Official STAR WARS:THE FORCE AWAKENS discussion thread

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
For those going to the early showings tonight as well as the official premiere tomorrow..all spoilers,etc should go in this thread only

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
Just leaving this here so I can find the thread easily. I'm going to a 5pm showing tomorrow.

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm not playing to see the film for about two or 3 weeks on a early Thursday afternoon. Going to watch that shit in peace.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
cdcqolnlhwxedsjzrgzc.gif

3708458-star_wars_legends_image_626.jpg

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Saw it tonight in 3D. I liked it, but it really wasn't what I expected. Better than the Prequels but a close 3rd with Return of the Jedi (behind Episode V & IV respectfully).

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
saw it liked it nice homage to the original which really highlighted the flaws of the prequels.

good movie making with a tried and true plot line/device.

ankhheru

BGOL Investor
Just saw it. It was good but why couldn't the brother be a Jedi? Also I think the girl is Luke's daughter.

ankhheru

BGOL Investor
You could be correct..

also it appears he could be simping for her in the next movie,assuming they dont pull any love triangle BS with him,Rey and Poe

as for THAT scene..saw it coming a mile away
I think he will be her love interest and that could be the reason white people were up in arms about his role.
If he's not a Jedi, than I'm not as interested in seeing the movie. Does he at least play a heroic character or more of a sidekick?
Yeah he does. Without him they would not have been able to stop the bad guys. Hell without him Rey would not have won against Solo's son.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I think he will be her love interest and that could be the reason white people were up in arms about his role.
Yeah he does. Without him they would not have been able to stop the bad guys. Hell without him Rey would not have won against Solo's son.

I thought white people were up in arms because we all thought he would be a Jedi aka the main hero/focus of the movie. I'm guessing white people really will love this movie now and they'll get bonus points for having a strong white female without her being a sexual object.

ankhheru

BGOL Investor
I thought white people were up in arms because we all thought he would be a Jedi aka the main hero/focus of the movie. I'm guessing white people really will love this movie now and they'll get bonus points for having a strong white female without her being a sexual object.

Grand scheme of things it was/is a great bait and switch.
You could be right on both instances but I would have never thought that a "non force" individual would have been able to activate a light saber. Especially one that belonged to Vader and Skywalker.

younggiftedandblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Han Solo activates Luke's lightsaber in The Empire Strikes Back to cut open the TaunTaun.

Fin is heroic even though he shows uncertainty and fear at times. However he's not the kick-ass type of hero I think many people wanted to see, like Poe. If this was a real life dating scenario Poe would be the tough get it done dude who gets the chick, while Fin get's friend-zoned.

bwb

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Han Solo activates Luke's lightsaber in The Empire Strikes Back to cut open the TaunTaun.

Fin is heroic even though he shows uncertainty and fear at times. However he's not the kick-ass type of hero I think many people wanted to see, like Poe. If this was a real life dating scenario Poe would be the tough get it done dude who gets the chick, while Fin get's friend-zoned.

Fin and han solo activate the light saber by the button, but the chick used the force to turn it on. she must be some kind of force genius though. Bitch had no training and was doing jedi mind tricks and out force grabbing the lightsaber from dude. It took luke until ESB to do that.

Fin is a good character. Strong (he overcame the mindwashing and broke Poe out by himself etc, had the balls to fight someone who he knew was way out of his league, etc)

The plot feels like a rehash of 4-6 to me. But, I like it better than any of the prequels easily.