Post your grocery stores according to your usage rates.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Publix has grand opening sales for the new store in Summerhill (Georgia State University/Turner Stadium area of Atlanta)

Llano

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So me & the wife got a Costco membership about 3 months ago. What we do is buy a month's worth of meats, toilet paper & paper towels from Costco. She goes to the grocery store for the other stuff weekly. We did the math and we're saving over $100 a month this way.

Last edited:

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
So me & the wife got a Costco membership about 3 months ago. What we do is buy a month's worth of meats, toilet paper & paper towels from Costco. She goes to the grocery store for the other stuff weekly. We did the math and we're saving over $100 a month this way.
When I first joined, I was reluctant to get the Exec for the rewards. But this rep there told me for what I was spending monthly, it will basically pay for the extra for the Exec.
So normal is $65 and Exec is $120.
I got checks back for being Exec at about $70-90 for the past 3 years. So it's like paying for basic membership.

I just checked my acct and saw this:

Estimated 2% Reward​

$92.33
Last updated 09/08/2023

So far I'll pay maybe $30 or less for my renewal, technically.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've been OUT on Walmart for about 6 months now but this officially closes the door.

Closing earlier in the Black neighborhoods.

I'm more of a Publix and Costco shopper now.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
I've been OUT on Walmart for about 6 months now but this officially closes the door.

Closing earlier in the Black neighborhoods.

I'm more of a Publix and Costco shopper now.

Why are they closing early? Is it crime/incident related? If one were to objectively look at crime data in the area, would it speak to people not feeling safe when it gets dark? Parking lots in some areas are dangerous as fuck. :smh:

I'm still on Covid time with Walmart IF i go(walmart + is the shit, but sometimes I just want to see what's in there). 6-7am or I ain't going.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Easily 80% of my weekly groceries come from the local farmer's market. I barely go to the traditional supermarkets anymore.
Which Farmers market do you go too?

8lWXrf.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I'm outta the city these days. Closer to Harrisburg / Lancaster way than Philly. Pretty much Quaker/ farmville.

There are a few good proper farmer's market out that way. If you're ever around Elizabethtown on a Saturday, Green Dragon and Roots are my two favorites.
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks. You ever been to Di Bruno Brothers? I heard they have excellent food.

M2qFH0.jpg

jcthesmooth

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So in my area this is some choice
Aldi
IGA (Carlie C) for every day meats
For Fresh meats for African dishes A1 Meats. The kill the animal the same day and buther it for you.
Food Lion every now and then
Walmart for some things
Sam's Club best Pinapples and other fruits
Costco
BJ
Note I have friends where we share the club memberships cards.

c_commander

Up and Coming Asshole
BGOL Investor
Kroger
Lidl
Farmer's Market/Nam Dae Mun
Publix(Only good for their subs & BOGO items)
I go to Lidl less often now and found a Mexican market that has good prices on fruits and vegetables. Damn shame that the Publix near the old Turner Field had the accident cause it made it even easier to go there for a quick trip.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I go to Lidl less often now and found a Mexican market that has good prices on fruits and vegetables. Damn shame that the Publix near the old Turner Field had the accident cause it made it even easier to go there for a quick trip.

I just came back from there. Third trip since the accident. It's fine. Just park in the parking lot outside, not on or below the parking deck.

Megatron X

A Prophet of Doom
BGOL Investor
Here in Beantown they have Star Market and Stop and Shop. But we have Wholefoods and Trader Joe’s. There’s no publix or Krogers here. I do go to Publix when I’m In Florida. I don’t think I’ve been to Krogers. I heard they’re in ATL and I probably been there when I was in ATL.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Within a 5 mile radius I have access to almost all the big regional chains, city life all day.

Mixd

Duppy Maker
BGOL Investor
When I first joined, I was reluctant to get the Exec for the rewards. But this rep there told me for what I was spending monthly, it will basically pay for the extra for the Exec.
So normal is $65 and Exec is $120.
I got checks back for being Exec at about $70-90 for the past 3 years. So it's like paying for basic membership.

I just checked my acct and saw this:

Estimated 2% Reward​

$92.33
Last updated 09/08/2023

So far I'll pay maybe $30 or less for my renewal, technically.
Just replying to my post, just got my renewal notice, and in it a certificate for the rewards for $107. So my exec membership costing me technically $13.

For me a regular membership would "cost" me. Just makes sense for me to get the exec.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Got some new nonstick cookware from Costco so gonna be doing more cooking.

Did some quick cajun salmon and out it in some broccoli and veggie spaghetti with garlic alfredo sauce last night.

Tomorrow might do a ribeye and mashed potatoes or grilled corn on the cob if I find the time.

papi68

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Got some new nonstick cookware from Costco so gonna be doing more cooking.

Did some quick cajun salmon and out it in some broccoli and veggie spaghetti with garlic alfredo sauce last night.

Tomorrow might do a ribeye and mashed potatoes or grilled corn on the cob if I find the time.
Spaghetti squash?

tebriel69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Walmart robbing customers

I can’t stand Walmart anymore. It’s highway robbery. To be fair almost everywhere is like that now. It’s just insane how prices are. They never go back down either. If it wasn’t for Aldi I honestly don’t know what I’d do.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I can’t stand Walmart anymore. It’s highway robbery. To be fair almost everywhere is like that now. It’s just insane how prices are. They never go back down either. If it wasn’t for Aldi I honestly don’t know what I’d do.

I know I'm paying more at Publix but I accept it for a better and safer shopping experience. People generally act civilized at Trader Joe's, Costco, Publix around here. Kroger and Walmart... your chances of getting involved in foolery are exponentially higher.