People be very careful this virus is not done yet

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Feel for some family friends of ours.

The dad recently passed away from lung cancer (non smoker). He was sick these past 2 years.

My parents were lifetime friends of the mom & dad dating back nearly 50 years. Family is really private and guarded though, so they never got a chance to say goodbye to him (even from afar).

The family, dad included, got COVID back in May or early-June, so that certainly didn't help him physically while also compromised.

Their 2 kids locally have their own mental health issues to contend with, and their other child has been living abroad in Korea teaching English for the better part of the past decade. He was to fly home recently to grieve with the family, but can't as he too has COVID.

Everyone's vaxxed and boosted. Mom is close to 70. Kids are all early-30s or so.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

@easy_b

It is very interesting how so many powerful people will jump out to defend this white man

Telling the president of the United States to change the rules JUST for this one person

For a game.

But when it's ANYTHING for black folk?

From lynching laws, police brutality, Graber and Russia I don't see this much effort.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The shit won't go away. My wife's co-worker just got it and we had to cancel her birthday party. My nieces baby daddy's sister has it, and she's 8 months pregnant. Fucking crazy.

Got 3 pregnant women who got in in the last trimester

All the kids and mothers thank God are fine but we're born under weight.

easy_b

Look into my eyes you are getting sleepy!!!
BGOL Investor

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
White House declares monkeypox a public health emergency

Health and Human Services Secretary Xavier Becerra declared monkeypox a public health emergency during a call with reporters and officials Thursday, as monkeypox continues to surge throughout the United States. “We’re prepared to take our response to the next level in addressing this virus, and we urge every American to take monkeypox seriously and to take responsibility to help us tackle this virus,” said Becerra.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Red Cross beginning to screen blood donors for monkeypox

As monkeypox continues its relentless spread around the globe, organizations in the U.S. are taking steps to safeguard the nation’s blood supply. In addition to the temperature checks that are part of standard health screens for prospective donors, the American Red Cross is adding arm examinations to check for the distinctive lesions that are a hallmark of the disease. And beginning in October, the Red Cross will require individuals who have been diagnosed with monkeypox or exposed to someone with a monkeypox infection to wait at least 21 days before giving blood.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
@easy_b

Study: COVID-19 Rebound Can Happen Even in People Who Don’t Take Paxlovid
President Biden continues to test positive for COVID-19 again after his own rebound infection.

By Cecelia Smith-Schoenwalder
|
Aug. 3, 2022, at 4:41 p.m.

Clay Harris receives a COVID-19 test outside the Salt Lake County Health Department Friday, July 22, 2022, in Salt Lake City.(RICK BOWMER/AP)
Rebounds of COVID-19 symptoms can happen even in people who didn’t take antiviral treatment Paxlovid, according to a new study.

The study, which hasn’t been peer reviewed, found that 27% of study participants reported a rebound in COVID-19 symptoms within about a month of testing positive. It examined nearly 570 people who were not treated with Paxlovid.
Recommended Videos

“It happens all the time. People who are untreated with COVID who then feel better can get symptoms afterward,” study co-author Davey Smith of the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, told NBC News.

The study also found that 12% of participants experienced a “viral rebound,” meaning that the amount of virus in their systems dropped and then increased.

The authors wrote that while viral rebound or symptom relapse in the absence of antiviral treatment is “common,” having both a high level of viral and symptom rebound is “rare.”

COVID-19 rebounds captured the news recently after President Joe Biden tested positive again on Saturday after testing negative earlier last week. He completed a five-day course of Paxlovid, which has been known to lead to COVID-19 rebound in certain cases.
Biden continued to test positive on Wednesday, according to his doctor. The president is experiencing an “occasional cough” but he “continues to feel well,” according to Kevin O’Connor, Biden’s physician.

“He remains fever-free and in good spirits,” O’Connor wrote in Wednesday’s update.

Biden’s case comes after leading infectious disease expert Anthony Fauci also experienced rebound COVID-19 after taking Paxlovid in June.

Ashish Jha, the White House COVID-19 response coordinator, said that rebound cases don’t seem to lead to serious illness. He estimated that between 5-8% of Paxlovid users will see COVID-19 rebound.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

‘This thing is spreading. It’s here’: First Georgia woman with monkeypox speaks out about diagnosis

‘This thing is spreading. It’s here’: First Georgia woman with monkeypox speaks out about diagnosis

By Audrey Washington, WSB-TVAugust 04, 2022 at 7:33 pm EDT
COBB COUNTY, Ga. — Thursday, the Biden Administration declared the monkeypox virus a public health emergency.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there are more 6,000 cases nationwide.

In Georgia, there are 504 cases. Four of those cases are women.

Channel 2′s Audrey Washington
spoke with the first woman in Georgia to contract the virus.

“I’m in the healing stages. As you can see my face is starting to scab up,” said Camille Seaton. “I saw bumps break out and I kid you not, in this same array and I just thought it was a breakout.”

