Pacquiao prepares for 'no' from Mayweather Jr.

tp2001

Star
Registered
Roach's greatest strength as a trainer is knowing who his guy can beat and who would beat his ass. This niccas fighters are bitchmade when they need him to do all the talking for them.

That's why I hate (cock)Roach because he wouldn't place his fighters in front of anyone who could expose them...Khan and Pac are protected and it may be some time before they run into a fight where they are coming in as an underdog and don't have any stipulations placed against the other fighter...

tp2001

Star
Registered
Roach's greatest strength as a trainer is knowing who his guy can beat and who would beat his ass. This niccas fighters are bitchmade when they need him to do all the talking for them.

That's why I hate (cock)Roach because he wouldn't place his fighters in front of anyone who could expose them...Khan and Pac are protected and it may be some time before they run into a fight where they are coming in as an underdog and don't have any stipulations placed against the other fighter...

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
Pacquiao-Margarito: Manny To Demand 150-Pound Weight
-----------------------------
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=29542

WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao will request a catch-weight of 150-pounds when he moves up to the junior middleweight division to challenge Antonio Margarito for the vacant WBC title on November 13.

Pacquiao's attorney Franklin Gacal told the Manila Bulletin a catch-weight of "150-pounds" will be requested by the Filipino champion. The weight is four pounds below Margarito's current fighting weight and three pounds above Pacquiao' current fighting weight of 147. Pacquiao will be going for his eight divisional title.

Gacal says the catch-weight request is fair for the 5'11 Margarito, telling the paper - “Margarito is big and tall even at super welter.”

Mike Koncz, Pacquiao’s adviser, told the paper he is still in the United States working out the terms. Pacquiao has yet to approve the fight. Koncz will meet with Pacquiao in a few days to review the proposal for the Margarito fight.

“I’ll get what’s the best deal that I could get for Manny,” Koncz said.
----------------
I know this shit has been discussed on the thread already but I really don't feel like reading through all the posts. :D

This whole 'catch weight' bullshit is starting to get on my damn nerves, and I really believe Roach and Pac's camp are starting to abuse this shit! I am tired of reading how 'So and So is Big and tall for this weight class, etc' fuck it! If your lil ass is concerned about that shit then don't try to set fights with these Dudes! I really believe at this point, all of Manny's weight class titles should have a damn asterisk next to them because truthfully, this Dude is a joke when it comes to this topic! Understanding that you can come in what ever weight you want to up to the max weight at the weight in, these Clowns are now limiting fighters, i.e. causing them to a point dry up, because of the ability for fighters to rehydrate after the fight. It really causes some fighters to not really fight at their 'normal' weight and it has to have an affect. If this is for the Super Welter title, then Margarito should be able to come in at the weight limit! Fuck Roach, Fuck Manny and fuck this bullshit!!!! Smoke and Mirrors ass Niggas!! Legitimate fighters in history have won titles utilizing REAL weight class weights, that's why Dudes like Henry Armstrong get real props! I ain't spending a cent to watch this bullshit!!! :angry::angry:

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
Pacquiao-Margarito: Manny To Demand 150-Pound Weight
-----------------------------
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=29542

WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao will request a catch-weight of 150-pounds when he moves up to the junior middleweight division to challenge Antonio Margarito for the vacant WBC title on November 13.

Pacquiao's attorney Franklin Gacal told the Manila Bulletin a catch-weight of "150-pounds" will be requested by the Filipino champion. The weight is four pounds below Margarito's current fighting weight and three pounds above Pacquiao' current fighting weight of 147. Pacquiao will be going for his eight divisional title.

Gacal says the catch-weight request is fair for the 5'11 Margarito, telling the paper - “Margarito is big and tall even at super welter.”

Mike Koncz, Pacquiao’s adviser, told the paper he is still in the United States working out the terms. Pacquiao has yet to approve the fight. Koncz will meet with Pacquiao in a few days to review the proposal for the Margarito fight.

“I’ll get what’s the best deal that I could get for Manny,” Koncz said.
----------------
I know this shit has been discussed on the thread already but I really don't feel like reading through all the posts. :D

This whole 'catch weight' bullshit is starting to get on my damn nerves, and I really believe Roach and Pac's camp are starting to abuse this shit! I am tired of reading how 'So and So is Big and tall for this weight class, etc' fuck it! If your lil ass is concerned about that shit then don't try to set fights with these Dudes! I really believe at this point, all of Manny's weight class titles should have a damn asterisk next to them because truthfully, this Dude is a joke when it comes to this topic! Understanding that you can come in what ever weight you want to up to the max weight at the weight in, these Clowns are now limiting fighters, i.e. causing them to a point dry up, because of the ability for fighters to rehydrate after the fight. It really causes some fighters to not really fight at their 'normal' weight and it has to have an affect. If this is for the Super Welter title, then Margarito should be able to come in at the weight limit! Fuck Roach, Fuck Manny and fuck this bullshit!!!! Smoke and Mirrors ass Niggas!! Legitimate fighters in history have won titles utilizing REAL weight class weights, that's why Dudes like Henry Armstrong get real props! I ain't spending a cent to watch this bullshit!!! :angry::angry:

Didn't we call it? It's like Arum and Roach lurk on this board. We say it and then they do it. How fucking predictable. And Margarito, like Cotto, will have to go along because he needs the payday.
If Manny's not going to do random blood testing, Antonio should be allowed to wrap his hands at home before he gets to the arena (j/k).

