OFFICIAL NBA SUMMER PLAYER MOVEMENT thread

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
the fakers moved quickly, dropping william parker.

with shaun livingston injured and sam cassell getting another year older, will the clippers pick up william parker to compete with jason hart for the PG position?

Lakers push Smush out the door

12:02 AM PDT on Saturday, May 5, 2007

Broderick Turner

EL SEGUNDO - The Lakers already have made one decision, and that was to let Smush Parker know he won't be back next season.

"Smush is not someone that we are going to actively seek out to come back and play with us," Phil Jackson said Friday.

Parker started 162 straight games for the Lakers before he lost his job with two games left in the regular season; he didn't play much in the playoffs. His attitude had been questioned by the staff and his teammates.

A free agent as of July 1, Parker regressed in his second year in LA. He shot worse from the field (.436) and free-throw line (.646), and his points (11.1), assists (2.8), rebounds (2.5) and steals (1.5) all were down.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Will the Nuggets bite the bullet and sign both Camby and Steve Blake?

Who takes over in Houston..and how will they get more athletics?

BTW, I can see Smush in Houston

anyway, Will the Knicks try to pagage something togehter for K.G.?

Knicks Monitoring O'Neal & Garnett Situations
6th May, 2007 - 7:01 pm
Newsday -
"The Knicks already are monitoring Garnett's situation closely, as well they should," writes Ken Berger of Newsday. "Despite saying he's not looking to make major changes, Thomas also is focusing on Indiana's Jermaine O'Neal, perhaps even more so than Garnett."

Berger advocates the Knicks sending a talent and pick package for Garnett. He states that Isiah Thomas would consider parting with David Lee to bring Garnett to New York. "Even if Minnesota demanded David Lee as part of the deal for Garnett, it apparently wouldn't be a deal-breaker for Thomas," reveals Berger, "nor should it be."

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
Only way Knicks get KG or O'Neal is if they're free agents.
The Boston triumverate of McHale, Bird and Ainge are still
imposing their embargo against Isiah. Even though Isiah does
his damnedest to make peace with them faggots

Besodes...there is only ONE move Isiah has to make to get
this team to the next level. And it doesn't involve adding
any personnel. Only subtracting one

I hear the Lakers have a spot open for a PG
:rolleyes:

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
an article by Sam Smith of the Chicago Tribune

linkage...

Shaq, anyone?

Yes, Shaquille O'Neal is the 800-pound elephant in the room. No one really wants to talk about it, but the Heat's main issue is the decline of O'Neal with three years left on his contract at $20 million per season.

Heat coach Pat Riley in his post-series comments said he was to blame for what he called the "pervasive" attitude of the veterans that the team could turn it on at any time. Hmm, wonder whom he meant. Riley said it would have been "a mockery" if the Heat had defeated the Bulls.

"It would have sent the wrong message. We didn't do anything the right way this year," Riley said. Then he added: "If he wants to give back $10 million and play half the season, fine." Wonder again whom he meant.

Miami insiders said not only was O'Neal indifferent to the regular season, as usual, and this time had knee surgery, but he'd even go so far as to tell teammates not to bother with defense, apparently to not make his own indifference look bad. The Heat's options seem limited with a huge payroll, and O'Neal remains a popular figure fans pay to see. But they don't pay to see Miami lose like it did.

Have they had enough?

Despite O'Neal's presence and reputation, he'll turn 36 next season. Frankly, it's difficult to see many teams that would even take a chance on him.

And then there is Dallas, which is where Shaq wanted to go when he was breaking up with the Lakers.

In losing to the Warriors in the first round, it seemed clear what the Mavericks and Dirk Nowitzki most needed was someone to take the pressure off. Could Shaq be that guy?

Mavs owner Mark Cuban said they are not panicking or breaking up the team, but time will tell. Miami needs a major overhaul. Would Dallas panic and take a last shot with Shaq? Maybe for Erick Dampier, Devin Harris and a sign-and-trade with Jerry Stackhouse to give the Heat some life again? It does seem farfetched. But it has been a half-century since both finalists from the previous year went out in the first round. And it didn't look like either could win.

Nowitzki's fold against the Warriors brought to mind David Robinson in 1995. He was the MVP that season and accepted his award as he was being dominated in the conference finals by Hakeem Olajuwon. The Spurs began to fade after that with Robinson a year older than Nowitzki is now. The label of being soft and unable to come up big and finish began to stick to Robinson until Duncan came along and Robinson settled into an ancillary role and got two championships. You figure Nowitzki needs someone like that. Shaq?

Remember Garnett?
Or what about my deal from two years ago? I thought I was way ahead of the curve on this one, and if the Mavs could have closed Game 3 of the Finals last year we'd never be talking about it. Seeing the Mavs then as an offensive team that couldn't win, I suggested a Nowitzki-for-Kevin Garnett swap. Nowitzki soon will be named the league's MVP. The general sentiment in Dallas is he has to go. The Dallas Morning News reported there were two fans at the airport when the Mavs' plane arrived from Oakland.

