Sadie Roberts-Joseph Founder of African American museum found dead in trunk of car

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sad. Seems like a nice place she was trying to build. Maybe this will shed light on the place and get funding for it.

This isn’t the African American museum that’s already built in dc? I know a few people that checked it out.

Last edited:

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
EOSBMGTSSBC73KCZ7Y47I2REAY.jpg

Baton Rouge police are investigating the death of African American museum founder Sadie Roberts Joseph, whose body was found in a trunk of a car.

By Samantha Morgan | July 13, 2019 at 6:41 AM CDT - Updated July 13 at 9:22 AM
BATON ROUGE, La. (WAFB) - An icon of the Baton Rouge community was found dead in the trunk of a car Friday afternoon. The cause of her death is unknown as this time.

According to officials with the Baton Rouge Police Department, Sadie Roberts-Joseph, 75, was found at roughly 3:45 p.m. on Friday, July 12. Joseph is the founder of non-profit Odell S. Williams Now & Then Museum of African American History.

The car was found in the 2300 block of North 20th Street, which is located off I-110 near Choctaw.

Officials did not say how she was discovered.

Joseph’s home is located on Kaufman Street, which is roughly 3.5 miles from where her body was found.

The East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner’s Office will conduct an autopsy to determine the exact cause of death.

If you know anything about this case, contact Crime Stoppers at (225) 344-7867 (STOP).

https://www.wafb.com/2019/07/13/year-old-woman-found-dead-trunk-car/
:eek2::eek2::eek2:

OMG! This is fucked up!:smh:

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
So sad..its like her life dont mean anything..they (killer) toss her in the trunk and forgot about her.

R.i.p. beloved
"According to officials with the Baton Rouge Police Department, Sadie Roberts-Joseph, 75, was found at roughly 3:45 p.m. on Friday, July 12. Joseph is the founder of non-profit Odell S. Williams Now & Then Museum of African American History. The car was found in the 2300 block of North 20th Street, which is located off I-110 near Choctaw. Officials did not say how she was discovered."​

HuffPo quoted her brother saying he saw her Friday so she was discovered the day she was killed.

"Officials did not say how she was discovered."-- We're missing very important context. Just gotta wait.

RIP

nate1477

Rising Star
Registered
This tragedy touches on a harsh reality. We (black people) don't own and control anything of consequence: police, legislature, banking, law enforcement, court system, housing, medical care, etc. We can only wait for white people to tell us what they are going to do about this...if anything. Further, once they give us their decision, that's the end of it. RIP.

Diomedes3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
People keep saying be safe out here but we won't work together to tighten up our neighborhoods. Someone saw something. When we going to start bodying cacs just because. Didn't Alton Sterling get assassinated by those two pigs in the same area? We have to be proactive. Guns clubs etc... Stop leaving our women and children to fend for themselves. I see why the feminist be bad mouthing black men(we forgot how to fight). Back in the day we were more on point. Now we focused on illegal immigrant children :smh: