they need to be solved. He's searching for solutions, and it's easy for everybody to identify the problems. ... We need to search for solutions, and I think Justin is one of those guys who will find solutions."
Broncos CEO Joe Ellis had a virtual meeting with players and coaches Tuesday about what the team could do, and what the players wanted to do, moving forward in social justice initiatives.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Drew Brees Doesn’t Care About Black People
The NFL star addressed players kneeling during the national anthem in light of the current state of race relations in America.
Written By David Dennis, Jr.
Posted June 3, 2020

Source: Jonathan Bachman / Getty

There was a time I loved Drew Brees as much as any other athlete in the world. Back when I watched the NFL — before the league blackballed Colin Kaepernick for peacefully kneeling during the national anthem to raise awareness about the Black people killed by police brutality around the country — I was a diehard New Orleans Saints fan. As someone born in Louisiana, he was the savior for my favorite franchise. Then he spoke about Colin Kaepernick back in 2016:

“I disagree. I wholeheartedly disagree,” Brees told ESPN about Kaepernick’s silent kneeling protest. “Not that he wants to speak out about a very important issue. No, he can speak out about a very important issue. But there’s plenty of other ways that you can do that in a peaceful manner that doesn’t involve being disrespectful to the American flag… Like, it’s an oxymoron that you’re sitting down, disrespecting that flag that has given you the freedom to speak out.”

Not only was this a perfect embodiment of the “white moderate” Martin Luther King, Jr. warned us about “who is more devoted to “order” than to justice,” but Brees’ statement came on Aug. 29th, 2016 — exactly 11 years to the day since Hurricane Katrina made landfall in Louisiana.
Drew Brees owes so much of his legacy to the tragedy that was Katrina. Brees came to New Orleans in the wake of the storm and the way he catapulted the Saints to the playoffs and the eventual Super Bowl win in 2010 made him part of the story of the city’s rebuilding. And it is important here to note that Brees and his family have donated millions to the city beyond the revenue he brought as a singularly talented quarterback. However, his mythology is directly attached to a disaster that is a reflection of the racial inequalities Black folks face in this country.

Hurricane Katrina disproportionately displaced, killed and financially ruined Black people across the Gulf Coast region. The pitiful response by the United States government is just another shining example of the way Black folks are discarded in this country. This is the story indelibly linked to the legend of Brees. Which is why it was a stab in the gut for him to not understand why Black people would see the American flag as less than the symbol of hope Brees wants us to see.

I never cheered for Drew Brees after that.

Fast forward four years and we have even more proof of what we knew back in 2016: Colin Kaepernick was right. Colin Kaepernick was speaking to a real issue. And ultimately the only protest America will accept is a white protest. As the country recoils in horror at images of burning buildings and projectiles tossed across American cities in anger, Black America is reminding everyone that they didn’t accept peaceful protests, either.
As a reminder, these protests are a direct result of police murdering innocent Black people with the same fervor and frequency as they did back in 2016. While some in the world are coming around to understanding why Black people are angry, Drew Brees is sticking to the covering that makes him feel righteous in his indignation: the American flag.

This is what he said Wednesday when asked about players kneeling during the anthem in light of the current state of race relations in America:

He tried to clarify his statement with “I love and respect my teammates and I stand right there with them in regards to fighting for racial equality and justice… I also stand with my grandfathers who risked their lives for this country and countless other military men and women who do it on a daily basis.”

This… isn’t better. Sixty percent of Brees’ teammates are Black. He is in the epicenter of one of the most devastating racial injustices this country has ever seen and he wants us to protest in the way he sees fit. This is just a day after he joined in with an empty gesture of posting a #Blackouttuesday post on Instagram.

Drew Brees can pretend all he wants that it is about the flag or his grandfathers or whatever excuse he wants. This is about something else entirely. This is about another white man silencing Black people because they make him uncomfortable. This is anti-Black. This is why players are kneeling. If Drew Brees refuses to make way for solutions, then he is only standing in the way of equality. I don’t care how much he convinces himself otherwise.

If Drew Brees wants to be the hero he thinks he is, he needs to disentangle himself from his love of preserving white ideals and truly stand with Black people. Until then, he’s just an anti-Black football star in a city he’s betrayed.

200.gif

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
NFL Players, Employee Forced Goodell’s Protest Ban Apology
By Chas Danner
Kap was right. Photo: Michael Zagaris/San Francisco 49ers/Getty Images
New York Is Committed to Covering This Essential Moment
We’ve removed our paywall from this and other stories about police brutality and systemic racism. Consider becoming a subscriber to support our journalists.