The general consensus is that the Lakers, with Kobe Bryant apoplectic about change (and I can't blame him), will make a big-time play for Garnett, who lives in Malibu and is friendly with Bryant. Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak seemed to concede prospect Andrew Bynum and everyone else but Bryant is available, though friends of Garnett insist he won't seek a trade and the Timberwolves, losing millions, will keep him and then save his salary if he leaves.

"Do something and do it now," said Bryant, who is an old 28, having come in as a teenager and having played in 131 playoff games (Michael Jordan had played in 70 playoff games at the same age). "We are going on three years of still being on ground zero. When I re-signed here, they promised they would build a contender and build a contender now. I don't want to have to wait anymore."

Option B is said to be Indiana's Jermaine O'Neal. But sources say O'Neal already has told the Pacers he wants to be traded to the Knicks and former Pacers coach and close friend Isiah Thomas. Would the Pacers take Stephon Marbury or maybe a package with Steve Francis, Jared Jeffries and Channing Frye and the Bulls' first-round pick, which the Knicks own in the swap?

And would Minnesota now swap Garnett for Nowitzki? That would give Dallas the tough guy they feel they need after shriveling up for the Warriors, and it would give the Timberwolves a star and a good guy.

If the Lakers fail, Bryant has an opt-out after the 2008-09 season and the Bulls could be well under the salary cap by then.

Bryant told me he was serious about going to the Bulls before he re-signed with the Lakers, and highly regards the Bulls' organization and the way the team is being built. He's one player who has no fear of stepping into the Jordan legacy. In fact, he'd likely embrace it.

"I hate to even think about me going someplace else," Bryant said.

But he could, if all else fails.

Last edited:

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor
^^^^^

Shaq to Dallas?

KG to LA?

KG to Dallas?

Kobe to Chicago?

All types of shit going on in that article.

Will be interested to see where Jermaine Oneil and KG end up if they get moved

RunawaySlave

Zeitgeist
BGOL Investor
David Robinson soft?? No way.
He may have had flaws in his game, but he was NOT
in the soft category of Keith Van Homo or Jerk Nitwitski,
who is 7 ft tall and NEVER even guards an opposing
power forward. Forget about a center

If Jerk was around playing center when Roibinson was
in his prime, SA would've had more than 3 titles

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
RunawaySlave said:
David Robinson soft?? No way.
He may have had flaws in his game, but he was NOT
in the soft category of Keith Van Homo or Jerk Nitwitski,
who is 7 ft tall and NEVER even guards an opposing
power forward. Forget about a center

If Jerk was around playing center when Roibinson was
in his prime, SA would've had more than 3 titles

As much as I hate David Robinson, I never thought he was soft. He was a finesse player that didn't draw as much contact as say, Patrick Ewing or Hakeem. Dirk is soft as hell though.

Dirk gets taken completely out of his game when he is played physical by another player. That is the problem with Euuro players. THey are robotic and have pet moves. If those pet moves are taken away, they can't create on their own.

Cuban was smart enough to put a decent amount of athletic players around Dirk to compensate, they weren't as athletic as the Warriors team, but that is another post.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Hill Likely To Choose Between Orlando, Detroit And Phoenix
8th May, 2007 - 1:05 pm
Detroit News -
Grant Hill will likely chose between the Pistons, Suns and Magic if he decides to postpone his retirement.

Hill will likely wait several weeks, if not months, to make a decision

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Riley: 'We Are Not Trading Shaq'
9th May, 2007 - 5:06 pm
RealGM -
Pat Riley issued a statement on Wednesday in regards to the possibility of the Miami Heat trading center Shaquille O'Neal.

"Amongst growing speculation in the media, in reference to Shaq, I want to set the record straight and say that we are not trading Shaq."

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
O'Neal says he isn't demanding trade
/ Associated Press
Posted: 33 minutes ago

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Jermaine O'Neal respects the Indiana Pacers too much to demand a trade, despite his frustrations over missing the playoffs for the first time in his seven seasons with the team.

O'Neal said in an interview Wednesday that he has spoken with Pacers CEO Donnie Walsh once since the season ended, but trade talk never entered the conversation. He said there is nothing to reports that he's pushing to be reunited with his old coach Isiah Thomas at the New York Knicks.
"That's just somebody that's putting out speculation," O'Neal told The Associated Press. "That didn't come from the Pacers, and that didn't come from me."

O'Neal, who underwent knee surgery two weeks ago, has been the subject of trade talk since the Pacers (35-47) missed the playoffs for the first time in 10 years.

O'Neal averaged 19.4 points, 9.6 rebounds and 2.6 blocks in one of the best seasons of his 11-year career, but he's the team's top commodity if it chooses to rebuild.

The Pacers have fired coach Rick Carlisle.

O'Neal was close to Thomas when he coached the Pacers, before he was fired four years ago in favor of Carlisle. O'Neal acknowledges that he could be traded but denied a Chicago Tribune report that he had made such a request.

"They gave me the opportunity to build my name and status in this league," O'Neal said of the Pacers. "It's disrespectful to them to be commenting about it. I haven't made any demands or anything like that.

"There's not going to be anymore speculation," he said. "It's all going to be false speculation. I'm going to let the process take its course."

O'Neal grew frustrated with the Pacers struggles during the season. During the team's 11-game losing streak late in the season, the normally accommodating star stopped speaking to reporters.

The Pacers entered the season with high hopes. But after a mediocre start, they made an eight-player trade in January that included Al Harrington and Stephen Jackson going to the Golden State Warriors for Mike Dunleavy and Troy Murphy. The adjustment to new players and injuries to O'Neal, swingman Marquis Daniels and point guard Jamaal Tinsley took a toll, and Indiana went 15-29 after the trade.

Despite that, O'Neal said after the season that the Pacers "will win" if they put the right pieces around him in the offseason.

O'Neal said he's feeling good after having surgery to repair the torn meniscus in his left knee that left him hobbled the last two months of the season.

"I'm doing great," he said. "There's still some swelling from the operation, but it's gone down significantly. I'm ahead of schedule, and my strength is coming back to normal."

O'Neal said he plans to start riding a stationary bike soon and expects his rehab to be complete in about a month. From there, he plans to swim to give the knee additional strength and improve his overall conditioning.

He wouldn't mind wearing a Pacers uniform after recovering, but he's ready to move on if he's traded.

"If it comes down to me being the piece they need to retool, so be it," he said. "I stand behind Donnie. I'm going to let him determine the situation."

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Rivers Receives Extension From Boston
10th May, 2007 - 6:51 pm
RealGM -
The Boston Celtics announced today that they have extended the contract of Head Coach Glenn “Doc” Rivers. Per team policy, terms of the deal were not disclosed.

“Doc is a leader and I have all the confidence in the world in Doc as coach of the Celtics. With Doc as our coach we have the continuity that is crucial in the development of the franchise.” Danny Ainge said, Celtics Executive Director of Basketball Operations.

Rivers just completed his third season with the Celtics and has amassed a record of 102-144. Rivers earned his first coaching win with the Celtics on November 6, 2004 against the New York Knicks in Madison Square Garden with a 107-73 victory. Rivers recorded his 100th Celtics coaching win against the Orlando Magic on March 28, 2007 in a 105-96 double-overtime victory.

In his first season with the Celtics, Rivers led the Celtics to their first Atlantic Division title since the 1991-92 season. During the 2005 Playoffs under Rivers, the Celtics battled with the Indiana Pacers but were ultimately defeated in the seventh game of the first round.

“I am happy to be the Head Coach of the Boston Celtics . Moving forward I am more determined to move this franchise in the right direction and I believe that I can do that.” Rivers said. [READ]

Havoc

Support BGOL
Registered
The off-season is going to be even more exciting than it was three years ago when The Diesel was traded. I'm very curious to see what happens with KG. Of course I hope he goes to the Lakers, but we'll see.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
Friday, May 25, 2007
Updated: May 26, 8:50 PM ET
Sonics forward Lewis opts for free agency

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com news services

In late February, Rashard Lewis rejected a two-year, $25 million contract extension from the Seattle SuperSonics. Months later, Lewis has taken his rejection a step further.
Lewis has officially opted out of the final two years of his contract on Friday so he can become an unrestricted free agent, as first reported by KRIV in Houston on Friday.

Tony Dutt, Lewis' agent, has made Seattle aware of his client's decision.

"He has decided to opt out and he'll be an unrestricted free agent July 1st," Dutt said, according to KRIV. "We had to do it in writing which we have done already."

The Sonics have one advantage over the rest of the NBA with Lewis now in free agency: They are the only team who can offer him a six-year contract.

"It was in his contract that he could become a free agent. And you can't blame him for wanting to see what's out there," Sonics president of basketball operations Lenny Wilkens said last month. "But that won't stop us from trying to get it done."

When asked if he has been negotiating with the Sonics, despite Seattle not having a general manager or a coach right now, Dutt said, "We've been in contact [with Wilkens]. We'll probably stay in contact on and off until July 1."

Lewis

Lewis, who has spent his entire nine-year NBA career with the Sonics, opted out of the seven-year, $60M deal he signed before the 2003-2004 season. That means Lewis is walking away from $21M in guaranteed money over the next two years.
In doing so, he becomes one of the NBA's most attractive free agents this summer. The market will include Chauncey Billups, Gerald Wallace and possibly Vince Carter -- if Carter does what Lewis did and opts of out his contract with the New Jersey Nets.

"He's earned that right to be at the top of the market," Dutt said. "I think teams will move pretty quickly to sign him [after July 1]. He is about the top free agent out there."

The 6-foot-10 forward is coming off a career-best year despite missing 22 games with a hand injury. Lewis averaged 22.4 points and 6.6 rebounds a game last season.

"He's excited. At the same time he wants to win. He puts in the time himself and he wants his teammates to do the same. He's just looking for an opportunity, whether he stays in Seattle or if he was to move, to be in a situation where he has an opportunity to win every night," Dutt said.

"I'm excited about where I stand in the NBA," Lewis said last month, immediately after his ninth season in Seattle ended in a 31-51 mess. He turns 28 in August.

Lewis could get offers of five years for perhaps $15 million per year. He said he will give Seattle first opportunity to give him a sweet deal.

"Oh, yeah. I've been here since the team drafted me [in 1998]. They have faith in me," Lewis said last month.

"My heart will always be here -- even if I play somewhere else."

The 2005 All-Star returned from his six-week absence last season to lead the team while All-Star shooter Ray Allen was injured.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
New Staples center for Kobe?
by: Marc Stein
posted: Monday, May 28, 2007 | Feedback | Print Entry

I've heard nothing in the last month to sway me from the belief that Indiana's Jermaine O'Neal is the most realistic trade target for L.A. -- much more realistic than Jason Kidd or Kevin Garnett -- no matter who in the Lakers' front office is doing the chasing.

If O'Neal leaves Indy, everyone knows Kobe's Lakers and Isiah Thomas' Knicks are the teams he'd love to join.

Kobe Bryant remains equally geeked about hooking up with a younger O'Neal, who has been his close friend since they were drafted into the league together in 1996.

The Pacers, meanwhile, are open to moving Jermaine, according to NBA front-office sources.

What kind of package can the Lakers assemble? Lamar Odom (shoulder) and Kwame Brown (ankle) might be coming off surgeries when next season begins, but Odom's talent and Brown's expiring contract still make them attractive trade commodities . . . along with young center Andrew Bynum and L.A.'s decent first-round pick (No. 19) in the June draft. The Pacers, at present, have no first-round pick next month.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Follow up on the Jermain O'Neal to LA rumor:

JERMAINE, KOBE MAY TEAM UP
By PETER VECSEY
PrintEmailDigg ItStory Bottom

May 31, 2007 -- Kobe Bryant's steady squawking over the last 96 hours about his cheerless existence as a Laker (since re-signing with the team in July of '04) to anybody flashing a media credential or offering a live mike thankfully appears to be almost over.

The Post has learned a championship-caliber collaborator should soon be coming to Kobe's - the city's and the team's - emotional rescue. How poetically peculiar that the player's last name is O'Neal, as in Jermaine, not Shaquille!

Interestingly, the teammates-in-waiting were chosen four spots apart in the '96 draft: Kobe No. 13 by the then Charlotte Hornets; Jermaine No. 17 by the Blazers.

Within the last week, the Pacers and Lakers have laid the groundwork for a trade that would certainly placate both sorrowful All-Stars. L.A. inquired about O'Neal - another fake franchise player pocketing maximum money on the prowl for someone to save him from losing. And was told he was available. Indiana let it be known the Lakers have ample assets (players and/or picks) to make a fair deal.

No specifics were delivered. No negotiating has been done. Still, Lamar Odom would have to be the principal of the package in order to adhere to NBA trade specifications. He's currently on the Laker salary cap for $12,348,596 and has two seasons remaining at 900G per raises.

O'Neal earns Kobe-like numbers: $18,084M this season, and has three remaining at $19.728M, $21.372 and 23,016M. Kobe has an out after two more seasons. Should he exercise it to become a free agent, he'dHe also expressed hope at being a Laker for life. leave $47.8M on the table.

Surely Andrew Bynum ($2.030M/$2.172M/$2.769M) must be included as well. I can't see the Pacers parting with a 7-footer without getting one back.

Obviously, this very real swap talk is why Kobe's blithering abruptly ceased late yesterday afternoon.

For days, he'd avoided returning phone calls from the Lakers. Yet, soon after demanding unequivocally to be traded while a guest on Stephen A. Smith's radio show, Kobe spoke to Jackson, who unquestionably clued him in to what's going on.

A couple hours later, Kobe was back on ESPN telling Dan Patrick he hoped his "quality help issue" could be worked out.

