Price of the brick goin’ up: YouTube TV increasing to $64.99 a month

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
E-yJ2c.gif

Streaming jumped the shark in 2019 and is as much as cable now once you add in a reasonably decent internet package. Only advantage they have is the ability to cancel at anytime.

I cancelled several month ago because of no sports; now I’m never coming back; I’ve realized just how much content I DONT need and when sports returns I’ll just use links provided by the generosity of the BGOL breden :cheers:

Last edited:

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
yeah i'm done. they added all the viacom channels, but still, not worthy of this type of increase. It should be a choice. i want to see the numbers before and after this announcement.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
get the fuck outta here does that include, internet service.....

spectrum didnt charge me anything for a year...

and now what they charge me is so low, It pays to stay......

Is this one type of payment plan, or is this for all their shit like youtube

red?

Goingmark40

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
got dam youtube tv. i'm gonna stick around but lo and behold i'm fin to start planning our exit. gonna have to see what we can stand.

Dota

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My Direct TV / AT&T TV package looking good at the moment. im grandfathered in at 60 bucks for one of their top packages.

Hell I left AT&T because of the $60 :lol:

Hulu TV might be the last ship but I think they're at $54.99 a month anyway (at least it includes Hulu service)

Ryokurin

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was thinking about canceling before, the $15 increase pushed me over. Most of the time it's on for noise and I got terabytes of movies, Netflix and Amazon to watch. Push comes to shove I'll do Locast. All I care about is local.

Last edited:

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Hell I left AT&T because of the $60 :lol:

Hulu TV might be the last ship but I think they're at $54.99 a month anyway (at least it includes Hulu service)

Hulu will be right behind; they when from $44.99 to $54.99 and everyone jumped to YTTV. I also had DirectTv Now/ATT TV and it was clutch at $30/month AND they gave you an Apple TV if you signed up and paid for 3 months upfront; then they jacked up prices.

I’ve had all the major streaming platforms; Sling was the absolute worst but it was at least cheap; then THEY had a huge price jump for the same garbage interface and stupid channel tiering.

Dota

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Hulu will be right behind; they when from $44.99 to $54.99 and everyone jumped to YTTV. I also had DirectTv Now/ATT TV and it was clutch at $30/month AND they gave you an Apple TV if you signed up and paid for 3 months upfront; then they jacked up prices.

I’ve had all the major streaming platforms; Sling was the absolute worst but it was at least cheap; then THEY had a huge price jump for the same garbage interface and stupid channel tiering.

At this point, I'll probably check to see if Xfinity has a streaming package just to get the local channels since they're my ISP. I already have area 51 too. No way in hell will I return to a cable box.

CPT Callamity

Titty Feelin Villain
BGOL Investor
I have still never subscribed to any of those services.
I have Amazon prime because I order a lot of random tech shit so the Video part is just a meh extra. Between Plex servers and BGOL and a few other sites I don't miss anything.

BGOL4LYFE

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
$5.00/mo for Kodi Streaming w/ all the channels available, free movie and TV apps are plentiful, and torrents ( Make sure to have a VPN).

I'm good to go.