RIP Laylaw

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
Wow... I went to elementary school with him (Larry Goodman) in South Central LA. He was one year older than I was. I was in the same class as his brother "Amp" (Anthony Goodman). Amp was slangin'... he had a cold blooded 500 SEC back then... that shit was like a silvery blue... just bananas back then in the early 90s.

My younger cousins went to school with the younger brother "Go Mack." Go Mack was a member of "Above the Law" back in the day. I still bump "Black Superman."

Law actually produce Michelle's "Something in my Heart." I was with my cousin one night and we went to Hollywood to meet up with Law at some studio on Melrose. I met Def Jeff that night too. Jeff was working on Shaq's first album. He let us hear "You Know I Got Skills". Anyway I remember Law said, "They didn't want to use me on Michelle's second album." They didn't want to pay him. He was like, "Fuck'em. See if her ass can produce another hit that can surpass Something in My Heart without me on it."

He got the name LayLaw because he used to drive a school bus (part time) that had "Laid Law" on the side of it. So the homies in the hood used to call him "Lay Law" to clown him. But it was a wrap when he started producing.

R.I.P. Brother.

Backshot Bully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wow... I went to elementary school with him (Larry Goodman) in South Central LA. He was one year older than I was. I was in the same class as his brother "Amp" (Anthony Goodman). Amp was slangin'... he had a cold blooded 500 SEC back then... that shit was like a silvery blue... just bananas back then in the early 90s.

My younger cousins went to school with the younger brother "Go Mack." Go Mack was a member of "Above the Law" back in the day. I still bump "Black Superman."

Law actually produce Michelle's "Something in my Heart." I was with my cousin one night and we went to Hollywood to meet up with Law at some studio on Melrose. I met Def Jeff that night too. Jeff was working on Shaq's first album. He let us hear "You Know I Got Skills". Anyway I remember Law said, "They didn't want to use me on Michelle's second album." They didn't want to pay him. He was like, "Fuck'em. See if her ass can produce another hit that can surpass Something in My Heart without me on it."

He got the name LayLaw because he used to drive a school bus (part time) that had "Laid Law" on the side of it. So the homies in the hood used to call him "Lay Law" to clown him. But it was a wrap when he started producing.

R.I.P. Brother.
cool story

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Retlaw cousin on his mommas side!!

Peace to LayLaw and them brother’s definitely and intricate part of my childhood!!

Peace
Winner Winner chicken dinner!
Great-Gatsby-20131.jpg

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
Loved that first Above the Law album, we rocked that album heavy over here back then.
Music has just lost one of its very best. A vet in the game, a perfectionist and an architect of the westcoastsound. Legacy lives on forever.
Peaceful Journey LayLaw
99f620969e89cc3843e1ed6a5bfdefdd.gif

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

R.I.P. Brother.

Thanks for sharing.