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
i can understand why fakers fans are interested in KG. that's a no brainer.

but why jermaine o'neal?

jermaine o'neal hasn't played 70 games or more in a season since 2004.

jermaine o'neal and baron davis have played about the same number of games in the past 3 seasons.

on the plus side, jermaine o'neal is a strong rebounder and shot blocker (when he's healthy), but he has an oddly POOR FG% for a big man, and his scoring average has decreased over the past 3 seasons, EVEN THOUGH HIS MP have increased.

but oh well, whatever makes fakers fans happy.

one more thing. if the fakers DO acquire jermaine o'neal from the indiana pacers, it will only be a matter of time before they start scapegoating the potential PGs (jordan farmar and shammond williams)?

cranrab

Star
BGOL Investor
ROLLIE FINGAZ,

i tried to think about the numbers a bit, and i couldn't come up with a jermaine o'neal deal that made the money work. i know you be using realgm in your posts sometimes. what can you come up with (that also makes a little sense according to the needs of each team)?

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
cranrab said:
ROLLIE FINGAZ,

i tried to think about the numbers a bit, and i couldn't come up with a jermaine o'neal deal that made the money work. i know you be using realgm in your posts sometimes. what can you come up with (that also makes a little sense according to the needs of each team)?

Oh, BOY...a challenge....

Indiana Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Jermaine O'Neal
6-11 C from Eau Claire (HS)
19.4 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 2.4 apg in 35.7 minutes

Golden State Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Jason Richardson
6-6 SG from Michigan State
16.0 ppg, 5.1 rpg, 3.4 apg in 32.9 minutes

Adonal Foyle
6-10 C from Colgate
2.2 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 0.4 apg in 10.0 minutes

2007 Draft #18 Pick
0-0 from
No games yet played in 2006/07

2007 Draft #36 Pick
0-0 from

2007 Draft #46 Pick
0-0 from

Successful Scenario
Due to Indiana and Golden State being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and Golden State had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Trade ID#3875511.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Phoenix Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Shawn Marion
6-7 PF from UNLV
17.5 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 1.7 apg in 37.6 minutes

2007 Draft #24 Pick
0-0 from

2007 Draft #29 Pick
0-0 from

Indiana Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Jermaine O'Neal

Successful Scenario
Due to Indiana and Phoenix being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and Phoenix had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
L.A. Clippers Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Elton Brand
6-8 PF from Duke
20.5 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 2.9 apg in 38.4 minutes

Corey Maggette
6-6 SG from Duke
16.9 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 30.6 minutes

Indiana Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Jermaine O'Neal

Jamaal Tinsley
6-1 PG from Iowa State
12.8 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 6.9 apg in 31.1 minutes
Change in team outlook: -5.2 ppg, -2.3 rpg, and +3.6 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to Indiana and L.A. Clippers being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and L.A. Clippers had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Memphis Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Pau Gasol
7-0 PF from Spain (Foreign)
20.8 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 3.4 apg in 36.1 minutes

Stromile Swift
6-10 PF from Louisiana State
7.8 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 0.3 apg in 19.2 minutes
Incoming

Indiana Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Jermaine O'Neal

Darrell Armstrong
6-1 PG from Fayetteville State
5.6 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 2.4 apg in 15.7 minutes
Change in team outlook: -3.6 ppg, -3.2 rpg, and +1.1 apg.

Successful Scenario

Due to Indiana and Memphis being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and Memphis had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Houston Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Juwan Howard
6-9 PF from Michigan
9.7 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 1.6 apg in 26.6 minutes

Shane Battier
6-8 SF from Duke
10.1 ppg, 4.1 rpg, 2.1 apg in 36.5 minutes

Rafer Alston
6-2 PG from Frenso State
13.3 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 5.4 apg in 37.0 minutes

John Lucas
5-11 PG from Oklahoma State
3.3 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 0.7 apg in 8.2 minutes

2007 Draft #26 Pick
0-0 from

Indiana Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Jermaine O'Neal

Darrell Armstrong

Successful Scenario
Due to Indiana and Houston being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and Houston had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Last edited:

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Indiana Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Jermaine O'Neal

Dallas Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Erick Dampier
6-11 C from Mississippi State
7.1 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 0.6 apg in 25.2 minutes

Jason Terry
6-2 PG from Arizona
16.7 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 5.2 apg in 35.2 minutes

2007 Draft #34 Pick
0-0 from

2007 Draft #50 Pick
0-0 from
Change in team outlook: +4.4 ppg, +0.8 rpg, and +3.4 apg.

Successful Scenario

Due to Dallas and Indiana being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Dallas and Indiana had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
New York Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Steve Francis
6-3 PG from Maryland
11.3 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 3.9 apg in 28.1 minutes

Channing Frye
6-11 PF from Arizona
9.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 26.4 minutes

Indiana Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Jermaine O'Neal

Darrell Armstrong
Change in team outlook: +5.0 ppg, +8.5 rpg, and -0.5 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to Indiana and New York being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and New York had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
New York Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Steve Francis
6-3 PG from Maryland
11.3 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 3.9 apg in 28.1 minutes