Seaton said the breakout, along with headaches, chills and fatigue didn’t go away.

She went to the emergency room and got tested.

“I waited on the results and it was positive. I had monkeypox,” Seaton said.

Infectious disease doctors said those currently impacted the most by the virus are gay or bisexual men.

Doctors also said anyone can contract the virus through close contact.

Seaton is a cashier and believes she likely caught monkeypox at work.

“I just want y’all to know that I did not do anything sexual to contract this disease. This thing is spreading. It’s here,” Seaton said.

Washington spoke with Dr. Jayne Morgan, executive director of the COVID-19 Task Force for Piedmont Healthcare Corporation, and asked her how transmissible the virus is and what, in addition to getting the vaccine, can people do to stay monkeypox-free.

“You can get it from sharing towels and sharing linens, if the person who used the towel or slept in that bed is infected with the monkeypox virus,” Morgan said. “The normal cleaning and disinfecting processes should be maintained.”

Seaton said she wants anyone who hears her story to take the virus seriously.

“These scars will fade, but you will forever notice,” Seaton said.

Seaton is still in isolation and out of work. She started a GoFundMe account to help with expenses.

easy_b

BGOL Investor

By Audrey Washington, WSB-TVAugust 04, 2022 at 7:33 pm EDT
COBB COUNTY, Ga. — Thursday, the Biden Administration declared the monkeypox virus a public health emergency.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there are more 6,000 cases nationwide.

In Georgia, there are 504 cases. Four of those cases are women.

Channel 2′s Audrey Washington
spoke with the first woman in Georgia to contract the virus.

“I’m in the healing stages. As you can see my face is starting to scab up,” said Camille Seaton. “I saw bumps break out and I kid you not, in this same array and I just thought it was a breakout.”

Seaton said the breakout, along with headaches, chills and fatigue didn’t go away.

She went to the emergency room and got tested.

“I waited on the results and it was positive. I had monkeypox,” Seaton said.

Infectious disease doctors said those currently impacted the most by the virus are gay or bisexual men.

Doctors also said anyone can contract the virus through close contact.

Seaton is a cashier and believes she likely caught monkeypox at work.

“I just want y’all to know that I did not do anything sexual to contract this disease. This thing is spreading. It’s here,” Seaton said.

Washington spoke with Dr. Jayne Morgan, executive director of the COVID-19 Task Force for Piedmont Healthcare Corporation, and asked her how transmissible the virus is and what, in addition to getting the vaccine, can people do to stay monkeypox-free.

“You can get it from sharing towels and sharing linens, if the person who used the towel or slept in that bed is infected with the monkeypox virus,” Morgan said. “The normal cleaning and disinfecting processes should be maintained.”

Seaton said she wants anyone who hears her story to take the virus seriously.

“These scars will fade, but you will forever notice,” Seaton said.

Seaton is still in isolation and out of work. She started a GoFundMe account to help with expenses.
She will be OK but people again stay away from large groups of white people I keep telling you guys that.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
She will be OK but people again stay away from large groups of white people I keep telling you guys that.

the thing as speaking to a near earlier in the week

It is NOT that easy to do

Cause its usually us who cleaning up after them.

And they were the first to start the whole I don't want to clean I don't want to social distance I don't want to wear a mask I don't want to wash my hands sh*t

easy_b

BGOL Investor
the thing as speaking to a near earlier in the week

It is NOT that easy to do

Cause its usually us who cleaning up after them.

And they were the first to start the whole I don't want to clean I don't want to social distance I don't want to wear a mask I don't want to wash my hands sh*t
This is why when school fully starts in a few weeks everywhere kids are going to be spreading this virus especially in white schools. We as humans seriously need to sit down and be still for a minute and let some of this shit pass by.

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
This is why when school fully starts in a few weeks everywhere keys are going to be spreading this virus especially in white schools. We as humans seriously need to sit down and be still for a minute and let some of this shit pass by.

this is exactly what she was saying!

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Ran some errands this morning and had to stop off at a bank
branch to do some paperwork re: transferring an account.

Glad to see all the staff and customers masked at branch opening. Everyone ages 30 - 80.

So used to going around now and everyone being carefree and overly relaxed. Still baffles me how many grocery store staff are unmasked and they’re around hundreds of customers daily. If I worked in that type of environment I would be much
more careful. Just off of GP dealing with so many random folks.

easy_b

BGOL Investor
Ran some errands this morning and had to stop off at a bank
branch to do some paperwork re: transferring an account.

Glad to see all the staff and customers masked at branch opening. Everyone ages 30 - 80.

So used to going around now and everyone being carefree and overly relaxed. Still baffles me how many grocery store staff are unmasked and they’re around hundreds of customers daily. If I worked in that type of environment I would be much
more careful. Just off of GP dealing with so many random folks.
People need to get used to the new world or they going to get dealt with by Mother Nature