Populist, Protector, Punisher, Problematic — Rodrigo Duterte & Admirer—Donald Trump

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Philippines' President Duterte gives the EU the middle finger

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available
hd_video_icon.jpg

Rodrigo Duterte launched into another tirade in response to criticism from European Union over his crackdown on crime and the illegal drug trade.
Singling out France and Britain, Duterte said the parliament’s members were “hypocrites” whose colonial-era ancestors killed “thousands” of Arabs and other peoples.

“They’re taking the high ground to assuage their feelings of guilt. But who did I kill? Assuming it to be true, 1,700, who are they? Criminals. You call that genocide,” he said.

“Now the EU has the gall to condemn me. So I repeat it. F*** you,” he said, raising his middle finger.

In the speech he also cited the United States over the atrocities committed by the US military during the Philippine-American war referencing the aftermath of the Balangiga massacre where General Jacob Smith gave the infamous order to "kill everyone over ten".

Read more at
image: http://edge.liveleak.com/80281E/u/u/ll2/hd_video_icon.jpg

hd_video_icon.jpg

Rodrigo Duterte launched into another tirade in response to criticism from European Union over his crackdown on crime and the illegal drug trade.
Singling out France and Britain, Duterte said the parliament’s members were “hypocrites” whose colonial-era ancestors killed “thousands” of Arabs and other peoples.

“They’re taking the high ground to assuage their feelings of guilt. But who did I kill? Assuming it to be true, 1,700, who are they? Criminals. You call that genocide,” he said.

“Now the EU has the gall to condemn me. So I repeat it. F*** you,” he said, raising his middle finger.

In the speech he also cited the United States over the atrocities committed by the US military during the Philippine-American war referencing the aftermath of the Balangiga massacre where General Jacob Smith gave the infamous order to "kill everyone over ten".

Read more at

Last edited by a moderator:

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Last month Donald Trump spoke by phone with Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte and was widely criticized by members of both parties for inviting the strongman to meet with him in the White House.

The Intercept obtained a transcript of the call and is publishing it in full. On the call, Trump enthusiastically endorsed Duterte’s murderous “drug war” and repeatedly addressed the possibility of a U.S. nuclear strike on North Korea. The transcript, which contains numerous typographical errors, is an official document of the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs. Well-placed sources at the Palace and the Department of Foreign Affairs confirmed its authenticity to reporters for the Philippine news outlet Rappler, which collaborated with The Intercept on this story.

The White House readout describes the call as a “very friendly conversation”:

President Donald J. Trump spoke today with President Rodrigo Duterte of the Philippines. It was a very friendly conversation, in which the two leaders discussed the concerns of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) regarding regional security, including the threat posed by North Korea. They also discussed the fact that the Philippine government is fighting very hard to rid its country of drugs, a scourge that affects many countries throughout the world. President Trump enjoyed the conversation and said that he is looking forward to visiting the Philippines in November to participate in the East Asia Summit and the U.S.-ASEAN Summit. President Trump also invited President Duterte to the White House to discuss the importance of the the United States-Philippines alliance, which is now heading in a very positive direction.

Here is the transcript:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/3729123-POTUS-RD-Doc.html#document/p1

or http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/do...lippine-president-duterte/2446/?tid=a_inl-amp

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Philippine president says he will eat ISIS militants’ livers, lightly seasoned with salt and vinegar, for revenge

their remains were discovered by Philippine troops
by Melissa Leon · July 7, 2017

pix-duterte-w-gun1.jpg

Share4K
Tweet
+1
Shares 4K
ISIS livers for lunch, anyone?

ADVERTISING
Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte had a visceral reaction to finding out that two Vietnamese soldiers who had been held hostage had been discovered dead. He vowed to eat the livers of the terrorists who did it – lightly seasoned, of course.

“I will eat your liver if you want me to. Give me salt and vinegar and I will eat it in front of you,” Duterte reportedly told local officials this week, while he held up photos on a phone of the deceased soldiers, according to a report in Newsweek. “I eat everything. I am not picky. I eat even what cannot be swallowed.”

Screen-Shot-2017-07-07-at-11.53.15-AM.png

(Twitter)

The sailors’ remains were found by Philippine troops off Mindanao, an island in southern Philippines, and the country’s military said Abu Sayyaf is responsible.

Abu Sayyaf is a radical Islamist group that had also attacked other sailors.

Duterte is known to make outrageous statements, as he has called former President Barack Obama the “son of a whore.”

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I don't know if that promise scares the ISIS crowd or not; but Duterte has proven to be as maniacal as they are.

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Philippines' Duterte sings love song for Trump: 'You are the light'

President performs surprise turn at a summit dinner in Manila, explaining it was ordered by the US leader

Trump hails ‘great relationship’ with Philippines’ Duterte

Reuters

Monday 13 November 2o17

President Rodrigo Duterte crooned a hit Filipino love song at a dinner in Manila for leaders from across Asia, explaining later that it was “on the orders of Donald Trump”.

The US president and Duterte were among 19 leaders at a gala in the Philippines capital on Sunday before the annual Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) summit. At one point Duterte took the microphone to sing Ikaw (You), in a duet with local pop diva Pilita Corralles.

One of the song’s verses, translated from Filipino, begins: “You are the light in my world, a half of this heart of mine.”

“Ladies and gentlemen, I sang uninvited, upon the orders of the commander-in-chief of the United States,” Duterte said later, according to the ABS-CBN news channel.

Duterte, who is sometimes described as the “Trump of the East” because of his brash style, was due to meet the US president on the sidelines of the summit on Monday.

The US and its former colony, the Philippines, have been strategic allies since the second world war. But their relations have been strained by anti-US outbursts from Duterte and his enthusiasm for better ties with Russia and China.

More than 3,900 Filipinos have been killed in a war on drugs that Duterte declared when he took office last year. His government says the police act in self-defence, but critics say executions are taking place with no accountability.

Duterte said last week he would tell the US president to “lay off” if he raised the issue of human rights when they met.

But Trump, who has been criticised at home for neglecting rights issues in dealings abroad, praised Duterte in May for doing an “unbelievable job on the drug problem”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...philippines-duterte-sings-love-song-for-trump

MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
Populist, protector, punisher, problematic — Rodrigo Duterte has been called many things over the years. But how did the Philippines' president rise to power in the first place? (via NowThis World)