"SCREW 'EM": Michigan Man TAUNTS Neighbors With CONFEDERATE FLAG and NOOSES Outside H

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
"SCREW 'EM": Michigan Man TAUNTS Neighbors With CONFEDERATE FLAG and NOOSES Outside Home!!

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vvOxe_EUEss" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Michigan tree trimmer and one of his employees set up a display featuring a Confederate flag and a pair of nooses – and they don’t care about neighbor complaints.

Neighbors complained about the display outside Robert Tomanovich’s home in Livonia, where he hung a noose from a tree and a Confederate flag, printed with the slogan “I ain’t coming down,” on a fence, reported WXYZ-TV.

After the complaints, a second noose was hung from a tree outside a second home Tomanovich owns down the street and used for his business, Robert’s Discount Tree Service.

“It’s a tree that is easily climbable,” said neighbor Nicole Behrendt. “Any kid could climb the tree and hang himself.”

Tomanovich fled inside his home when a WXYZ-TV reporter asked him for comment, but one of his employees admitted to hanging the second noose in response to the neighbor complaints.

“I love it,” said the employee, who displayed a Confederate flag license plate on his work pickup truck. “Screw ‘em.”

The employee, who declined to give his name, said he and his boss would not take down the flag or nooses.

“Hell, no,” he said. “We’re going to put up more.”

Tomanovich’s wife, Lindy, said the display was not intended to be racist.

“Robert has a friend that died in that way (hanging himself), and that’s in memory of his friend,” she said.

She claimed her husband’s family is from the south and they simply like the way the Confederate flag looks.

“Maybe they got too much time on their hands,” Lindy Tomanovich said about her meighbors. “There’s no crime in hanging a noose.”

Police said the display did not likely break any laws since it does not appear the display was intended to target anyone in particular, but they hope to mediate the dispute between the homeowners and their neighbors.

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Re: "SCREW 'EM": Michigan Man TAUNTS Neighbors With CONFEDERATE FLAG and NOOSES Outsi

Simple minded people trying feel powerful.

They don't have anything else in their lives, so they act out like kids to get attention and feel "powerful"

Cowards.....

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Re: "SCREW 'EM": Michigan Man TAUNTS Neighbors With CONFEDERATE FLAG and NOOSES Outsi

Simple minded people trying feel powerful.

They don't have anything else in their lives, so they act out like kids to get attention and feel "powerful"

Cowards.....

Basically. Another three time loser, honkey that can't stomach the idea that all of his failures belong to the man in the mirror.

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator

‘I am not a racist’: Michigan business owner defends hanging nooses and Confederate flags outside his properties (VIDEO)

A suburban Detroit business owner who had Confederate flags and nooses hanging outside two of his properties — drawing disgust from neighbors — insists that anyone who sees his actions as racist is “stupid.”

“I am not a racist,” Robert Tomanovich, owner of Robert’s Discount Tree Service in Livonia, Mich., told the Daily News Monday night.

“I know black guys, I have black friends. We’re all laughing at this stupidity. Do you know how many white guys were hung back in the day? This isn’t racist. But all of a sudden it’s out of control.”

Tomanovich made local headlines when WXYZ reported last Friday that Confederate flags and a noose were hanging outside two of his properties, one of which he uses for his tree-cutting business. The noose hung from a tree small enough for a child to scale.

PreviousNextRobert Tomanovich, a Livonia man, has confederate flags and nooses hanging outside his properties, confusing and angering neighbors. Robert Tomanovich, a Livonia man, has confederate flags and nooses hanging outside his properties, confusing and angering neighbors. Enlarge

WXYZ-TV
nooses21n-3-web.jpg
nooses21n-4-web.jpg

Tomanovich says the noose hanging in front of Confederate flags on his property is a tribute to a friend who hung himself.

"One hundred fifty years after Abraham Lincoln's death, we are still going through this kind of atrocities. A hangman's noose and a Confederate flag?" neighbor Mary Greer said to WXYZ.

Once several neighbors shared their dismay at the decorations, a second noose went up, the station reported. One of Tomanovich’s employees, who wasn’t named, took credit for that one. When asked about the neighbors, the employee said, “Screw ‘em . . . We're gonna put more up.”

Speaking with The News, Tomanovich said the decorations had already been up for years and insisted the nooses have no connection to the racist history of the Confederacy.

PreviousNextDetroit business owner Robert Tomanovich who had Confederate flags and nooses hanging outside two of his properties, drawing disgust from neighbords, insists that anyone who sees his actions as racist is “stupid.” Detroit business owner Robert Tomanovich who had Confederate flags and nooses hanging outside two of his properties, drawing disgust from neighbords, insists that anyone who sees his actions as racist is “stupid.” (pictured Robert and Lindy Tomanovich) Enlarge

FACEBOOK
article-nooses2-0421.jpg

Tomanovich insists that he isn't racist.

“A buddy of mine hung himself, and that’s the noose he hung himself with,” he said, not specifying which noose he meant. “It’s just for him.”

As for the Confederate flags, Tomanovich, who says he’s 55, gave contradictory statements about his background and possible connections to the South.

He initially said he put up the flags because he was from “the South,” but then said he was from the Detroit area, then said again he hailed from the South and hung up the phone when asked to specify where.

Do you know how many white guys were hung back in the day? This isn’t racist.
In another phone interview, Tomanovich claimed he spent the first 30 years of his life in Pineville, Ky., shortly after saying he had run his Michigan business for 37 years.

“I like the Confederate flag, I like the colors,” he said in conclusion.

Tomanovich also said he has at least one black employee, and he claims WXYZ filmed this man but did not include him in its report. A WXYZ manager could not confirm or deny that claim and the reporter did not immediately comment to The News.

WXYZ-TV
nooses21n-2-web.jpg

Robert Tomanovich hung the controversial decorations outside two of his properties, one of which he uses for his business, Robert's Discount Tree Service.
The station noted that Tomanovich walked away from the reporter during an interview attempt.

“I left because I had two women in my house naked and I didn’t want them to see them,” Tomanovich told The News. “One of them was running around the house naked.”

Tomanovich said he has now taken down the nooses and flags, but offered no apologies to anyone offended.

“I don’t need to defend this to nobody. My business is doing very well,” he said. “I only want this story to get bigger. I want people to know I’m not a racist.”

Follow @jaysunsilver