Official Samsung S24 phone series. UPDATE: FOLD 6 ON THE WAY

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Forgot to say this. It has to be the recent youtube update cause I didn't update youtube on an older phone and have no issues at all. Too bad can't roll back updates or can I?
you can rollback the app- but you'll have to get the previous version outside of the play store

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Yeah I just upgraded last week on the flip 4, but I still have 5 on the s22. I don't like the clock face tho. It seems bulkier and less refined/elegant. I selected the same face. It pisses me off every time I look at it. I only checked out one or two videos before I upgraded. I saw comments that icons were bigger and thew off the screen, but my icons were fine.

I was wondering if they put anything in to mask the icons, but I haven't dug into the features yet.
ok - install good lock
use theme park - and you'll be able to cherry pick icons from the icon packs you own
and or convert photos into icons
and or get someone good with photoshop to customize your icons to match up with the icon pack you like

were you using clockface to customize your clock?

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
ok - install good lock
use theme park - and you'll be able to cherry pick icons from the icon packs you own
and or convert photos into icons
and or get someone good with photoshop to customize your icons to match up with the icon pack you like

were you using clockface to customize your clock?

No. I was just using the built in settings. I just compared both phones, they added more font options, and changed the existing ones. I hope they undo that and fix the at a glance widget.

I already use theme park and can pick and choose icons across icon packs. The problem I have is if there isn't an icon for my app, the system doesn't auto generate one like my beloved ( @TimRock ) Blackberry did. I can make it into any shape, but it won't have the glass effect to match the other icons. I also have a Motorola back up that masks the icons to match the theme. If I use a 3rd party launcher I can do it, but I don't want to use a launcher.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The problem I have is if there isn't an icon for my app, the system doesn't auto generate one like my beloved ( @TimRock ) Blackberry did. I can make it into any shape, but it won't have the glass effect to match the other icons. I also have a Motorola back up that masks the icons to match the t
yeah - there is no auto generate for the non system icons
but you can now edit the icons in photoshop or similar program and import them - or create an icon from scratch
maybe one of the sig masters on the board can whip up some icons with the glass effect you want

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
yeah - there is no auto generate for the non system icons
but you can now edit the icons in photoshop or similar program and import them - or create an icon from scratch
maybe one of the sig masters on the board can whip up some icons with the glass effect you want

I've calmed down since then. I don't get pissed seeing the icons anymore. It might take me a min to get over this clock font tho. :lol:

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
S22 Ultra as well...Best Buy hit me off for $800 (through Verizon). It would have been 1K but I didnt want to change my phone plan. Plus a $150 gift card from Best Buy. To me the camera is worth the upgrade, throw in that snapdragon 3 chip compared to to what you have in the s22 you def gonna notice it.
I just did the T-mobile jump upgrade trade in. :yes:

zenVmn.jpg

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Bruh I have no idea what you talking bout
ok - you'll have to force stop youtube and then uninstall updates by pressing on the 3 dots under App Info

Screenshot-20240118-233521-Settings.jpg

Screenshot-20240118-233601-Settings.jpg

then you can use the link Camille posted to download a previous version - but iirc you will have to use a pc to install the app on your phone

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Anyone know how much better the S24 ultra is over the note 20 ultra? I'm tempted to buy the S24U but if it's not significantly better I might wait.
s24 ultra is a pretty significant upgrade from the note 20 ultra
start with getting Android 14 + One UI 6
plus quite a few new AI features

Last edited:

Peacemaker213

Rising Star
Registered
What features matter the most to you? Cameras, battery life, screen resolution, etc?
Battery life and cameras. The note has been great but it's pushing 4 years. I was going to wait for the S25U but that's a probably fall/winter 24. I might just pull the trigger on the 1tb. Wish they still took memory cards but it is what it is.

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
Battery life and cameras. The note has been great but it's pushing 4 years. I was going to wait for the S25U but that's a probably fall/winter 24. I might just pull the trigger on the 1tb. Wish they still took memory cards but it is what it is.
S25 will probably drop around this save time next year

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
7 years guaranteed updates. What kind of updates, who knows? Currently all phones only give you 3 updates to their OS. At least apple, google, and samsung. IDK about the minnows.

So that's something. I can upgrade from my 23Ultra for $250. Tempting but I'll wait.

TimRock

BGOL Investor
7 years guaranteed updates. What kind of updates, who knows? Currently all phones only give you 3 updates to their OS. At least apple, google, and samsung. IDK about the minnows.

So that's something. I can upgrade from my 23Ultra for $250. Tempting but I'll wait.
7 years of birth security and OS updates. Both Google and Samsung now offer 7.

BlueDevils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Screenshot-20240120-134730-Instagram.jpg

Screenshot-20240120-134953-Firefox.jpg

this was the deal I was going to rock with at first. Got all the way to the end and then the lady was like yeah "you will need to activate a new line now"..I was like why? She said I needed a new line "for my watch and tablet"...
I was like I dont need a line for either but THAT is the deal. So I said f tall that and went to Best Buy and got basically the same exact deal and $150.00 gift card and kept it moving. Out the door I paid $254.00 for the upgrade from a S22 Ultra

TimRock

BGOL Investor
Anybody get theirs yet? Got the Ultra yesterday. Definitely feels a little wider and heftier. The screen is certainly brighter as well. Haven't messed around with the AI features yet, but will get to that this weekend.