Late Friday, amid the ongoing nationwide unrest following the killing of George Floyd, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell released a video in which he apologized for how the NFL had failed to support players’ protests over racial injustice and police brutality during the national anthem. “We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People,” Goodell said. “We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter.”
Goodell also said that, “Without black players, there would be no National Football League and the protests around the country are emblematic of the centuries of silence, inequality and oppression of black players, coaches, fans and staff.”
NFL

@NFL

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1269034074552721408

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange
https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1269034074552721408

6:31 PM - Jun 5, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

38.6K people are talking about this

But the commissioner did not apologize to blacklisted quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who in 2016 started a movement when he began sitting, then kneeling, during the national anthem in peaceful protest against police brutality. In 2018, in response to declining ratings for NFL games after President Trump had repeatedly attacked Kaepernick and other players who protested, the league announced a new policy that required players to stand for the national anthem or remain in the locker room while it was playing.
Goodell did not mention Kaepernick at all on Friday, but said he would reach out to NFL players who have “raised their voices.”

The commissioner’s surprising and long overdue about-face did not happen organically. It was forced by a powerful video, shared Thursday night on social media, in which New Orleans Saints star Michael Thomas and numerous other black players called out the league, called attention to the killing of Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, and other African-Americans killed by police — and demanded the league stand behind them. “What if I was George Floyd?” many of the players asked, insisting that they will “not be silenced” anymore.

34K people are talking about this

Twenty-four hours later, with apparently little input from team owners, Goodell did what the players told him to do, in some cases saying verbatim what they had demanded he say. They published a “message on behalf of the NFL” and forced the NFL to literally repeat what they said.
The players’ video, per multiple reports, was organized by Thomas and a rogue NFL social-media employee who was upset over the league’s stance and reached out to Thomas. The video, which has been viewed millions of times, led to an emotional Zoomed town hall between Goodell and NFL employees on Friday, during which NFL staffers reportedly shared their anguish over the nationwide unrest and the league’s failures — with Kaepernick’s name coming up multiple times. An employee told Yahoo Sports that, “People cried. People were upset. People had prepared statements. People revealed that they hadn’t slept in days over this. People asked very direct questions.”
The players’ video, the NFL employees’ outrage, and Goodell’s subsequent reversal also followed a new NFL controversy over the protests this week. On Wednesday, Saints quarterback Drew Brees, who is white, told a reporter that he “will never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag of the United States,” in regards to the inevitability, following the widespread outrage over Floyd’s death, that many more players would protest during the anthem whenever this year’s NFL season begins. Brees apologized a day later following widespread backlash from other players and fans, admitting his “comments were insensitive and completely missed the mark.” Shortly before Goodell’s video came out, President Trump criticized Bree on Twitter for apologizing, and Bree later responded by insisting the protests were not about the flag.
“Through my ongoing conversations with friends, teammates, and leaders in the black community, I realize this is not an issue about the American flag. It has never been,” Brees said in an Instagram post directly addressing Trump on Friday. “We can no longer use the flag to turn people away or distract them from the real issues that face our black communities.”
According to the Washington Post, another reason Goodell may have been willing to change his tune is because he and others within the NFL no longer fear Trump and his supporters as much as they once did:
The reaction of some powerful figures in the league remains unknown. Some insiders wonder how Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, a member of the league’s old guard who has said his players must stand for the anthem, would respond. The Cowboys did not respond Saturday to a request for comment.

The league and owners realize there could be opposition from fans with views similar to Trump’s, according to the person familiar with the NFL’s inner workings …

One Goodell associate said he was “amazed” by the video. He added: “Trump is in a different place now. I don’t think the NFL is afraid of taking him on this time.”
Meanwhile, many have criticized Goodell for taking years to come around, needing to come around in the first place, and for still failing to address Kaepernick, who hasn’t played in three seasons as a result of his blacklisting.
Full Dissident

@hbryant42

https://twitter.com/hbryant42/status/1269290023477796865

It wasn’t that the NFL didn’t listen to its players. It did. It listened to Anquan Boldin. It listened to Malcolm Jenkins. It listened to the white players offended by the Kaepernick protest. The apology for banning him, choosing killer cops over black people, hasn’t yet come.

11:28 AM - Jun 6, 2020 · Northampton, MA
Twitter Ads info and privacy

165 people are talking about this

As The Atlantic’s Jemele Hill pointed out earlier this week:
The recent wave of protests and acts of rebellion gives Americans yet another chance to listen to black people without them having to die to prove a point. Kaepernick’s gesture of taking a knee is more powerful now than it was back in 2016. News coverage—not to mention numerous photos and videos on the internet—shows protesters kneeling in the streets because it’s come to universally symbolize nonviolent resistance. Had the NFL continued to support Kaepernick all along, the league would be remembered in this moment as a true beacon of progress, rather than a bunch of shameless hypocrites.
Whether the injustice done by Goodell and the NFL to Kaepernick is substantively redressed, or, at the very least, he is able to play in the upcoming season — now that the league has been forced to get behind the movement he started — remains to be seen.