RIP to Keith Wilder, co founder of Heatwave.

Who_I_AM

BGOL Original Veteran /C.S.I.
BGOL Investor
I just got off the phone with the family. Keith passed away this morning. Not only was he a great friend, but I was fortunate enough to play bass for this man. Heatwave gave us a GREAT music, and he will be missed. I can still hear him telling me, "Wood, you sound just like the record!" I'm glad I always told him and his family that I loved them. This shit hurts.

Sorry for your loss... remember the times... respect

woodchuck

A crowd pleasing man.
OG Investor
This family is steeped in musical history. Not only did their dad start Heatwave, but their grandfather was Lord Woodbine. Look him up. The story will make you :eek2::angry: at the same time.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I just got off the phone with the family. Keith passed away this morning. Not only was he a great friend, but I was fortunate enough to play bass for this man. Heatwave gave us a GREAT music, and he will be missed. I can still hear him telling me, "Wood, you sound just like the record!" I'm glad I always told him and his family that I loved them. This shit hurts.

I'm sorry to hear this. Condolences to you and his family.

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor

Damn bro I'm sorry to hear this! So weird, two hours ago Grooveline was playing and I was thinking about this group and the tragedy that has hit it as well as how they managed to crank out hits without having recognizable celebrities in the front.

RIP to Keith and peace to you and his family.

CoTtOnMoUf

DUMBED DOWN TO BLEND IN
BGOL Legend
I remember when the album, Too Hot to Handle dropped and hit the air waves!

That shit completely changed the music game entirely!

That sound was raw dog talent that was way ahead of their time!

Still, one of my best top ten music groups, ever!

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Sorry for your loss Uncle Chuck.

As time rolls on I'm learning to appreciate GOOD friends more and more

melonpecan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:(
No more please.

My condolences...

You know when I was about...6 maybe, whenever "Always and Forever" came on the radio I just thought it was the best love song. It was full, and touching, and I knew every word, and I tried to sound just like that radio...I remember my cousin looking at me like I'm crazy talking about why I like old people music...I was born in 84...I really hope this music continues to make feels and inspire more generations...

Lick

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
99f620969e89cc3843e1ed6a5bfdefdd.gif
C/S

Al Smith

Rogue Mod
OG Investor
Damn.. I met him when I was working at the Omni Hotel on the Detroit riverfront... He was performing at Chene park, but I didn't get a chance to see the show.. we did chop it up though.. He was a cool cat...

Dannyblueyes

Aka Illegal Danny
BGOL Investor
Damn Woodchuck, between Heatwave, Jamiroquai and others you've had it BAD this year. It's like 2017 is your own personal 2016,

I just played "Groove Line" at a private party on Saturday night so an RIP is certainly in order.

I'm sorry for your loss and hope next year is a lot kinder.

dawilleyone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP, we don't have talent like that anymore. ?love dropped a huge ass tribute to him and the whole band in his IG account today. Good read.