PRESIDENT TRUMP & FIRST LADY Tests Positive For Coronavirus. Also: HopeHicks kellyanneConway KayleighMcEnany #RoseGardenMassacre

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
I don't know WHAT kind of hoops he'd have to jump through to travel w/o restrictions. He'll always have a Secret Service detail until he dies, but he won't have access to intel or any other perk that comes with the Office.

I'm certain that when one President leaves office, everything is overwritten and codes are changed. That's what the teams all exchange/handle during the transition of power. He wouldn't really have a whole lot to give them that they don't already know about, I don't think.

He surely couldn't make a bee-line for Russia. He'd have to claim to be traveling on business to one of his foreign interests and play the shell game, but he's still gonna have that security detail in his way. His movements have to be preplanned and reported on at all times.
Agree with a lot you've said except for a former POTUS wouldn't have much to offer a foreign country like Russia interms of intelligence.

There's only so much SOP they can change from one POTUS to another. In addition not to mention other countries that the former POTUS has intel on.

Those countries aren't changing their practicse to coincide with our leadership change assuming they even know we have certain kind of intel on them to begin with.

IMO, There's no scenerio where Russia gets its hands on a former POTUS and the intelligence community says "No big deal. We change all the passwords!"

When the Russians first came to the WH it was said he may have compromised sources and gotten someone killed. I think Kushner is the bigger threat, tho. He's probably already got reams of information to sell once Trump is gone.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As a courtesy in the past, former presidents were given intel briefings. Bill Clinton was given a complete briefing on the run up to the war in Iraq. I think they have to request it. They're expected to serve in an advisory role to the current president. Told you, Trump has put us in situations we never planned for. No one ever expected a narcissistic sociopath to be elected president.

Hell my understanding is the intelligence community don't want to give him intel now.
That's crazy they fear he fowards it straight to Putin.
GOP and Trump fans don't bat an eye...
What about Hillary's emails? That's what's really important. Not the guy getting the current briefings and forwarding it to his handler.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When the Russians first came to the WH it was said he may have compromised sources and gotten someone killed. I think Kushner is the bigger threat, tho. He's probably already got reams of information to sell once Trump is gone.

You mean the same Kushner that still hasn't cleared his security screenings if i have my info correct.

Last edited:

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
Agree with a lot you've said except for a former POTUS wouldn't have much to offer a foreign country like Russia interms of intelligence.

There's only so much SOP they can change from one POTUS to another. In addition not to mention other countries that the former POTUS has intel on.

Those countries aren't changing their practicse to coincide with our leadership change assuming they even know we have certain kind of intel on them to begin with.

IMO, There's no scenerio where Russia gets its hands on a former POTUS and the intelligence community says "No big deal. We change all the passwords!"
I feel you. You're right, even though the clown had to have the PDBs dumbed down to an elementary level to keep his interest.

He'd be reporting on our new jets and how completely invisible they are to the naked eye. :lol:

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
I bet the Russian debriefer's will be like "this motherfucker's an idiot. It's like talking to a child."
Yes! That's the one. It's a prototype that they showed me on the secret tarmac. Isn't it a beaut? They're in production right now since I funded the military, unlike Obama. I couldn't believe it until I toured the Plant and I'll tell ya what, you couldn't even see them while standing right beside them.

il_fullxfull.253887631.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Yes! That's the one. It's a prototype that they showed me on the secret tarmac. Isn't it a beaut? They're in production right now since I funded the military, unlike Obama. I couldn't believe it until I toured the Plant and I'll tell ya what, you couldn't even see them while standing right beside them.

il_fullxfull.253887631.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm disappointed you didn't use Wonder Woman's invisible jet, but I'll allow it. :yes:

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
As a courtesy in the past, former presidents were given intel briefings. Bill Clinton was given a complete briefing on the run up to the war in Iraq. I think they have to request it. They're expected to serve in an advisory role to the current president. Told you, Trump has put us in situations we never planned for. No one ever expected a narcissistic sociopath to be elected president.
Heck, he doesn't want to sit through intel briefings now. And we know good and well that no one is going to expect him to advise anyone on anything useful.

What I imagine is that we will have a rare moment in Executive Administration where a lot of things get reset and a lot of policies get redone. We've talked and joked about deep cleaning the White House, but I would legit strip search that building once Trump leaves. It'd be months before I officially moved in to do work.

The only real positive takeaway is that Trump probably can't compromise too many internal secrets because it's doubtful that he can be bothered to remember them. And that's assuming that he even heard something important in the first place. The dude is probably the laziest president in history.

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

If you weren't raised in a racist society, it's hard for you to understand America.

Foreign Reporter to MAGA voter: "Let me get this straight, you don't want healthcare, maternity leave, paid sick and annual leave, just because black people will get it also?"

"You believe that a phony billionaire has your best interest at heat"

"You believe that tax cuts for the wealthy will put more money in your pockets?"

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Exactly, Kushner is definitely gonna drop dimes for $$ and possibly safe haven....If the rumors of Ivanka bein lez or "bi" on the low are true he has no real allegiance or loyalty to the Drumpfs.....and he can see this ship is sunk once Teflon Don is out of office.

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's about the money with Kelly Anne. That wench didn't start out as a Trumpster, she just landed a job, that's all. She was a Never Trumper until she was offered a position and it ain't like George ain't benefiting from the household income being steady. :lol:
A lot of people working for him were never Trumpers. Kellyanne told Mika that he was so slimy that she felt like she needed to take a shower after talking to him. It says something about the republican establishment that they didn't recognize that someone like Trump was exactly what the base wanted. The inmates got control of the asylum.

This is an excellent article about the Republican establishment dealing with Trump. A few quotes I took away from it.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/10/anonymous-republican-donald-trump.html

“Most days, he doesn’t factor into it,” he said, explaining the cognitive dissonance. “Trump’s pretty disengaged day to day. He has subcontracted most of what his administration actually does to actual Republicans who work on traditional Republican issues. That’s the story of his presidency. This is fundamentally a pretty lazy guy who likes to watch a lot of TV, likes to call up his buddies on the phone and bitch about why the government isn’t really working for him.”

“His laziness is a good thing for the country,” he said, “because he wants to do things, but he doesn’t have the work ethic to actually see them to fruition

He doesn't really run the government, he has no interest in it and doesn't understand it so it's left to actual Republicans. The problem is because he's such a narcissist, those slots eventually become filled by sycophants who are just like him, they're not competent but they move up because of loyalty to him, aka Chad Wolfe among many.

Trump is a first-term president with consistently high approval ratings among Republicans, and the fact that he has engendered so little loyalty among D.C. Republicans should remind the public that this current era is not normal.

Like I said above, the establishment had no ideal that the wacko the base really was. When they talked about personal responsibility, the base heard black people are lazy, that's why they're left behind.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This particular thread is a train wreck; old folks wandering around dazed and confused; having medical episodes; a true clusterfuck :lol:.

I'll never understand how people worship those that treat them like shit.
Hell that's the very definition of a disfuntional relationship.