R.I.P Dennis Edwards

Shadow22

Rising Star
Registered
Motown Legend so much talent on the other side. Motown nor Mr. Gordie will ever get their just due.

black again

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP

Always was my fave Temp. Dude just had that voice.

As much as I loved damn near all the Temps tracks, the joint they did with Rick James, "Standing On The Top"....that's one of my ALL-Time jams!!

dasmybikepunk

Wait for it.....
OG Investor
RIP to the only man on the planet who could replace David.

Prayers and blessings to his family and friends.

CptMARVEL

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
RIP.
Thanks for the music Mr. Edwards.
(Your singing definitely bought joy into my life...)
:sad::sad::sad:

lowlite

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeaahhhhh Dennis!!! Show these young gipper gappers how to do it!!!!
R. I. P.
giphy.gif
Can't stop a stepper! RIP

kl33mann

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I aint nobody special, but whenever or wherever I saw Mr. Edwards he was approachable and treated you with dignity and respect.
I guess its whats called home training which is getting to be as rare as learning cursive handwriting. He will be sorely missed!

KoolJay

Vidi Veni Vici
BGOL Investor
I was listenin to Donnie Simpson today and he interviewed Otis, I didn't know that that they had more Grammy's with Dennis then they did with David as the lead singer. They talked about the Movie and how close to the truth it was. He did say that he didn't remember Dennis backstage singing lyrics, but remember David R, coming out the crowd to steal the mic from Dennis and he handle it like a professional. RIP to my Uncle's Favorite Singer....

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I've always thought that Dennis was the best Temptation. To me, he was more important to their success than Ruffin ever was. He came in, took the ball and ran with it with no problem. That booming voice was absolutely legendary. Yes, Dennis was coked up on that "Don't look any further" video, but they all were back in the 80s when that came out.

Otis is the last one standing, and other than founding the group, he's the least impactful out of all of the "Classic Five" + Dennis.

This was an amazing interview by the way.....

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
I've always thought that Dennis was the best Temptation. To me, he was more important to their success than Ruffin ever was. He came in, took the ball and ran with it with no problem. That booming voice was absolutely legendary. Yes, Dennis was coked up on that "Don't look any further" video, but they all were back in the 80s when that came out.

Otis is the last one standing, and other than founding the group, he's the least impactful out of all of the "Classic Five" + Dennis.

This was an amazing interview by the way.....

good ass interview...where the rest ...?

The plot of the film (which is loosely based on the lives of several artists: The Dells, The Temptations, Four Tops, Wilson Pickett, James Brown, Frankie Lymon, Sam Cooke and others)

this movie was more about the temptations than all those groups & artists listed....

they should have had dennis as a consultant on the temptations movie ...he spit a lot of good shit that should have been included in the movie...

they should make his pio-pic next ....
:yes:

41N3UMaPsZL.jpg