Parallel dimensions/universes

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(The episodes are mislabeled. The posted order is correct.)

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
I believe that EVERY decision ever made creates another multiverse where the opposite decision was made. Nothing to back up my belief, just a possibility. Some realities the earth is dead from decisions that were made long ago.

That's a pretty common idea. I disagree with it. I don't think infinite universes means that every possible action is played out, like there's a universe where you become lovers with your sister, one where you marry your father, mother, brother, etc. I think that's a human-centric view similar to religion, going beyond man being at the center of the universe to infinite universes revolving around your every move. (The show Sliders definitely took that view, which I thought hampered the series.) More likely, you don't exist in the vast, vast majority of universes. Think about how unlikely it is that life would even occur on Earth. You as a human being existing in multiple timelines is less likely than a monkey randomly typing out the Bible with random keystrokes. So I don't think the idea of infinite universes requires or would involve playing out every alternate reality each person could experience-- that prospect just doesn't make sense to me.

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I believe that EVERY decision ever made creates another multiverse where the opposite decision was made. Nothing to back up my belief, just a possibility. Some realities the earth is dead from decisions that were made long ago.

I feel the same way

Snyckerbar76

Accidentally gave a fuck on Dec. 11, 2019.
BGOL Investor
Musically, I want to visit the universes where:
  • Big L, Guru, Heavy D, and Big Pun are still alive and making albums;
  • Flipmode Squad is still together and making albums;
  • Prince and Michael Jackson release "The Velvet Glove" mixtape every ten years;
  • Record label owners, producers, and distributors are 90% Black;
  • Lyricism and positivity remained the gold standard in rap;
  • Royalties are paid to all deserving hip-hop/rap artists whose works are sampled;
  • The Fat Boys became the spokesmen and jingle writers for the Five Guys restaurant chain; and
  • R. Kelly is best known for his Johnny Cash-style "At Folsom Prison" concerts because he got locked up way back in the mid-90's.
68947366_173402597046241_3267172562173607428_n.jpg

68801328_142643766996989_8599759559029625000_n.jpg

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
Billions of Galaxies yet people believe we are the only life form. Carbon based to be more precise. And there can't be a multiverse? Really?o_O We split the atom. Man science is amazing. Yet....some braindead mfs still believe the Earth is flat:rolleyes: FOH

I think it's beyond silly to suggest that there is only life on Earth in this vast, vast, super fucking vast universe.

There can be a multiverse but that's definitely debatable.

But the idea that what separates the universes is our individual actions is even sillier than the idea that there's no life in this universe outside of Earth. Like there's really a whole universe where the only point of departure is me not making this post on BGOL? There's a whole universe where the only difference is whether or not you pressed "like" on this post? Really? That's the type of man-centered logic that produced the Bible. We aren't that important. No more important than flies. I don't think people realize how many universes would be indistinguishable under this theory.

• Prince and Michael Jackson release "The Velvet Glove" mixtape every ten years;
  • Royalties are paid to all deserving hip-hop/rap artists whose works are sampled;
  • The Fat Boys became the spokesmen and jingle writers for the Five Guys restaurant chain; and
  • R. Kelly is best known for his Johnny Cash-style "At Folsom Prison" concerts because he got locked up way back in the mid-90's.

tajshan

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What if......................

When we die we just simply wake up in an alternate reality in that reality's version of ourself:idea:.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What if......................

When we die we just simply wake up in an alternate reality in that reality's version of ourself:idea:.

Or we're born again and live out our lives all over again possibly making the same decisions or alternating those decisions :dunno: :idea: :puzzled:

We could do a movie a cross between The Matrix and Chances Are

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I think it's beyond silly to suggest that there is only life on Earth in this vast, vast, super fucking vast universe.

There can be a multiverse but that's definitely debatable.

But the idea that what separates the universes is our individual actions is even sillier than the idea that there's no life in this universe outside of Earth. Like there's really a whole universe where the only point of departure is me not making this post on BGOL? There's a whole universe where the only difference is whether or not you pressed "like" on this post? Really? That's the type of man-centered logic that produced the Bible. We aren't that important. No more important than flies. I don't think people realize how many universes would be indistinguishable under this theory.

