R.I.P. MF DOOM. He joined the ancestors on October 31st...

Race Harley

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I saw this shit last night was like, WTF?!? :eek2: Then, I was on the "Net earlier this morning to find out he passed two months ago! WTF?!? :eek:

R.I.P.

Last edited:

WorldEX

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
One of the best ever held the mic ever! I wonder why his family waited so long to announce his death? Maybe he even kept that rap career from them as a secret as well to protect his showbiz from them. Can you imagine if that was true? Getting ready to sort out family belongs and estate and come to find out your pop/husband/brother/friend was a real life superstar, that is some true superhero shit!
RIP MF Doom.

Old harbour

Potential Star
Registered
Found it somewhat peculiar that Doom, Slick Rick and 21 Savage all British born (but American raised) also had serious issues with their immigration status, facing, repatriation, (hate the word deportee), and Doom being the only one that was forced back to England. It was almost like they were being made examples of as rappers!

All the same rip to a great artist!

stizz3000

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
135465839_1603581809834138_5464187242345859015_o.jpg

prose00

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Found it somewhat peculiar that Doom, Slick Rick and 21 Savage all British born (but American raised) also had serious issues with their immigration status, facing, repatriation, (hate the word deportee), and Doom being the only one that was forced back to England. It was almost like they were being made examples of as rappers!

Wait I thought Doom lived in Atlanta..
when was he deported back to UK? If so, I'm assuming he died there too??

Old harbour

Potential Star
Registered
Wait I thought Doom lived in Atlanta..
when was he deported back to UK? If so, I'm assuming he died there too??

Less fortunate than Rick is MF Doom, another U.K. national by birth and New York resident. Having first come up via the Third Bass-affiliated and Long Island-based crew KMD, he reinvented himself in the image of a Marvel Comics supervillain and soon found a cult audience with his unique flow, inventive rhymes, and crafty beats. A few years after his critically acclaimed collaborations with producers Danger Mouse and Madlib, he attempted to return to the U.S.
after a 2010 European tour and was denied reentry. Doom had no choice but to relocate to London, where he continued to make music away from his American wife and family. By 2012, he seemed resigned to his fate, telling an interviewer that he was “done with the United States.” https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.vib...age-ice-detention-hip-hop-deportation-history

Dirtylakerie

Rising Star
Platinum Member

21 brought this up in his interview with T.I.. He said the immigration thing started to became a problem after 9/11. Saying something to the effect. The visa his mom had changed. That required everyone to have a social security number. And they(him, his mom and little brother) didn't have the money to file for or obtain citizenship.

They get to the citizenship part @ the 24 minute mark.

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
21 brought this up in his interview with T.I.. He said the immigration thing started to became a problem after 9/11. Saying something to the effect. The visa his mom had changed. That required everyone to have a social security number. And they(him, his mom and little brother) didn't have the money to file for or obtain citizenship.

They get to the citizenship part @ the 24 minute mark.

I was peeped your 21 reference, but that TIP story about his family was so much better. Thanks for the drop.