PRESIDENT TRUMP & FIRST LADY Tests Positive For Coronavirus. Also: HopeHicks kellyanneConway KayleighMcEnany #RoseGardenMassacre

KAPE KRUSADER

Rising Star
Registered
Trump probably smacked the heck out of her after she wouldn't hold his hand after the debate. He looked like he was mad and tried to shove her forward a bit.
No, Melania is at the WH packing her shit and mad as fuck that she stayed with Bitch Trump for that pre-nup money. Then she finds out her Pre-Nup is worthless as two sheets of toilet paper with Trump's broke ass.

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member

In case folks missed what he said...

White House Chief Of Staff Mark Meadows: ‘We’re Not Going To Control The Pandemic’

“So here’s what we have to do: We’re not going to control the pandemic,” Meadows said. “We are going to control the fact that we get vaccines, therapeutics and other mitigation areas ―”

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

White House Chief Of Staff Mark Meadows: ‘We’re Not Going To Control The Pandemic’

“So here’s what we have to do: We’re not going to control the pandemic,” Meadows said. “We are going to control the fact that we get vaccines, therapeutics and other mitigation areas ―”

Why do these folks think a vaccine is a silver bullet?

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why do these folks think a vaccine is a silver bullet?
I struggle with this at times, but you have to understand the logic of a simple mind. There is no nuanced journey to a conclusion. They simply connect two data points and lean into them.

They were told that once we have a vaccine in place, we'll be able to have more control over the disease. There's a lot of explanation for why that's the case, but all they heard in their heads was, "This will be over once a vaccine shows up."

This is why you have to be careful when messaging to large groups of people. Average minds don't flex unless they have to, so if you give them the wrong message, they will accept it as long as it sounds like a good thing. It also helps if it sounds easy and doesn't seem to require effort.

Trump (and by proxy his people) are really good at simple-minded messaging. This is why messages like "It will all just go away," and "A vaccine is coming soon" work on them. It requires no work on their part, and it allows them to do what they want presumably with no consequences. It's why calling this a "Chinese virus", which changes nothing about the virus' nature or preventing it, resonates with them. It makes them feel better about it by giving them someone to blame, which is petty but that's how it goes.

TL;DR: Simple minds seek simple solutions. A miracle shot in the arm right in time for Thanksgiving sounds great, whether or not it makes sense that it will happen.

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I struggle with this at times, but you have to understand the logic of a simple mind. There is no nuanced journey to a conclusion. They simply connect two data points and lean into them.

They were told that once we have a vaccine in place, we'll be able to have more control over the disease. There's a lot of explanation for why that's the case, but all they heard in their heads was, "This will be over once a vaccine shows up."

This is why you have to be careful when messaging to large groups of people. Average minds don't flex unless they have to, so if you give them the wrong message, they will accept it as long as it sounds like a good thing. It also helps if it sounds easy and doesn't seem to require effort.

Trump (and by proxy his people) are really good at simple-minded messaging. This is why messages like "It will all just go away," and "A vaccine is coming soon" work on them. It requires no work on their part, and it allows them to do what they want presumably with no consequences. It's why calling this a "Chinese virus", which changes nothing about the virus' nature or preventing it, resonates with them. It makes them feel better about it by giving them someone to blame, which is petty but that's how it goes.

TL;DR: Simple minds seek simple solutions. A miracle shot in the arm right in time for Thanksgiving sounds great, whether or not it makes sense that it will happen.

I agree. I wonder if people are just stupid or is it because schools fail to teach critical thinking skills. I don't understand how people don't question everything, just ask a simple "Why". I think of the adage "beware of the man promising simple answers to complex problems".

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
If he wins, total anarchy...we haven't seen shit yet. Will take the next DECENT president all of his tenure to fix a fraction of his actions. Good luck to America,,,Not that we were that great before but we're about to be even more fucked up, if he wins.

Even if Trump loses folks will be trying tout the GOP back in the WH before all the fires are out due to special interests mad their agenda isn't being worked on first or fast enough. Hopefully enough dems get into state positions to help minimize the GOP friendly gerrymandering so dems don't have to struggle to get and keep power.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Who cares how many of them get it, it’s been shown that them niggas don’t die.

tenor.gif

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I agree. I wonder if people are just stupid or is it because schools fail to teach critical thinking skills. I don't understand how people don't question everything, just ask a simple "Why". I think of the adage "beware of the man promising simple answers to complex problems".

And this is the problem. The sad fact is that the average American is not a critical thinker and it is sad that we live with people like this who are sinply liabilities because the powers that be can simply manipulate them like puddy.

