Side Hustle: The Education Edition - Morehouse School of Medicine - 2... 1yr grad programs

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Morehouse School of Medicine
Online Education and Expanded Programs

Executive Master of Public Health (eMPH)
  • 18 months
  • Up to 48 credit hours
  • Community health policy and leadership focus
  • Only one campus visit
Master of Science in Biotechnology*
  • 35 credit hours
  • Course work done 100% online
  • Apprenticeships done in convenient locations
  • World-renowned faculty and industry experts

Master of Science in Health Informatics (MSHI)

• 14 months- 35 credit hours
  • 8-week courses
  • Industry expert faculty
  • 100 percent online
  • Cohort format- start and finish together
Columbus Site Expanded Program
  • 3rd year M.D. clerkship
  • 1-3 week hospital and clinical rotations
  • Less than 2 hours from Atlanta

Making Medicines: The Process of Drug Development Certificate
  • Insights into the drug discovery and development process
  • 100% online certificate
  • Courses are available on demand. Start and finish at your convenience.
  • Receive 1 credit hour as a student.
Questions Regarding Online Education Degree Programs
You don’t have to wait until our monthly Information Sessions to get your questions answered relating to the eMPH, MSHI and MSBT programs. Join us twice a week to meet with an Online Education and Expanded Programs team member, who will be happy to address your concerns.
No need to RSVP, we look forward to meeting with you!
Dear Online Student!

Welcome to Morehouse School of Medicine. We are excited that you have chosen to further your education through our online learning program. We are committed to our mission by:

• Improving the health and well-being of individuals and communities
  • Increasing the diversity of the health professional and scientific workforce
  • Addressing primary health care through programs in education, research, and service
With emphasis on people of color and the underserved urban and rural populations in Georgia, the nation, and the world.

Furthermore, the Office of Online Education and Expanded Programs is charged with the leadership and coordination of MSM online education programs and courses by providing high-quality learning opportunities that leverage use of various technologies to ensure that students are: 1) prepared for current and emerging careers; 2) empowered to serve community stakeholders; and 3) aware of the factors that impact and promote health equity. The Office advances the MSM mission by extending learning opportunities to students without the restrictions of geographical location or time.

Please review our different program options, and we look forward to serving you through Online Education!

All the Best!

Dr. Angelita Howard
Assistant Dean for Online Education and Expanded Programs
Morehouse School of Medicine
ahoward@msm.edu

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Good information and all of these are areas where you can find good work.
The GPA for these programs has been lowered to 2.8

For the summer program all you need is ya unofficial transcripts & 2 letters of recommendation.

There is no application fee.

There is a lot of scholarship money on the table for these NEW programs.

Plus you have the prestige of having a degree from Morehouse School of Medicine.... that shit is like graduating from Harvard in atlanta.
You'll never have to worry about employment or starting a consulting business.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The GPA for these programs has been lowered to 2.8

For the summer program all you need is ya unofficial transcripts & 2 letters of recommendation.

There is no application fee.

There is a lot of scholarship money on the table for these NEW programs.

Plus you have the prestige of having a degree from Morehouse School of Medicine.... that shit is like graduating from Harvard in atlanta.
You'll never have to worry about employment or starting a consulting business.

I totally agree and the fact that the CDC is based in Atlanta, I can see this program being a feeder to the CDC. Alot of people don't realize that many people in the Public Health field are retiring and there are not enough people going into the field to replace them. Also, with how devastating this pandemic has been, more and more money/opportunities are being opened to people interested in going into Public Health and non clinical health care fields.

I tell people all the time, if you want a career where you can live comfortable and will always have a job, anything in the health field or that works side by side with the health field, you will always have work.

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I totally agree and the fact that the CDC is based in Atlanta, I can see this program being a feeder to the CDC. Alot of people don't realize that many people in the Public Health field are retiring and there are not enough people going into the field to replace them. Also, with how devastating this pandemic has been, more and more money/opportunities are being opened to people interested in going into Public Health and non clinical health care fields.

I tell people all the time, if you want a career where you can live comfortable and will always have a job, anything in the health field or that works side by side with the health field, you will always have work.
Fam..... its a program 1yr / 12 months or 1yr/ 14 months long... you do it from home / online.
They making the shit easy for you to get in, graduate, & get to the money.

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Aint no telling what type of side hustle shit you can do with this certification....

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Aint no telling what type of side hustle shit you can do with this certification....

Yo - I went and clicked on this just to see what it's all about and been trying to think of any kind of side hustle this would be applicable for.

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Yo - I went and clicked on this just to see what it's all about and been trying to think of any kind of side hustle this would be applicable for.
Dude... the shit cost $500.....
I'm taking it!!!!!
It's sponsored by Ely Lilly....
You can talk on YouTube & Instagram about the subject in a variety of ways.

It's free & included in the free summer Bridge program but you have to finish it prior to completing the summer program.

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Damn bro you be dropping some fucking jewels
I'm in a different space since my moms passed away & my family showed me how my friends are more family...

I'm on a come up mission.
I'm trying to help as many people as I can so I can be helped when I need to be helped.

