**********R.I.P. Ronnie Wilson of the Gap Band**********

roots69

Rising Star
Registered
R. I. P..

The sad part of this story is, alot of our people still dont understand the meaning of " YOU DROPPED A BOMB ON ME"!!!

BigATLslim

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man, may his wife, children find peace at this time.

Listen, I did a masterclass by just getting lifted and listening to Early in the Morning in the middle of this last Summer and I am telling you the record is a masterpiece.

That’s when I determined that funk is just a secular from of gospel. Charlie was preaching and his band was the choir and musicians…it almost made me shout and I ain’t been to church in over 2 decades.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member

RONNIE WILSONTHE GAP BAND FOUNDER DEAD AT 73

R&B legend Ronnie Wilson, a founding member of The Gap Band and "Uncle" Charlie Wilson's older brother, is dead ... TMZ has confirmed.

Ronnie's wife, Linda Boulware-Wilson, tells TMZ ... he died at 10:01 AM Tuesday at his home in Tulsa, OK. We're told he died peacefully and Linda was holding his hand as he took his last breath.

2b14d68246fc4d5397080d3e380c219f_md.jpg

Linda says Ronnie suffered a stroke last week, and it put him into a semi-coma and he never recovered. We're told he suffered several strokes throughout the years.

In a Facebook post, Linda remembered her late husband as a "genius with creating, producing and playing the flugelhorn, trumpet, keyboards and singing music."

Ronnie and his brothers, Charlie and Robert Wilson, formed The Gap Band back in the 1970s in Tulsa, OK ... and their music picked up the baton from huge acts like Stevie Wonder, George Clinton and Earth Wind & Fire.

The Gap Band was huge in the 1980s and they are most famous for their hit song, "You Dropped a Bomb on Me."

Ronnie was 73.

RIP
RIP Ronnie. Gone but not forgotten.

respiration

/ˌrespəˈrāSH(ə)n/
BGOL Patreon Investor
Rest in Peace to the Brotha Ronnie Wilson. A truly gifted musician now gone on to join his brother Robert.

Condolences to Charlie and the rest of his family and loved ones.

At times like this, I feel like a piece of my youth was snatched away. I loved the Gap Band's music.

This song featuring Ronnie and his trumpet is my favorite of theirs.