:smh:

gdatruth

A Man Apart
Certified Pussy Poster

imagine Obama, Hillary or anyone else who was president throwing their hands up and admitting defeat to this extent
simply said Trump and company dismantled all the mechanisms to catch this, did not nothing for months, refused to advocate for mask wearing, didnt listen to experts & put profit ahead of ppl
four years ago when ppl said whats the worse that can happen...we are living through it (those of us still lucky to be alive)

Dark19

Zod's Son
BGOL Investor

If he wins, total anarchy...we haven't seen shit yet. Will take the next DECENT president all of his tenure to fix a fraction of Trump's actions. Good luck to America,,,Not that we were that great before but we're about to be even more fucked up, if he wins.
This Is Why I Said He's Not Going to Win....The Real Money of This Country Not About to Let This Idiot Fuck Up Their Golden Goose.....They Gave Kennedy a Free Haircut For Less

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Honestly, it's human nature. You can teach some people to think and process info a different way, but most will still fall somewhere within the line of following the simplest path unless forced not to. It's why having trusted experts is important, but also having charismatic leaders that follow their advice and push it to others is also important.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
Honestly, it's human nature. You can teach some people to think and process info a different way, but most will still fall somewhere within the line of following the simplest path unless forced not to. It's why having trusted experts is important, but also having charismatic leaders that follow their advice and push it to others is also important.
Is it human nature to be a lazy thinker?

I'm thinking its more of a choice.

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Is it human nature to be a lazy thinker?

I'm thinking its more of a choice.
That may not have been the best choice of words from me. What I mean is it is more a matter of how our society has been built. In theory, you have a choice. But society tends to reward groupthink and chastise divergent opinion. In a case like that, following the crowd becomes the norm.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What's the over/under if Trump losses he really tries to defect to Russia? That would be insane.
Would the U.S. military etc allow a former POTUS to defect to a country like Russia with his vast knowledege of US and foreign sensitive information?

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What's the over/under if Trump losses he really tries to defect to Russia? That would be insane.
Would the U.S. military etc allow a former POTUS to defect to a country like Russia with his vast knowledege of US and foreign sensitive information?
Interesting question. In 2016, they said Trump was going to take us places we've never been. Never before when I have thought this was even possible.

One thing for certain, if Trump loses he will spend the rest of his life in court trying to avoid jail. Would Trump share sensitive information with Russia, Abso-fucking-lutely!

I can see Trump going to Russia and trying to foment rebellion in the US.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Interesting question. In 2016, they said Trump was going to take us places we've never been. Never before when I have thought this was even possible.

One thing for certain, if Trump loses he will spend the rest of his life in court trying to avoid jail. Would Trump share sensitive information with Russia, Abso-fucking-lutely!

I can see Trump going to Russia and trying to foment rebellion in the US.

The thought of a former POTUS doing something like that is mind-boggling and for Trump to even mention it in a speech is unreal.
Yet his supports, those in Congress, and in the Senate don't even blink an eye.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
I don't know WHAT kind of hoops he'd have to jump through to travel w/o restrictions. He'll always have a Secret Service detail until he dies, but he won't have access to intel or any other perk that comes with the Office.

I'm certain that when one President leaves office, everything is overwritten and codes are changed. That's what the teams all exchange/handle during the transition of power. He wouldn't really have a whole lot to give them that they don't already know about, I don't think.

He surely couldn't make a bee-line for Russia. He'd have to claim to be traveling on business to one of his foreign interests and play the shell game, but he's still gonna have that security detail in his way. His movements have to be preplanned and reported on at all times.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't know WHAT kind of hoops he'd have to jump through to travel w/o restrictions. He'll always have a Secret Service detail until he dies, but he won't have access to intel or any other perk that comes with the Office.

I'm certain that when one President leaves office, everything is overwritten and codes are changed. That's what the teams all exchange/handle during the transition of power. He wouldn't really have a whole lot to give them that they don't already know about, I don't think.

He surely couldn't make a bee-line for Russia. He'd have to claim to be traveling on business to one of his foreign interests and play the shell game, but he's still gonna have that security detail in his way. His movements have to be preplanned and reported on at all times.

Agree with a lot you've said except for a former POTUS wouldn't have much to offer a foreign country like Russia interms of intelligence.

There's only so much SOP they can change from one POTUS to another. In addition not to mention other countries that the former POTUS has intel on.

Those countries aren't changing their practicse to coincide with our leadership change assuming they even know we have certain kind of intel on them to begin with.

IMO, There's no scenerio where Russia gets its hands on a former POTUS and the intelligence community says "No big deal. We change all the passwords!"

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Agree with a lot you've said except for a former POTUS wouldn't have much to offer a foreign country like Russia interms of intelligence.

There's only so much SOP they can change from one POTUS to another. In addition not to mention other countries that the former POTUS has intel on.

Those countries aren't changing their practicse to coincide with our leadership change assuming they even know we have certain kind of intel on them to begin with.

IMO, There's no scenerio where Russia gets its hands on a former POTUS and the intelligence community says "No big deal. We change all the passwords!"
As a courtesy in the past, former presidents were given intel briefings. Bill Clinton was given a complete briefing on the run up to the war in Iraq. I think they have to request it. They're expected to serve in an advisory role to the current president. Told you, Trump has put us in situations we never planned for. No one ever expected a narcissistic sociopath to be elected president.