Random Thoughts 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

GentlemanPlayer

Worldwide from Baltimore
OG Investor
Another legendary balladeer has passed on. Rest in peace.

CNN -- R&B legend Teddy Pendergrass died Wednesday evening, his former publicist said. He was 59.

Pendergrass, known for smash love ballads such as "Turn Off the Lights" and "Love TKO," died after a long illness, according to Lisa Barbaris, who described herself as a close friend and his last publicist.

He died at a hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, where he was born.

His family did not reveal details about his illness, but said it was related to complications from a 1982 car accident, Barbaris said.

"His beloved family surrounded him. The world has lost one of its greatest voices and performers," a statement from Barbaris said.

"His family is devastated. He has three children and, even though it was expected, it still hurts," she said.

The crooner, who many affectionately knew as just "Teddy," started in music with a group called the Cadillacs in the late 1960s and was still with the group when it merged with Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes, according to his official Web site.

He started as a drummer, but soon began to sing lead after the group heard his powerful voice.

In 1972, Pendergrass's baritone could be heard on the classic Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes song "If You Don't Know Me by Now."

The song became a No. 1 hit across the country and led Pendergrass to many other hits and accolades.

After going solo, Pendergrass received several Grammy nominations, Billboard's 1977 Pop Album New Artist Award and an American Music Award for best R&B performer of 1978, Barbaris said.

In 1982, Pendergrass was involved in a car accident that left him paralyzed. But Pendergrass returned to the studio in 1984 in his wheelchair to record an album.

Before his death, Pendergrass was working on a musical documenting his life, called "I Am Who I Am."

GentlemanPlayer

Worldwide from Baltimore
OG Investor
Been working my ass off up here in Ottawa so I can spend Friday walking around and taking some photos. It gets dark up here early. At 5pm, it's already dark. I may be taking a photo of the Peace Tower at night.

Not happy that Clemson defeted the Tar Heels. But they had lost ten straight to UNC, so they we due.

CT's Finest

Tar Heels/Lakers/Giants
Registered
Been working my ass off up here in Ottawa so I can spend Friday walking around and taking some photos. It gets dark up here early. At 5pm, it's already dark. I may be taking a photo of the Peace Tower at night.

Not happy that Clemson defeted the Tar Heels. But they had lost ten straight to UNC, so they we due.

Yeah, I guess they were due, but it's still not a good thing to see. we played like shit most of that game. That's the worst part about it. It would not have been as bad if we came to play, but simply lost because they were a little better and/or were due a win against us, but for the most part the Heels played like hot garbage. Dexter Strickland, and even Leslie McDonald were really the only ones who were ready to ball. Shit, the freshmen as a whole looked better than the vets. I hope we at least show up from now on. I want to win as many games as possible this season, but if we do take a couple more L's at least let them be because the other team was just a little better, lucky, etc. We can't come out there like that anymore. One more thing, GP, is it me or has Trevor Booker been at Clemson for like 6 years? :dunno::lol::dunno: Seriously, I swear I though he was a senior last year...

On another note...

Rest In Peace Teddy P!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8458477.stm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34854358/?gt1=43001

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/Music/01/14/teddy.pendergrass.obit/index.html

JofromthaNO

Urban Renaissance Woman
BGOL Investor
This time tomorrow, I'll be chilling in Vegas...

Donating to Haiti is a good thing, but, I don't feel like my monetary donation is enough...is there more I could be doing?!? Canned food drive? Clothing drive?!?

GentlemanPlayer

Worldwide from Baltimore
OG Investor
101_1013.jpg

I got done early today and took advantage of the daylight. I'll make a new thread and post the rest.

One of the SOLers know what that building is, aside from me.

Cleopatra_J

I am the Ideal
BGOL Investor
I took a sick day from work today ...

I think I used my bullet about 8 times between last night and today ...

I'm happy for next week ..

Positive thinking only

Chicutie

~Brown Suga~
BGOL Investor
Why can't the bank be open just a little longer?

I work till 5. . I can never make it there before they close!!!!

CT's Finest

Tar Heels/Lakers/Giants
Registered
TEDDY P!!!

t1larg.teddy.pendergrass.gi.jpg

Track List:

1. Come Go With Me – Teddy Pendergrass
2. Close The Door – Teddy Pendergrass
3. Somebody Told Me – Teddy Pendergrass
4. I’ll Never See Heaven Again – Teddy Pendergrass
5. If You Don’t Know Me By Now – Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes
6. When Somebody Loves You Back – Teddy Pendergrass