Rest In Peace Clarence Avant, "The Black Godfather"

Lexx Diamond

Art Lover ❤️ Sex Addict®™
Staff member
Rest In Peace Clarence Avant, "The Black Godfather". Born: 1931, Climax, NC. Died: August 13, 2023
CLARENCE-AVANT-PHOTO.jpg

TEN

Tensei - Admin
Staff member
Aah man! We lost Clarence Avant, the r&b godfather,
brought us jam & Lewis, sos band, cherelle & Alexander oneal
..list is endless! Brother was the music mentor to so many essential cats!
Long Live Tabu Records.
PEACEFUL JOURNEY CLARENCE AVANT
"THE EARTH HAS MUSIC FOR THOSE WHO LISTEN"

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man R.I.P to the legendary Elder
Only found out about him a few years ago through that Netflix documentary
Major Power broker behind the scenes who avoided the spotlight.
His last couple of years were rough...losing his wife in such a brutal way.
Glad that he can have finally have some peace in the ancestral realm

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Wowwww a big name and a MAJOR loss here. Clarence Avant was one of the greatest and most important names in the history of American music and to us as Black people. So sorry to hear of his passing. Wishing Baba good rest.

mailboxpimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
RIP

For those that don't know him, I didn't either until a few years back saw a documentary about him. Dude is one of the background influential peeps who put people together and make a lot happen. Very well known in the music industry.

The one I saw had him in many interviews. I'm sure in his passing a lot more wills come out about how many lives or careers he's made.

Similar to Charlie Mac, if you've heard of him, but on a much larger scale.

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP to him....he's was what a lot of people wish they were and whatever it is that he had just can't be brought,learned nor passed down.Just imagine the shit he saw,knew and dealt with from the civil rights era too dealing with every Gangster/group out there which he touched on in his doc.He was a special man.

Hey Julian!

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP, I could see based on his documentary, that he probably wasn't going to stick around too long after his wife got killed. Older couples keep each other going for real. Ain't shit wake up and live for in retired unless you got someone/thing to wake up for. It's pretty common for someone to pass soon after their wive/husband dies. Sad he had to experience that shit. I hope those fuckers get tortured in prision.