Channing Frye
6-11 PF from Arizona
9.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 0.9 apg in 26.4 minutes

Nate Robinson
5-9 PG from Washington
10.1 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 1.4 apg in 21.2 minutes

David Lee
6-9 SF from Florida
10.7 ppg, 10.4 rpg, 1.8 apg in 29.8 minutes

Indiana Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Jermaine O'Neal

Jamaal Tinsley

6-1 PG from Iowa State

Successful Scenario
Due to Indiana and New York being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and New York had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Last edited:

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Indiana Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Jermaine O'Neal

Jamaal Tinsley
6-1 PG from Iowa State

Cleveland Trade Breakdown

Zydrunas Ilgauskas
7-3 C from Lithuania (Foreign)
11.9 ppg, 7.7 rpg, 1.6 apg in 27.4 minutes

Eric Snow
6-3 PG from Michigan State
4.2 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 4.0 apg in 23.5 minutes

Damon Jones
6-3 PG from Houston
6.5 ppg, 1.1 rpg, 1.6 apg in 19.6 minutes

David Wesley
6-1 SG from Baylor
2.1 ppg, 1.0 rpg, 1.1 apg in 10.1 minutes
Change in team outlook: -7.5 ppg, -0.8 rpg, and -1.0 apg.

Successful Scenario

Due to Cleveland and Indiana being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Cleveland and Indiana had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
A couple things here before I start getting hate mail.. :rolleyes:

When I look at trades, I look at certain criteria:

1.) First off I sincerely doubt that the Pacers would trade with someone in their own confrence unless they put together a deal so sweet that it would be hard to say no.

2.) Any trade for him would have to include a point guard. Jamaal Tinsley is in hot water, so I assume he is the odd man out. Another player would be Darryl Armstrong.

3.)If the Pacer organization gets rid of O'neal, I'm going to make the assumption that they are going to start from scratch and rebuild. I used to like the fact that they used to be able to rebuild and stay competetive, but that is no longer the case.

4.) Due to recent scandals, the Pacers organization would like to make the team as "white-friendly" as possible. They will either get more white player (probablly Euros) or some docile negroes to take the place of the hard-headed ones. (See Tinsley, Jamaal.)

4.) Just because a trade CAN be done..doesn't mean it will be done. for example, I could figure out a trade that would send Kobe to the Pacers, but I doubt he'd want to play there. (He has a no-trade clause in his contract.)

Last edited:

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Indiana Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Jermaine O'Neal

Darrell Armstrong

Denver Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Kenyon Martin
6-9 PF from Cincinnati
9.5 ppg, 10.0 rpg, 0.5 apg in 31.0 minutes

Marcus Camby
6-11 C from Massachusetts
11.2 ppg, 11.7 rpg, 3.2 apg in 33.9 minutes

Linas Kleiza
6-8 PF from Missouri
7.6 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 0.6 apg in 18.8 minutes
Change in team outlook: +3.3 ppg, +13.9 rpg, and -0.5 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to Denver and Indiana being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Denver and Indiana had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.**

**Note: If you leave BOTH Kieiza and Armstrong out of the deal, it still works.

Last edited:

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Indiana Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Jermaine O'Neal

Darrell Armstrong

LA Lakers Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Lamar Odom
6-10 PF from Rhode Island
15.9 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 4.8 apg in 39.3 minutes

Kwame Brown

6-11 C from Glynn Academy (HS)
8.4 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 1.8 apg in 27.6 minutes

Jordan Farmar
6-2 PG from UCLA
4.4 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 1.9 apg in 15.2 minutes

Successful Scenario

Due to L.A. Lakers and Indiana being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. L.A. Lakers and Indiana had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.**

**Note: the trade also works witohut both Armstrong or Farmar

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
I doubt this would happen, but...

Minnesota Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Kevin Garnett
6-11 PF from Farragut Academy (HS)
22.4 ppg, 12.8 rpg, 4.1 apg in 39.5 minutes

Trenton Hassell
6-5 SG from Austin Peay
6.7 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 2.7 apg in 29.2 minutes

Indiana Trade Breakdown

Outgoing

Jermaine O'Neal

Jamaal Tinsley
6-1 PG from Iowa State
Change in team outlook: +3.1 ppg, -3.1 rpg, and +2.5 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to Indiana and Minnesota being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and Minnesota had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Minnesota Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Ricky Davis
6-7 SG from Iowa
17.0 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 4.8 apg in 37.3 minutes

Troy Hudson
6-1 PG from Southern Illinois
5.9 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 2.1 apg in 16.4 minutes

Marko Jaric
6-7 SG from Serbia-Montenegro (Foreign)
5.3 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 2.1 apg in 22.3 minutes

Mark Madsen
6-9 PF from Stanford
1.1 ppg, 1.6 rpg, 0.2 apg in 8.4 minutes

2007 Draft #07 Pick
0-0 from

2007 Draft #41 Pick
0-0 from

Indiana Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Jermaine O'Neal

Successful Scenario
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Due to Indiana and Minnesota being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and Minnesota had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Door open for Telfair: Ainge says guard may stay with C’s
By Steve Bulpett
Boston Herald Sports Reporter

Saturday, June 9, 2007 - Updated: 11:26 AM EST

Despite the charges and posturing, Sebastian Telfair is still a member of the Celtics. You can look it up.