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
The real reason why the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao fight hasn't occured....

http://eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=24535&more=1

Also, Roach is full of shit! Didn't Roach say prior to signing to fight Clottey was that Foreman was too tall and big for Manny to fight? I call bullshit because now, its ok to fight Margarito who is just as big and a harder puncher than Foreman?!?! What doesn't make sense makes a lot of sense... Roach played himself! What the truth is, as much as I like Manny, he has built his rep on fighting pretty much the same fighter! A straight ahead fighter who is easy to hit! Fighters who are counter punchers or movers give him fit, I.e. Marquez and he is clearly avoiding Floyd. The reason Roach didn't want to fight Foreman is because a tall, fluid boxer with height and reach would have humiliated Manny! Plus that lil joker only fights top rank fighter because its easy to get them to agree to this catchweight bullshit! Fuck Roach... he clearly exposed himself on this one!

Nobody

Rising Star
Registered
Do you have an extra chromosome or something, fighter A can come in at whatever weight he wants as long as it's within the weight limit, but when fighter A puts a limit on fighter B WITHIN a limit, it ceases being a true fight in said weight class. They limited Cotto, you have to know that it had some effect. Dude is already a legit cut up 154 his very next fight, c'mon Zef. I thought you knew more about actual boxing. He had to take off more weight and even a pound can make a big difference, especially if it's muscle weight you're burning off and not actual fat. Even Emmanuel doesn't believe Cotto felt good at that weight. Puerto Ricans are very prideful and will not make excuses unlike alot of other Latino "races", if there exists such a thing. Why didn't they limit Clottey in Pac's VERY NEXT FIGHT. Roach knew what he was doing and knew Cotto had no legs to negotiate on.

Whats funny is cats will accept Manny saying giving blood weakens him, but don't realize that losing a lb of muscle when you're already below your natural weight does a lot to a fighter.

merce77

Star
Registered
The real reason why the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao fight hasn't occured....

http://eastsideboxing.com/news.php?p=24535&more=1

Also, Roach is full of shit! Didn't Roach say prior to signing to fight Clottey was that Foreman was too tall and big for Manny to fight? I call bullshit because now, its ok to fight Margarito who is just as big and a harder puncher than Foreman?!?! What doesn't make sense makes a lot of sense... Roach played himself! What the truth is, as much as I like Manny, he has built his rep on fighting pretty much the same fighter! A straight ahead fighter who is easy to hit! Fighters who are counter punchers or movers give him fit, I.e. Marquez and he is clearly avoiding Floyd. The reason Roach didn't want to fight Foreman is because a tall, fluid boxer with height and reach would have humiliated Manny! Plus that lil joker only fights top rank fighter because its easy to get them to agree to this catchweight bullshit! Fuck Roach... he clearly exposed himself on this one!

Whats funny is cats will accept Manny saying giving blood weakens him, but don't realize that losing a lb of muscle when you're already below your natural weight does a lot to a fighter.

This whole shit just makes me give thanks for Streamtorrent and TVAnts and all the other stream programs/sites that have enabled me to not pay for a fight in about 4 years, this is just straight bullshit.:angry::angry::smh:

conspiracy Bro

Rising Star
Registered
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d9K5lZM9jvs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d9K5lZM9jvs&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Apareerma

wannabe star
Registered
Pacquiao prepares for no from Mayweather Jr

This is a packman win win. Floyd is faster and has running shoes. Pack is slower but he is not slow by any means.

Pack man has power, floyd does not, he has less than 50 KO and packman has over 75 if i recall. Floyd likes to run backwards, he does not advance. During the cotto fight when cotto put on his jordans, he started going backwards. Packman did what every fighter should have but never had against floyd, he stopped in the middle of the ring and let the runner come to him. And thats how you beat floyd.

ONly one dude has beat floyd for 6 rounds until he tired out and that was zab juda. Juda was just as fast if not faster than floyd which is why he was able to keep up with him. Floyd has awsome defense, thats his style. Packman adapts to everything from what ive scene so far.

Mayweather stronger but not as far as tossing a punch.

merce77

Star
Registered
Re: Pacquiao prepares for no from Mayweather Jr

This is a packman win win. Floyd is faster and has running shoes. Pack is slower but he is not slow by any means.

Pack man has power, floyd does not, he has less than 50 KO and packman has over 75 if i recall. Floyd likes to run backwards, he does not advance. During the cotto fight when cotto put on his jordans, he started going backwards. Packman did what every fighter should have but never had against floyd, he stopped in the middle of the ring and let the runner come to him. And thats how you beat floyd.

ONly one dude has beat floyd for 6 rounds until he tired out and that was zab juda. Juda was just as fast if not faster than floyd which is why he was able to keep up with him. Floyd has awsome defense, thats his style. Packman adapts to everything from what ive scene so far.

Mayweather stronger but not as far as tossing a punch.

ostrich-hotlinks.jpg

You're commentary isn't totally bad though, what Floyd will do is what Manny can't handle - he'll push Manny back, he's the much stronger guy. Manny has problems with the very type of fighter Floyd is - a sharp pinpoint counterpuncher, look at what Marquez did to Manny. Floyd will have his problems with Manny - for a lil while, then it will be all Floyd. He'll be knocking Manny around the ring the same way Marquez did in their second fight.