If someone can't see how any of this shit can make a way for them or their children in the future.... something is wrong with them & they can't say nobody told them.

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
None of these summer programs have application fees & provide automatic acceptance into the graduate programs.

They are taking unofficial transcripts for the summer program as well.

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
They have companies lined up ready to provide scholarships & jobs upon graduation...

back in the day @ morris brown the education department had the city on lock... mufukkaz had jobs for the coming school year in January when the 2nd semester of their Sr year started.... the new president fucked up the pipeline. Then the whole school emploded because of her.

This shit is next level... its NEW for the school.... & they have some heavy hitters backing the program.

The 1st flock of mufukkaz that role up outta there with these degrees will be the industry leaders in the city, state, & surrounding states.

Morehouse is 1 of the 4 schools that matter most. It is also the candidate pool for perspective Boule members. The Boule headquarters is on Peachtree Street!

These men & women are the black people who look out for their (our) kind of people. ( it's a book title... )

Morehouse & Spelman is the mecca for the black power structure in this country & some others.

It's like going to school where skull & bones members are chosen & hazed in a private building on campus...

You can be picked.... the chances are slim.... if you come from nothing ... what do you do & what will you be doing & how could that thing & you be of use to us???? Cause we can help the hell outta you!

If not that.... you damn sure gonna know a few members but you not gonna ever know that they are members... coming from 1 of those 4 that matter most is what helps you... in all the ways you never imagined.

At the end of the day.... its a masters degree from a medical school... an historic black medical school...
How many get to hang that shit on the wall???

the network & network of bitches that come wit it as well.... maaaaan. Ijs.

Side bar
Fisk University's Library .... in the basement where everybody magically knows not to venture down those steps....

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Bruh, I got to thank you for the work you put in. You help BGOL bruhs come up. Much appreciated.
you gotta contribute to the universe as much as you take from it....

I got @ least 20tb's of music & movies from here directly or indirectly! :dunno: + somebody here looks out for me:dunno::beer: I appreciate it like a mufukka! So I just go hard @ what seems to work for me here. Nobody else was doing it the way Im doing it & these type of threads & the side-hustle threads are the only type of thread Ive ever created here that has been of any real value to others.....

all of the heavy posters found a lane & stuck with it. they like what they add... im the only one that enjoys being a troll tho...:lol::roflmao:

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I just found this....

Division of Pharmacy Professional Development
University of Wisconsin - Madison
School of Pharmacy

Principles of Solid Dosage Forms | May 11 - 15, 2020 | REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
This course covers fundamental concepts of solid dosage forms including issues related to manufacturing tablets & capsules.
Learn More and Register
Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics (PK-PD) | May 18 - 21, 2020 | REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Learn the fundamental concepts, terminology, theory, and practice of PK/PD and expand your DMPK vocabulary.
Learn More and Register
100% Online + Self-paced | Cardiovascular Physiology, Pharmacology and Safety: A Practical Review | Nov 14, 2019 - Nov 14, 2022 | REGISTRATION OPEN
Review cardiovascular processes and how they may be impacted through pharmacological strategies for correction or management of cardiovascular diseases.
Learn More and Register
100% Online + Self-paced | "What's Going on in my Brain?" CNS Pharmacology Targets, Drug Abuse Liabilities and More | Dec 18, 2019 - Dec 18, 2022 | REGISTRATION OPEN
This blended course provides an intensive overview of the Nervous System physiology, pharmacology, central and peripheral nervous system (CNS and PNS respectively) disorders, and safety assessment.
Learn More and Register
100% Online + Self-paced | An Introduction to the Drug Development Process: Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls | Jan 15, 2020 - Dec 30, 2022 | REGISTRATION OPEN
You will learn strategies for all stages of the drug development funnel from lead selection through post-market activities.
Learn More and Register
100% Online + Self-paced | Drug Candidate Selection: Physiochemical Characterization, Solubilization, and Solid Form Screening | February 1, 2019 - February 1, 2022 | REGISTRATION OPEN
Drug Candidate Selection provides practical application strategies for lead optimization and selection.
Learn More and Register
100% Online + Self-paced | Practical Strategies for Developing Oral Drug Formulations: Preclinical and Phase 1 | February 1, 2019 - February 1, 2022 | REGISTRATION OPEN
Learn how to effectively and efficiently complete this critical aspect of the drug development process.
Learn More and Register

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
I just found this....

Division of Pharmacy Professional Development
University of Wisconsin - Madison
School of Pharmacy