Dude it's just a theory... More science fiction (have you seen Sliders) than a theory. All we are doing is talking, nobody subscribes to this shyt!

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's a pretty common idea. I disagree with it. I don't think infinite universes means that every possible action is played out, like there's a universe where you become lovers with your sister, one where you marry your father, mother, brother, etc. I think that's a human-centric view similar to religion, going beyond man being at the center of the universe to infinite universes revolving around your every move. (The show Sliders definitely took that view, which I thought hampered the series.) More likely, you don't exist in the vast, vast majority of universes. Think about how unlikely it is that life would even occur on Earth. You as a human being existing in multiple timelines is less likely than a monkey randomly typing out the Bible with random keystrokes. So I don't think the idea of infinite universes requires or would involve playing out every alternate reality each person could experience-- that prospect just doesn't make sense to me.

Sorry I read your other reply first. But like I said none of this is a way of life, just a shyt ton of What If's while high once. And I did put believe in my original post. Belief isn't the right word that I should have used. What if...

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
There’s as many galaxies as grains of sand on every beach on earth . GALAXIES!!!! Galaxies that each have billions of planets. Do the fucking math. The odds of you having a twin in the universe somewhere are better than there not being any other life. There’s no doubt intelligent life somewhere

therealjondoe

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
68947366_173402597046241_3267172562173607428_n.jpg

68801328_142643766996989_8599759559029625000_n.jpg
Hold the fuck up. Who is that?

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
There’s as many galaxies as grains of sand on every beach on earth . GALAXIES!!!! Galaxies that each have billions of planets. Do the fucking math. The odds of you having a twin in the universe somewhere are better than there not being any other life. There’s no doubt intelligent life somewhere
Proof?

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Not disagreeing, but A LOT of things have to happen for life to spark and they all have to happen in succession a degree too hot that life is extinguished. Do I think there is life elsewhere? Yes but it is SOO much different than what we think of as life

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Not disagreeing, but A LOT of things have to happen for life to spark and they all have to happen in succession a degree too hot that life is extinguished. Do I think there is life elsewhere? Yes but it is SOO much different than what we think of as life
The odds are overwhelming, there’s an uncountable amount of galaxies that have billions and some trillion of planets in each one . Our own galaxy has life somewhere else in it. Humans always think they are some unique original creation. Reality is we probably ain’t shit and there are more advanced species all over the galaxy and whose to say everything evolved the same? There could be intelligent alien life that evolved breathing sulphuric air and drinks liquid methane like water.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The odds are overwhelming, there’s an uncountable amount of galaxies that have billions and some trillion of planets in each one . Our own galaxy has life somewhere else in it. Humans always think they are some unique original creation. Reality is we probably ain’t shit and there are more advanced species all over the galaxy and whose to say everything evolved the same? There could be intelligent alien life that evolved breathing sulphuric air and drinks liquid methane like water.

Like I said "different"

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered

Exactly.

That's why it's childish to think that there are 100 universes where life formed on Earth, Pangea split in the exact same pattern, Europeans conquered America beginning in 1492, Thomas Edison invented the lightbulb, Martin Luther King led the civil rights movement, Reagan beat Carter, Jordan pushed off and hit a game winner over Byron Russell, Obama served two terms... All of that evolved exactly the same but there's an entire universe that's different because I married Sally instead of Jessica. How fucking stupid and self-centered is that?

Infinite universes does not mean literally every possibility plays out. In most, there'd be no Earth or no life on Earth-- the differences are far more likely to be on that level than based on personal "what ifs" for each of the billions of people on this planet along with every dog, pig, frog, fly, etc.

Last edited:

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered
Dude it's just a theory... More science fiction (have you seen Sliders) than a theory. All we are doing is talking, nobody subscribes to this shyt!

Sorry I read your other reply first. But like I said none of this is a way of life, just a shyt ton of What If's while high once. And I did put believe in my original post. Belief isn't the right word that I should have used. What if...

Who are you to say "All we are doing is talking... none of this is a way of life, just a shyt ton of What If's while high once"? You don't speak for everyone else. Not everyone is just talking, some people are engaging in rational thought.