And despite his owner’s intimations to the contrary, Danny Ainge believes it’s possible Telfair will remain one.

“Absolutely,” said Ainge, who finished up the two-day workout of potential draftees Corey Brewer and Al Thornton yesterday.

Asked how he was approaching the situation with Telfair, who was charged with gun possession and speeding after a traffic stop in April, the Celtics director if basketball operations said, “I’m not approaching it right now. I’m just letting time heal everything so we can approach it in a logical manner that’s best for the franchise.”

What’s best for the Celtics may be to move Telfair to another club, as much for the fact Rajon Rondo [stats] and Delonte West appear ready to take the minutes ahead of him as for any transgressions. But, from discussions with personnel people at last week’s predraft camp in Orlando, the chance of the Celts getting something of even minimal value in return has been diminished by the pronouncement from the top that Telfair’s nameplate had been removed from his locker at the team’s practice facility.

The problem on the court was that Telfair’s flashes of proficiency at running the team were too few and far between. It was lamented during the season that he didn’t seem to “get it” on a consistent basis - that he didn’t need to run up big numbers to have a big effect.

“I think all of our guys need to get it,” said Ainge. “I wouldn’t pinpoint Sebastian.

“You know, sometimes these kinds of things are exactly what guys need to happen. I understand the frustration from ownership, from management, from coaches. I understand the frustration when Sebastian got in trouble this time, but it might just be what Sebastian needed.

“I think Sebastian has a good future. I really do. I think he’s got a good future.”

Ainge has consistently stood up for Telfair’s character, and he continues to do saw even in light of his second gun issue (he had brought one onto the Portland charter for a trip that wound through Boston the year before the C’s acquired him).

“I think Sebastian’s a good kid,” Ainge said. “I think he’s a really good kid. I think he just did something stupid and he knows it. I think it’s really stupid what he did, and he knows better. It’s not going to fly, so there has to be some consequences for his behavior.

“But Sebastian comes to work every day. He comes to play. I would never consider giving Sebastian a label at age 21 based on a few incidents. But he’s got to grow up and make the right choices in that regard, and I think he will.”

Whether those choices will be made here or in another NBA city remains to be seen, but Ainge clearly isn’t averse to keeping Telfair around.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Are Suns shopping Marion?
Celtics, Pistons are the top teams in swap scenarios

Paul Coro
The Arizona Republic
Jun. 11, 2007 10:16 PM
Just like the Valley heat, Shawn Marion trade rumors again are prevalent before the official start of summer.

One scenario has the Boston Celtics acquiring Marion in a trade that would give the Suns the fifth overall pick in the June 28 NBA draft, center-forward Theo Ratliff (whose contract expires after next season and would provide $11.7 million in salary cap space) and guard Delonte West.

A league source confirmed Celtics coach Doc Rivers' interest in Marion, and Danny Ainge, the Celtics' executive director of basketball operations, has been a fan of the forward since being his first Suns coach.

The Suns' interest in such a deal is unknown.

Coach Mike D'Antoni has said the Suns would not execute any move that did not make them a better team, and it is unlikely that a rookie, Ratliff and West would offset the loss of Marion.

However, the Suns could pursue an affordable free agent such as Orlando Magic swingman Grant Hill to make up for that sort of dynamic in a Marion deal.

A trade is being considered because Marion, 29, will make $34.25 million over the next two seasons.

Hill had a relatively healthy 2005-06 season and averaged 14.4 points on 52 percent shooting. He could retire (he already works as an ABC playoff analyst) but might want a shot at a title if his role were substantial.

Hill just finished a seven-year, $92 million deal, so money might not be a big factor for Hill, who has never won a playoff series.

Marion's name also has surfaced in trade rumors with the Detroit Pistons, who would send forward-center Rasheed Wallace to Phoenix.

This idea would be conflicting for Phoenix.

Wallace's skills are a good fit, but his on-court behavior contrasts with the club's emphasis on character.

Wallace, 32, is an ideal basketball piece, because he shoots and runs well at 6 feet 11 and keeps the floor spread (as Tim Thomas did with the Suns in 2006), is a top post defender (which would help Amaré Stoudemire), has been a popular teammate at each stop and played for Portland when D'Antoni was an assistant coach there in 2000-01.

