RIP Paula Kelly

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP Paula Kelly aka Leggy Peggy

I didn't watch Night Court or Brewster Place. But I did see her in Uptown Saturday Night.

Been a long time since I saw it but other than Richard Pryor or Sidney Poitier, I strickley remember Leggy Peggy, Paula was great in that role.

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
tumblr_ox9gs04Xzq1uycliro1_500.jpg

BlackRob

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

"Happy (Belated) Birthday to Paula Kelly. I wanted to get this video posted a couple days ago in celebration of Paula Kelly's birthday, but had internet issues. Shared for historical purposes. I do not own the rights."

Again, I encourage everyone to purchase the Black Omnibus Complete 13 episode series before it goes out of print. Black Omnibus by Amazon.com https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OZOIL9Y/...

Paula Kelly (born October 21, 1943) is a dancer, singer, and actress in films, television and theatre. Kelly made her Broadway debut as Mrs. Veloz in the 1964 musical Something More!, sharing the stage with Barbara Cook. Her other Broadway credits include The Dozens (1969), Paul Sills' Story Theatre (1971), Ovid's Metamorphoses (1971), and Duke Ellington's Sophisticated Ladies (1981) with Gregory Hines and Phyllis Hyman. - wikipedia

Shahid Mumia 3 months ago

So beautiful to see the black sister in her purest form.. No weave, no makeup, simply astounding. Ain't nothing like the reel thing baby

Roger Winters 3 months ago

Ms Kelly is everything, soulful hot classy talented beautiful sexy and a wonderful actress, much love Ms Kelly, I see you.

ShyeNYC 3 months ago (edited)

Endless thanks for uploading this. Paula Kelly's name/picture should be beside the word unsung. Her name is never mentioned among the great African-Americans pioneers of the arts! She has conquered so many genres of entertainment. I admit I had never heard of her until she appeared on Sanford & Son lol but even in that hilarious Afrocentric episode, she was captivating!

Madison ave 2 months ago

I’m such a Paula kelly fan! She is so underrated and her talent was so infectious! A true artist.

Lilli L'amour 49 minutes ago

RIP PAULA KELLY

Beijaxol 6 hours ago

R.I.P. Paula Kelly!

naturallyme14 7 hours ago

May she R.I.P

Last edited: