REST IN PEACE - Afeni Shakur

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Mother and son reunited after 20 years. Condolences to the family.

2A8748CF00000578-3161368-image-a-19_1436905417078.jpg

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Wow sorry to hear this. RIP.

Smh...2016... Year of the grim reaper. 2016 has been snatching ppl left and right. I'm really ready for 2017 now. :(

Mentor B

"All literature is protest."
Registered

Rel

BLK STAR & BLACK BUSINESS OWNER
Registered
Rest in peace to the beloved Afeni Shakur and stay strong Assata Shakur

"Hold ya Head"

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
This is all suspect to me. Dr Francess Cress Welsing, Prince and now Afeni Shakur die within months of each other. What they all had in common was they had black consciousness about them. They could gather a large following. That's why you gotta be careful who you surround yourself with and where you eat. White supremacist will poison you and then come up with some BS reason how you died.

dHustla

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn :crying:

I need to buy & listen to 2Pac's discography.. in order.

I would also like to get the Afeni Shakur biography by Jasmine Guy, and any other works on Afeni

We gotta keep fighting! In today's world we gotta be guerilla with our minds & our money!

Hit em in the pocket or hit em in the mouth - D-town rep

theteacher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
KRS 1 has a short clip where he is asking "where are those old KKK robes?" we know they didn't just throw them away. You/we saw what happened to the Black Panther members; shot/murdered, jailed, etc. but where are those robes? Meaning, where did those KKK member go? They ran into positions of power. politicians, law enforcement, etc. Now Blacks were the victims of drugs and (still is) police brutality.

In 'Dear Mama', Pac refers to Afeni as a crack fiend. But you think back at the shit she had to endure. Being apart of the Black Panthers, fighting for what she and others believed in, being jailed, and having her son in prison. This is then, and with a name like Afeni Shakur, can you really bounce back? Can you really get a regular job and live a regular life? Even though she was able to endure all of this and become successful, how much of that success was attributed because of Pac. What if she DO NOT HAVE a tupac as a son. Then what? Would we be saying "RIP" to her? This government is dirty.

I am not saying they killed her, but they make sure, if they put you down, you stay down.

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wow sorry to hear this. RIP.

Smh...2016... Year of the grim reaper. 2016 has been snatching ppl left and right. I'm really ready for 2017 now. :(
Every year people will die and every year famous people will also die. It was just those people who died time to go.

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
KRS 1 has a short clip where he is asking "where are those old KKK robes?" we know they didn't just throw them away. You/we saw what happened to the Black Panther members; shot/murdered, jailed, etc. but where are those robes? Meaning, where did those KKK member go? They ran into positions of power. politicians, law enforcement, etc. Now Blacks were the victims of drugs and (still is) police brutality.

In 'Dear Mama', Pac refers to Afeni as a crack fiend. But you think back at the shit she had to endure. Being apart of the Black Panthers, fighting for what she and others believed in, being jailed, and having her son in prison. This is then, and with a name like Afeni Shakur, can you really bounce back? Can you really get a regular job and live a regular life? Even though she was able to endure all of this and become successful, how much of that success was attributed because of Pac. What if she DO NOT HAVE a tupac as a son. Then what? Would we be saying "RIP" to her? This government is dirty.

I am not saying they killed her, but they make sure, if they put you down, you stay down.
I'm pretty sure we wouldn't even know who she was if tupac wasn't her son. She was apart of the black panthers but she wasn't any one of the popular ones. But she was a good woman though for being a single mother and being there for tupac.

theteacher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm pretty sure we wouldn't even know who she was if tupac wasn't her son. She was apart of the black panthers but she wasn't any one of the popular ones. But she was a good woman though for being a single mother and being there for tupac.
Yeah. She was apart of a movement that doesn't get ANY press or recognition for what they started. Which was a breakfast/lunch program for kids. Then it evolved to something BIGGER.

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah. She was apart of a movement that doesn't get ANY press or recognition for what they started. Which was a breakfast/lunch program for kids. Then it evolved to something BIGGER.
Yep but she eventually apparently let go of her conscious mindset since she married a religious pastor.

theteacher

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yep but she eventually apparently let go of her conscious mindset since she married a religious pastor.
Can you blame her? The government done chewed them up and spit them out. Then your own people who you FOUGHT for, looks at you as a menace. Peace to her. RIP. Along with all the former members.

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Can you blame her? The government done chewed them up and spit them out. Then your own people who you FOUGHT for, looks at you as a menace. Peace to her. RIP. Along with all the former members.
she didn't have that problem since she was living good. Making $20k a month. She didn't need anyone to like her or need anyone's acceptance.