But even if the Suns were ready to make that deal, would the Pistons be willing? Marion is a small forward, the same position played by Detroit's Tayshaun Prince, but could be asked to play power forward to make the Pistons more athletic.

Wallace will make about $3.65 million less that Marion in 2007-08 and has a deal that expires in 2009.

Marion, an All-Star four of the past five seasons, has been put off in the past when Phoenix has considered trading him.

On the day of the team's final meeting last month, Marion knew the rumors again would surface.

"This is a business, so I don't know what will happen," he said.

I would suggest this as a trade:

Boston Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Theo Ratliff
6-10 C from Wyoming
2.5 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 0.0 apg in 21.5 minutes

Sebastian Telfair
6-0 PG from Abraham Lincoln (HS)
6.1 ppg, 1.4 rpg, 2.8 apg in 20.3 minutes

2007 Draft #05 Pick
0-0 from
Incoming

Phoenix Trade Breakdown

Outgoing
Shawn Marion

6-7 PF from UNLV
17.5 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 1.7 apg in 37.6 minutes
Change in team outlook: +8.9 ppg, +4.9 rpg, and -1.1 apg.

Successful Scenario

Due to Phoenix and Boston being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Phoenix and Boston had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Theo's bloated contract comes off the books this year, while Phoenix gets a backup guard and future starter in Telfair. Bassy gets to learn from Nash, play in an offense that is more suited to him..and honestly, learn some humility.

Bassy has one year left on his contract, so if it doesn't work he's gone.

For Boston, this clears up their glut at Point Guard. Marion goes to his natural SF spot and dominates with Pierce at PF.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Bulls to work out Conley; Duhon on block

By K.C. Johnson
Tribune staff reporter

June 12, 2007, 10:27 PM CDT

The Bulls have secured a Saturday workout with Ohio State freshman Mike Conley Jr., the top-rated point guard in the June 28 NBA draft.

Conley Jr., 19, follows Texas A & M's Acie Law and Georgia Tech's Javaris Crittenton, the second- and third-rated point guards who worked out together last week at the Berto Center.

League sources have said Bulls third-year point guard Chris Duhon, who has one year at $3.25 million remaining on his contract, is on the trading block.

Though the Bulls' biggest need is a scoring big man, general manager John Paxson has maintained he could fill that need via trade or free agency and draft a smaller player.

LutherVanDrawlz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Sources: Rockets agree to trade Howard to Wolves for James
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

The Minnesota Timberwolves and Houston Rockets, who have been discussing a Mike James-for-Juwan Howard swap in one form or another since the February trade deadline, have agreed in principle to finally complete that deal this month, ESPN.com has learned.

An announcement of the trade's completion could be made as early as this week, according to NBA front-office sources.

The holdup stems from the possibility that another player or two could be added to the deal, sources say. The teams, though, have verbally agreed to a straight-up exchange of James for Howard at the very least.

The Timberwolves beat out Houston for James' free-agent signature last summer because of their willingness to include a trade kicker in the well-traveled point guard's four-year, $23.4 million contract, but the acquisition was questioned from the start after Minnesota landed Randy Foye in the 2006 draft.

James then struggled to make an impact with his new team, averaging just 10.1 points in 25.3 minutes per game and eventually losing his starting spot after enjoying a breakout season in Toronto in 2005-06.

A strong recruiting pitch from Wolves forward Kevin Garnett -- along with the trade bonus he held out for in negotiations -- convinced James to spurn similar financial offers from the Dallas Mavericks and the Rockets, even though he maintains an offseason home in Houston. But the intense Garnett and the chatty James clashed almost from the start, according to club sources, adding to the Wolves' remorse after it quickly became apparent that there wasn't rotation room for James and Foye.

So the Wolves decided by midseason that they would try to move their lone significant offseason acquisition and were on the verge of sending James to Houston for Howard when the deal fell through on Feb. 22, in part because the Rockets were reluctant to change the chemistry on a team that wound up overcoming numerous injuries to win 52 games.

But Houston's interest in James and adding depth to its backcourt under new coach Rick Adelman hasn't wavered, thanks to the 31-year-old's successful stint with the Rockets in the second half of the 2004-05 season.

"This has been difficult," James told ESPN.com in late March when asked to describe his debut season with the Wolves. "Physically, mentally, emotionally … all of the above."

Garnett, meanwhile, is expected to welcome the arrival of Howard, a 34-year-old former All-Star, after publicly calling -- repeatedly -- for more size in the Wolves' frontcourt and more of a veteran presence in the locker room.

Howard averaged 9.7 points and 5.9 rebounds in 26.6 minutes per game last season. His contract is one year shorter than James' deal, with just two seasons to run at $14.3 million.