Principles of Solid Dosage Forms | May 11 - 15, 2020 | REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
This course covers fundamental concepts of solid dosage forms including issues related to manufacturing tablets & capsules.
Learn More and Register
Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics (PK-PD) | May 18 - 21, 2020 | REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Learn the fundamental concepts, terminology, theory, and practice of PK/PD and expand your DMPK vocabulary.
Learn More and Register
100% Online + Self-paced | Cardiovascular Physiology, Pharmacology and Safety: A Practical Review | Nov 14, 2019 - Nov 14, 2022 | REGISTRATION OPEN
Review cardiovascular processes and how they may be impacted through pharmacological strategies for correction or management of cardiovascular diseases.
Learn More and Register
100% Online + Self-paced | "What's Going on in my Brain?" CNS Pharmacology Targets, Drug Abuse Liabilities and More | Dec 18, 2019 - Dec 18, 2022 | REGISTRATION OPEN
This blended course provides an intensive overview of the Nervous System physiology, pharmacology, central and peripheral nervous system (CNS and PNS respectively) disorders, and safety assessment.
Learn More and Register
100% Online + Self-paced | An Introduction to the Drug Development Process: Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls | Jan 15, 2020 - Dec 30, 2022 | REGISTRATION OPEN
You will learn strategies for all stages of the drug development funnel from lead selection through post-market activities.
Learn More and Register
100% Online + Self-paced | Drug Candidate Selection: Physiochemical Characterization, Solubilization, and Solid Form Screening | February 1, 2019 - February 1, 2022 | REGISTRATION OPEN
Drug Candidate Selection provides practical application strategies for lead optimization and selection.
Learn More and Register
100% Online + Self-paced | Practical Strategies for Developing Oral Drug Formulations: Preclinical and Phase 1 | February 1, 2019 - February 1, 2022 | REGISTRATION OPEN
Learn how to effectively and efficiently complete this critical aspect of the drug development process.
Learn More and Register
Damn! Right in my backyard...as though that distance mattered. I didn't know that UW was offering this, though I wasn't looking for myself.

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Damn! Right in my backyard...as though that distance mattered. I didn't know that UW was offering this, though I wasn't looking for myself.
you could spend the money on those certs & get a damn job....
spend $1000.... maybe $2,000 (stimulus money) & do something..... what I dnt know..... but you would be in a better position than the next guy without the degree....

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
you could spend the money on those certs & get a damn job....
spend $1000.... maybe $2,000 (stimulus money) & do something..... what I dnt know..... but you would be in a better position than the next guy without the degree....
My daughter and one of my son's baby mama are both in Respiratory Therapist programs. These are things that THEY could benefit from.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My daughter and one of my son's baby mama are both in Respiratory Therapist programs. These are things that THEY could benefit from.

Yeah man glad to hear that because RT is one of those slept on careers you can go to a community college and come out making BANK!! If I was speaking to someone who wanted to go to a community college to get a degree in the health field, I would tell them RT and Sonography. Both are hard, but only take a few years to complete and you can make some serious money....I know people in both and they make their own schedules and make some serious money....

I would also add, if you want to eventually take it to the next level, do PA....The clinical work as a RT would meet the requirements for a Physician Assistant program and then you talking about doing 6 figures easily...

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
These men & women are the black people who look out for their (our) kind of people. ( it's a book title... )

Morehouse & Spelman is the mecca for the black power structure in this country & some others.
He passed away about two weeks ago. I meant to post his obituary but forgot.

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Lawrence Otis Graham, the author of Our Kind of People. He's also the Ivy League attorney who went undercover as a waiter in exclusive country club.

oooh ok... thats what I was thinking.

Good book to read. When & If anyone is ever told to read it..... you should. They want you to start to learn the way to go!

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP

is it a good read?
I only read Our Kind of People. It chronicled the black upper-class. Some people thought it was bougie but It taught me a lot I never knew about. I'm not trying to be corny but I really didn't know a lot of this shit. I grew up east side Detroit and I thought the world was like that. There was section section on the Jack & Jills, something I never heard of until this book. A section on Howard and Morehouse Universities. A couple of sections dedicated to the upper class of several cities, including my beloved Detroit. He talked about Idlewood, Michigan which was the midwestern resort area for black people. I guess it was like the Catskill in New York. I never heard of it. Finally there was a section about people who decided to pass for white, didn't pass judgement, just mentioned the people of the upper class had done it.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
I only read Our Kind of People. It chronicled the black upper-class. Some people thought it was bougie but It taught me a lot I never knew about. I'm not trying to be corny but I really didn't know a lot of this shit. I grew up east side Detroit and I thought the world was like that. There was section section on the Jack & Jills, something I never heard of until this book. A section on Howard and Morehouse Universities. A couple of sections dedicated to the upper class of several cities, including my beloved Detroit. He talked about Idlewood, Michigan which was the midwestern resort area for black people. I guess it was like the Catskill in New York. I never heard of it. Finally there was a section about people who decided to pass for white, didn't pass judgement, just mentioned the people of the upper class had done it.
Yeah, it was a real glimpse into the world of the Boule types and how they operated. It sort of tied all of the shit I'd read in Jet magazines together among other things. I also bought The Senator and the Socialite after Our Kind of People.

I bought my wife a book about the Alphas that was along those lines in an effort to get her to read more than gossip and Soap Opera magazines.
It was sort of like a companion book to his that gave the female's accounts of paper bag tests to enter Sororities and shit like that, to network and marry into that crowd. I read a couple of chapters of it and my wife used it as a dust collector.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I really didn't know much about that world. I think I read it about 25 years. I was just starting to be introduced to that world through a girl I was seeing when I moved away from Detroit.

I didn't know about the Senator and the Socialite. I'm not familiar with the story. I knew of Hiram Revels but I never heard of this guy.