Slutty Vegan founder Pinky Cole gifts LLC to every Clark Atlanta University graduate

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
LLC aint shit without a business loan.

Not true.

I started my DJ business in 2013 with a $100 rane mixer and a $300 speaker/ stand package from Nady. The laptop, music library, and cables, all stuff I already owned, was worth about $1,000 at the most.

I am willing to bet that there are dozens, if not hundreds, of Clark Atlanta University graduates with a similar story. They figured out a lane to make a bit of money, but don't know how to legally protect it. For someone in that position this LLC is a golden!

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She works for herself, she employs other Black people, she doesn't work for corporate America where she would have to conform to their dress code....

And she just paid a bunch of young Black men and women to be able to do the same

c89ca577-da82-41f0-bd32-3332bc9de0bb_text.gif
THIS^^^

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mostly, nothing I would guess. It’s like putting the cart before horse.
Shit , my daughter was in that class. She's too busy trying to find a job to even have begun thinking about that yet. She has a few ideas though. I guess time will tell...
I rest my case why this was a bad idea. A better gift to college graduates to get them going in life would of been a suit of interview clothes, interview training, resume help, or at the minimum written them a reference. As I said before what some broke college grads gone do with a LLC?

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Shit , my daughter was in that class. She's too busy trying to find a job to even have begun thinking about that yet. She has a few ideas though. I guess time will tell...
I would advise her to go apply at the local school district for a teacher position to get some income coming in. 50-60k starting income with benefits is pretty dang good. Then figure out what she wants to do.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I wonder what the new college graduates did with their LLCs?
Just like college ain't for everyone, either is owning an LLC. I imagine a lot of these folks in student loan debt too. Last thing on their minds is probably funding a business. Internet got everyone thinking business is easy. :smh:

Shit, this might be a better gift for a high school graduating class before they are 50k in debt and can fund shit while living with their parents.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Just like college ain't for everyone, either is owning an LLC. I imagine a lot of these folks in student loan debt too. Last thing on their minds is probably funding a business. Internet got everyone thinking business is easy. :smh:

Shit, this might be a better gift for a high school graduating class before they are 50k in debt and can fund shit while living with their parents.

Very interesting point

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I rest my case why this was a bad idea. A better gift to college graduates to get them going in life would of been a suit of interview clothes, interview training, resume help, or at the minimum written them a reference. As I said before what some broke college grads gone do with a LLC?
She can write off some expenses under her LLC she can't write off on her personal taxes at the very least.

I'm specifically thinking about her job search expenses.

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
She can write off some expenses under her LLC she can't write off on her personal taxes at the very least.

I'm specifically thinking about her job search expenses.
If I'm a broke 22 year old college grad with no job how the fuck can I write anything off?

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
If I'm a broke 22 year old college grad with no job how the fuck can I write anything off?
Just because you can’t use a gift right away dosent mean it’s a bad gift.. maybe in a few yrs when finances are better and they dive deeper into the perks of having an llc than they can fully utilize it.. there’s plenty individuals that received something or learned something but at that certain time didn’t fully appreciate it but yrs later it came in handy and may change their path in life

xxxbishopxxx

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you are filing taxes for any reason, you can write off the losses. Paper, cell phone, gas mileage, car payments, anything used for the "business".

Similar to how billionaire corporations get refunds instead of owing because of all the stuff they can write off.

Last edited: