**Public Service Announcement** FOR THE GUYS

MCP

International
International Member
Yanno? The turd is completely lost. The point is that men should stop trying to read extra meaning into a side hug.

Please followup, do not tar every man with the same brush on this subject here. Maybe you should started by saying some men, not all men have issues with what kind of hug he receives :confused:.

Far as I'm concerned, a hug is a hug. I have more pressing concerns at the moment than that.

followup

BGOL Investor
Please followup, do not tar every man with the same brush on this subject here. Maybe you should started by saying some men, not all men have issues with what kind of hug he receives :confused:.

Far as I'm concerned, a hug is a hug. I have more pressing concerns at the moment than that.
Ummmm... I just re-read what I typed and I do not see where I said that all men have issues with hugs. I said that men who do have a problem with a side hug have mental problems. That is a totally different generalization than what you typed :rolleyes:

Andeyhollawho

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So why are you so militant about hugging the man chest to chest? Is it just the fact that he brought it up or do you avoid hugging him chest to chest???

This seems kind of petty to me Follow. So maybe you are the one with the issue here and not the guy? I'm not trying to rag on you or anything but come on. :smh: I just want to know if the man TRIED to hug you chest to chest would you let him do it?

And if not then why not?

owl

BGOL Investor
Interesting question.

I was chit chatting with a woman who had a crush on me, but I was with someone at the time, and her now guyfriend gives her this look every time we embrace. Now, I know she would still like to be involved with me, and she does have a predisposition to cheat, but the hugs she gives me are completely "...damn, Jay, I missed you, hope everything is going well for you" type hugs. Does that mean he doesn't trip with her....come on now...

For men, I really think it is a control issue. No matter how much you convey to someone your faithfully committed dedication to your relationship, there will be people in your life who may be men that you love. And this means a certain level of attention, concern, and affection that your man may believe belongs solely to him. Most men actually should only be involved with ex-nuns, virgins, and the like, because they think that the relationship is built upon physical expressions of desire. This leaves a small percentage of actions for a woman to display her love towards a man, that no man has ever received from that woman...thus, creating the need for him to get upset every time you give a hug to "Lil James", the cat you slap back in the second grade for grabbing your ponytails the wrong way. I really feel for grown ass women, because I know dudes don't understand what they have at home. But hey...maybe if he don't know what he got, he don't deserve to have it...

...as always, just my fifteen pennies....

MCP

International
International Member
Ummmm... I just re-read what I typed and I do not see where I said that all men have issues with hugs. I said that men who do have a problem with a side hug have mental problems. That is a totally different generalization than what you typed :rolleyes:

Followup,

Just re-read your op and you clearly stated that this issue was with 'black men'. You didn't state whether it was some black men or a few black men or even most black men. You just stated 'black men'. That was my only issue with what you wrote.

Coming back to your original issue, if such men are out there, they just need to chill out. Wilding out over what kinda hug they get from a woman is just sad and immature.

PrincessC

Potential Star
BGOL Investor
I reserve side hugs for people I'm not all the way comfortable with. However, I usually refrain from physical contact with people I don't know, so if you get a side hug, it's because you forced it and it's the best I can do without being rude.

sean69

Star
BGOL Investor
I reserve side hugs for people I'm not all the way comfortable with. However, I usually refrain from physical contact with people I don't know, so if you get a side hug, it's because you forced it and it's the best I can do without being rude.

:hmm: meany

jucurious

agent of change
BGOL Investor

awwwwwwwwww at ur avy

and yeah i understand ur stance on side hugs

followup

BGOL Investor
This is the most idiotic thing I have heard black men complaining about in my life.

Followup,

Just re-read your op and you clearly stated that this issue was with 'black men'. You didn't state whether it was some black men or a few black men or even most black men. You just stated 'black men'. That was my only issue with what you wrote.

Coming back to your original issue, if such men are out there, they just need to chill out. Wilding out over what kinda hug they get from a woman is just sad and immature.
I am very obviously referring to black men who complain about side hugs--not all black men. That excludes black men who do not care. If it does not apply to you, then you are excluded...

Mo-Better

The R&B Master
OG Investor
This PSA is brought to you all out of the goodness of my heart. Seriously. :rolleyes:

If a woman talks to you like she wants to be with you, acts like she wants to be with you, and is having sex with you:

why the F*&k are you tripping about a side hug?

This is the most idiotic thing I have heard black men complaining about in my life. This is dumber than men who concern themselves with tattoos, hair weaves, and colored contacts.

Seriously, if you have a good woman taking care of you and you bring up some nonsense about her hugging you on the side versus chest-to-chest, you have psychological problems and should see your nearest psychiatrist to get help.

This concludes this public service announcement. We now take you back to your regularly scheduled SOL posting.

:hmm:

I had to think about this one. Is this with the majority of men you meet? It could be your package. If your a nice, shapely lady, you know got that slammin' body, yeah I want a front hug too. :yes: (just being real) Seriously this sounds like someone worried about their image. Assuming of course this happened among friends, his in particular.

As you said, if spending your quality time with him, you want to be with him and your having sex with him the hug type should not be an issue. I think someone is tripping.

followup

BGOL Investor
I had to think about this one. Is this with the majority of men you meet? It could be your package. If your a nice, shapely lady, you know got that slammin' body, yeah I want a front hug too. :yes: (just being real) Seriously this sounds like someone worried about their image. Assuming of course this happened among friends, his in particular.

As you said, if spending your quality time with him, you want to be with him and your having sex with him the hug type should not be an issue. I think someone is tripping.
Nope. First time I ever heard it was this year. But talking with different guys, it seems to be a common belief.

NativeSon

Star
Registered
I can understand where your coming from, but...and i quote "If a woman talks to you like she wants to be with you, acts like she wants to be with you, and is having sex with you" then why is she giving me a side hug? Body language tells you alot about a person, especialy when she does not realize she is doing it, A side hug equates to the fact that she does not embrace you fully in her life as a partner or a loved one, she may be fucking you, but she still has reservations about letting you into her comfortable circle just yet. Men have the same tale, a man can be sexing you, but if every time he leaves your company all you get is a wave or a kiss on the cheek, then he still has reservations about that woman.

A womans words can be false, her actions calculated, her hormones raging, but her heart will never lie to you if you take the time to listen.

......and now back to our regularly schedule program!

:yes::yes::yes:

body language means a lot.