It's good to reconsider "beliefs" because not every brainfart is a worthy one. A lot of the thinking around parallel universes is just fantasy but it is possible to move beyond that. There's value in fiction and asking what if, but you make it out as if it is wrong to contemplate what actually is and what really could be beyond comic book shit.

I am not claiming to be an authority on the subject-- I am just putting my theory & logic out there and proposing that it makes a lot more sense than the conventional wisdom science fiction definition of parallel universes or dimensions that most people inherit and repeat.

Infinite universes does not mean literally every possibility plays out. In most, there'd be no Earth or no life on Earth-- the differences are far more likely to be on that level than based on personal "what ifs" for each of the billions of people on this planet along with every dog, pig, frog, fly, etc.

Last edited:

kain

Professional Bastard Bum
Platinum Member
Humans think they are smart enough to define like.
Assuming its carbon based or life needs water, etc.
I'm sure life is in different forms, intellect, parameters, and technological development.
We can't get to another planet yet to sustain ourselves.

Snyckerbar76

Accidentally gave a fuck on Dec. 11, 2019.
BGOL Investor
Also: Here's the reason I think every choice results in a branch of the universe: You know how lightning, nerve cells, trees, and galaxy clusters all share the same kinds of forked, branching patterns? Well, nature loves a winning strategy, so why can't time and space work the same way? Also, imagine these pine trees having a conversation:

tumblr_pxyj86JIGO1xlwoiio1_540.jpg

Tree #1: Dude.
Tree #2: What?
Tree #1: What if there were trees that only had two branches?
Tree #2: That's stupid. That's like saying there are trees with flat leaves growing just like us.
Tree #1: Yeah, you right. I'm just saying though... what if there were trees somewhere three times as tall and as wide as we both are?
Tree #2 (takes hit of psychedelic mushroom cluster growing at base): That's stupid. The ground couldn't even support a tree that big.

... and so on. I think we start hitting the limits of human brain processing power when we start looking at stuff past the fourth dimension and hypothesizing about parallel dimensions and what not, and that's another part of the reason I think there is a dimension for every choice made by any sentient creature (even if it collapses a split second after it forms). I'm loving this thread, though!

comment101

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Also: Here's the reason I think every choice results in a branch of the universe: You know how lightning, nerve cells, trees, and galaxy clusters all share the same kinds of forked, branching patterns? Well, nature loves a winning strategy, so why can't time and space work the same way? Also, imagine these pine trees having a conversation:

Tree #2: That's stupid. That's like saying there are trees with flat leaves growing just like us.
Tree #1: Yeah, you right. I'm just saying though... what if there were trees somewhere three times as tall and as wide as we both are?
Tree #2 (takes hit of psychedelic mushroom cluster growing at base): That's stupid. The ground couldn't even support a tree that big.

... and so on. I think we start hitting the limits of human brain processing power when we start looking at stuff past the fourth dimension and hypothesizing about parallel dimensions and what not, and that's another part of the reason I think there is a dimension for every choice made by any sentient creature (even if it collapses a split second after it forms). I'm loving this thread, though!

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Rembrandt Brown

Slider
Registered

How is that a winning strategy? 99% of these branch universes would be indistinguishable from one another. Entire universes based on billions of people showering for an extra minute or so, or getting up to piss a minute later, deciding whether or not to masturbate tonight, setting the temperature at 78 degrees rather than 77 or a dog chasing its tale one extra time. The differences between all the possible branches usually aren't the profound "Sliding Doors" scenario you'd imagine. You underestimate the number of entirely meaningless and utterly unimpactful decisions made by the billions of people and trillions (or more) of animals on this planet on a single day.

ORIGINAL NATION

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I am checking this out right now but a lot of stuff of this nature and more is explained to us coming from a white perspective. Some stuff about blacks are studied in secrecy and sometimes if is finally introduced to the masses who are not part of the click, but it is introduced from a white perspective.
We should realize that whole civilizations of blacks were wiped out so Satan (whites) could rule without being worried about God (the black man) waking up and taking the earth back from God.