So when’s the housing bubble bursting?

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Don’t even make sense to cash out on the 401k.

after taxes, fees, and penalty, I was looking at paying near 40% worth.

Took the 401k which is half of what I have, but no taxes or penalties.

Wifey and I are offering 30-35k on cribs and still taking Ls.

And because it’s a sellers market, it’s hard to know if discrimination is at play here.
Hold off and buy later. The market always corrects itself

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Northern California Growing Into ‘Mega Region’ As People Are Moving From The Bay Area To Sacramento

Working from home means you can change where home is. Massive migration in Northern California has affected home prices, politics and more.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Northern California Growing Into ‘Mega Region’ As People Are Moving From The Bay Area To Sacramento

Working from home means you can change where home is. Massive migration in Northern California has affected home prices, politics and more.

Sacramento ain’t really cheap anymore and it’s a crime infested gangland shithole with Bloods and Crips and Mexican gangs everywhere.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
Man, wifey and I was ready to go see a house and the sellers pulled it off the market during the “coming soon” phase because someone made a crazy unseen offer.

I don’t think we have much of a chance out here. At least it feels that way.

Actually, the time to buy will be here before you know it with lower prices. People will start foreclosing because they bought out of their range and houses will s l o w l y start to be plentiful again. One drawback is, much higher mortgage rates because the feds are jacking interest rates up to curb some of this runaway inflation. :(

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Actually, the time to buy will be here before you know it with lower prices. People will start foreclosing because they bought out of their range and houses will s l o w l y start to be plentiful again. One drawback is, much higher mortgage rates because the feds are jacking interest rates up to curb some of this runaway inflation. :(

Yeah, right now it seems like credit don’t even matter. Folks are swooping in with cash. Loan don’t mean shit to people with cash in hand. And if the seller wants the bread, then I’m out of competition.

We’ll see…

But it’s definitely discouraging. Until shit changes, I’m going to pay my debt down.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
This depends on location. Places with long money like NY, California etc are not going to have these problems. Unlike 2008 you have to verify income. Like a deep dive. You not getting a large loan like before unless income can be verified. We had to come with mad proof of income when we purchased in fall of 2020 for our second property.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why do you think there will be foreclosures.

The last time that happened was because people were doing adjustable mortgages with ballon payment clauses.

That isn't happening anymore. The mortgage is fixed. So if the note is 1500/mo. They knew it going on and it aint gonna change.

Therefore they should be good with it.

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Sounds like a good place for people to move to and gentrify. Miami was 70% shit hole, now you cant find a strong hood almost anywhere
How’s Perrine, Richmond Heights, etc these days? What about Overtown, Liberty City etc?

Africanama

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I thought I would at some point move back to Jackson, MS and buy a home and be able to avoid this type of drama but looking at home prices out there its the same fucking story as everywhere else fucking businesses are buying up homes. What I want to know is what the fuck are the Democrats doing about it? When people say they want tangibles for the vote this falls under that.
Unless you want the US to go back to the gold standard, this will continue happen. Problem is that there’s so much money out there looking for any kind of return, there are not to many places to safety park the money, so many investors are looking at real estate as a safe place to park all that money.

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
I thought I would at some point move back to Jackson, MS and buy a home and be able to avoid this type of drama but looking at home prices out there its the same fucking story as everywhere else fucking businesses are buying up homes. What I want to know is what the fuck are the Democrats doing about it? When people say they want tangibles for the vote this falls under that.
You are kidding right? If I was looking for my first home, I would jump on this in a heart beat.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
How Sacramento and the Bay Area are becoming a mega-region

Working from home means you can change where home is. Massive migration in Northern California has impacted housing prices, politics and more in the Sacramento area.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
You are kidding right? If I was looking for my first home, I would jump on this in a heart beat.

I may be wrong but I think that’s the hood. Nothing a few ARs, cameras, moat, war dogs couldn’t fix.

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

That shit grills on the windows and doors. That should tell you enough

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
That shit grills on the windows and doors. That should tell you enough
Hey in nyc.. thats all you see on brownstones..
Exactly. It's all about perspective.

The financial part of me looks at it like this:

I buy this home. I go hard on the payments during the first two to three years to achieve at least 50% equity in the home. I then look for a $200K - $250K home. Sell your home, guaranteeing a net of at least $50K. Put down the $50K, which will be 25% to 20% of the total which enables you to forego PMI and now your mortgage is is close to the payment you were paying for the $100K home. Rinse and repeat in a few years with a $300K home. You could even consider keeping the $100K home and just leveraging the equity to buy the second home while renting the original home.

You have to think about the long game brother. The start will always be less than optimal. But, staying the course will yield positive results.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I buy this home. I go hard on the payments during the first two to three years to achieve at least 50% equity in the home. I then look for a $200K - $250K home. Sell your home, guaranteeing a net of at least $50K. Put down the $50K, which will be 25% to 20% of the total which enables you to forego PMI and now your mortgage is is close to the payment you were paying for the $100K home. Rinse and repeat in a few years with a $300K home. You could even consider keeping the $100K home and just leveraging the equity to buy the second home while renting the original home.

You have to think about the long game brother. The start will always be less than optimal. But, staying the course will yield positive results.

I feel what you are saying, you have to be able to see the big picture and not be stagnant..

but bruh thats a lot of paper signing bruh.. Id have to buy a signature stamp bruh.

I have to love the home I buy.. so If Im stuck with it, I wont have a problem with that..

Real Estate is a good place to store your cash...

Holy shit

You know what just hit me bruh... bruh

In order for blackstone to WIN with all the real estate they are

buying up at our expense..

they would NEED the dollar to damn near DIE... in

fact they are COUNTING ON IT...

BUUUUUUUUUT if that dollar stays strong too long,

And folks find peace and happiness where they are at

THEY ARE STUCKED AND FUCKED with over priced

property...

and I think they are fucked.. they based their moves

on the crazy amount of home searches folks do

on zillow.. but that was a misread..

most folks on zillow aint looking to buy, they just

like browsing through the homes and fantasizing...

and that was going on real strong during the pandemic

and everybody was getting that money and ppp loans...

so when they were DATA MINING us like they fucking

always do, they saw the search for homes on

the internet sky rocket, especially ZILLOW....

People for the most part aint stupid, they know

unless its a certain market thats poppin,

now is not the time to buy...

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I remember talking to a well respected CFP about this regarding homes in DC. I was like how are people able to buy a house that costs over 1 million...He simply said the above blue print....Rinse and repeat...Don't re-invent the wheel...

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Well I would have to be employed to in Jackson to take advantage of that for one. I'm not trying to pay rent or a mortgage for two places. Secondly I don't know if I would live in that zip code.