R.I.P. Boxing Legend LEON SPINKS Dead at 67

dik cashmere

Freaky Tah gettin high that's my brother
BGOL Investor
Boxing legend Leon Spinks -- who famously beat Muhammad Ali in 1978 -- is fighting for his life in a Vegas hospital, TMZ Sports has learned ... and his wife is asking for prayers.
Details surrounding the 66-year-old's condition are unclear -- but we know his family and friends are very concerned.
In fact, Leon's wife Brenda went to social media saying, "Reaching out to ask you to kindly send some prayers out for my Beautiful Husband Leon so that he may overcome the obstacles that have crossed his path."
Spinks has fought back from serious medical situations in the past -- he was hospitalized in 2014 after a piece of bone from a chicken wing caused major damage to his intestines.
The boxer underwent several surgeries and spent weeks recovering at a rehabilitation center.
Spinks is a boxing legend -- he was inducted into the Nevada Boxing Hall of Fame in 2017.
His 1978 victory over Muhammad Ali to win the heavyweight championship of the world is widely considered one of the greatest upsets in boxing history.
Spinks is also a military veteran who served in the U.S. Marines from 1973 to 1976.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/12/11/leon-spinks-hospitalized-vegas-boxing/

callbacc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Get Well!!!
...I forgot if it was him or Michael that use to walk around with a Snake wrapped around his neck

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wish him well

Isn't he the boxer Jamie Foxx was mimicking on In Living Color? and he had a few breakdowns in the ring?

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm sure you mean beat him badly. Yes, that was Holmes.

Holmes actually cried after that bout and wanted Ali to quit early on in the fight, but Ali's pride got in the way.
Only time Ali was ever stopped. Similar to Tyson/Holmes, Ali had been inactive for over two years and fights the best fighter in the world at the time on short notice. Recipe for disaster.

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
february-27-1978-sports-illustrated-via-getty-images-cover-boxing-picture-id81455356