Official ***LOGAN*** Spoiler thread. Spoilers In Thread

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I haven't seen the movie yet but I have spoiled it because the X-Men movies overall are shitty to me.

I got a few questions because it all seems kinda like a dumb "What If" story.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
:cool:

Just got back from the theater loved it!

Easily the best wolverine movie and maybe the best mutant movie period....

Of course I know thats not saying much but this movie really felt like a graphic novel come to life.

The way they handle prof x and logans relationship was beautiful. the fact that he had an actual job was hilarious.

The whole R rated thing was well handle just a showing of the end results of wolvie's work but not too graphic. the best usage of the R rating was the professors potty mouth.

the 1st 5 minutes was pure genius. No after credit but essentially the 1st 5 minutes was a pre-credit Deadpool FUCKING RULES!!!!!!!!

If they proceed correctly we will enjoy deadpool 2 nice teaser for cable and totally unexpected.

28a328b0db27e99fe75a74a157451866.jpg

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
:cool:

Just got back from the theater loved it!

Easily the best wolverine movie and maybe the best mutant movie period....

Of course I know thats not saying much but this movie really felt like a graphic novel come to life.

The way they handle prof x and logans relationship was beautiful. the fact that he had an actual job was hilarious.

The whole R rated thing was well handle just a showing of the end results of wolvie's work but not too graphic. the best usage of the R rating was the professors potty mouth.

the 1st 5 minutes was pure genius. No after credit but essentially the 1st 5 minutes was a pre-credit Deadpool FUCKING RULES!!!!!!!!

If they proceed correctly we will enjoy deadpool 2 nice teaser for cable and totally unexpected.

28a328b0db27e99fe75a74a157451866.jpg

You don't have to hide Spoilers fam.

I'm going to see it but the fact that Professor X has demetia is a hilariously stupid idea.

Can't that nigga just transfer his consciousness to another body?

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
You don't have to hide Spoilers fam.

I'm going to see it but the fact that Professor X has demetia is a hilariously stupid idea.

Can't that nigga just transfer his consciousness to another body?

Naw like I said it has more of a classic graphic novel feel to it. So it has a more human aspect rather than totally relying on use of powers.

But the most powerful telepath in the world with Alzheimer/dementia, makes for a very engaging sub-plot.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Just got back. I didn't like it. The movie was uneventful. It was pretty much a goodbye to the fans. The story (based loosely on the Old Man Logan storyline) was drab.

Lots of gore, and action spread out over long drawn out story that at parts stalled and felt like it dragged.

There was no "big revelation" or "surprise ending" leaving us wanting more....Just wanting it to end. And it did end...Not with a bang but a whimper.

Last edited:

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Naw like I said it has more of a classic graphic novel feel to it. So it has a more human aspect rather than totally relying on use of powers.

But the most powerful telepath in the world with Alzheimer/dementia, makes for a very engaging sub-plot.

So I ain't seen it yet but from what I read there was a much better story they could have put in. I then already said this a spoiler thread so here goes:

Why the fuck wasn't they trying to kidnap and clone Xavier or take his brain on some rule the world type shit. And like I said the nigga coulda been done just transfered his consciousness to another body They gotta clone Wolverine I guess because it is his movie.

By the way when they kill Professor X is it gory or like how they killed Supes in BvS on some ole lame shit?

Is the final battle with X-24 any good? The best Wolverine fight was with Lady Deathstrike all the way back in X-2

Any Post Credits?

Any mention of the past movies or they pretty much ignore everything that has happened??

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
and Jackman now saying that he open to playing Logan/Wolverine again should Fox work out some deal w/ Marvel Studios(which probably will never happen,but if the next XMen movie doesnt meet their expectations they might not have a choice :lol: )

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
No post credits hints at past movies and events

IMO it was a nice conclusion for 2 beloved characters and a possible building block down the road.

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
and Jackman now saying that he open to playing Logan/Wolverine again should Fox work out some deal w/ Marvel Studios(which probably will never happen,but if the next XMen movie doesnt meet their expectations they might not have a choice :lol: )

Man you bullshittin....Link? :lol:

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Nuther point I'd like to add, the human factor of 2 of the the greatest mutants in comics laid bare on the screen was nice to watch unfold.

You have the world's greatest telepath losing control of his power.

You have the ultimate never quit scrappy bulldog that's lost a step. His healing factor that has kept him going for over a century is now failing him. His adamatium claws and skeleton instead of being his weapon is now his killer.

One thing I always loved about graphic novels was they took characters and made them more human. They would breathe more life into them, their struggles and their vulnerabilities than we would see in a regular issue.

IMO Logan captured that nuance.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
By far the best Wolverine movie to date. I like that they tied his physical deterioration & inability to heal like he used to on his healing factor beginning to slow down due to age and adamantium poisoning setting in. The Reavers could've been done better as you don't get the feel of how enhanced they are & only seem to have cybernetic arms. The brain disease affecting Professor X was a very interesting subplot but it felt weird hearing him curse. I do like that they didn't try to force feed us a whole bunch of random mutants in this just for the sake of it either

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Movie was a let down. Drab and depressing

Outside of X2 and Days of Future Past all the movies were a let down.

This movie probably wouldn't have gotten made if not for Deadpool.

I mean I guess they kill him off but it's just "meh" at this point. Everybody knows they gotta crank out these movies to keep the license

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
Outside of X2 and Days of Future Past all the movies were a let down.

This movie probably wouldn't have gotten made if not for Deadpool.

I mean I guess they kill him off but it's just "meh" at this point. Everybody knows they gotta crank out these movies to keep the license

The story was just.... Boring and really didn't go anyway. Their was no climax at the end. Just...meh

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The story was just.... Boring and really didn't go anyway. Their was no climax at the end. Just...meh

I'm going to see it later tonight but I'm actually looking forward to seeing Get Out on Saturday.

When I read the main bad is just a clone wolverine I was glad I did read spoilers, that shit sounds like that X Men Origins deadpool

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
I'm going to see it later tonight but I'm actually looking forward to seeing Get Out on Saturday.

When I read the main bad is just a clone wolverine I was glad I did read spoilers, that shit sounds like that X Men Origins deadpool

^that's was another let down. I get the twist from (Old Man Logan) where Wolverine was tricked into killing his friends. This time it happens by his clone....people talking about it was great....Not even. Shit was horrible and had no payoff in the end. Go see it, but bring a blanket and pillow. I sure needed one....

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
I didn't go in expecting much so I left satisfied with what I got. I agree the story could've been much better bit considering what we've been given for Wolverine all these years, this is 1 I can accept.

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
^that's was another let down. I get the twist from (Old Man Logan) where Wolverine was tricked into killing his friends. This time it happens by his clone....people talking about it was great....Not even. Shit was horrible and had no payoff in the end. Go see it, but bring a blanket and pillow. I sure needed one....

See even the comic twist is good...but on the big screen that sounds dumb.

I'm sure it's the best wolverine movie but the bar is so low is that really saying anything. And out of all the mutants they wanna clone wolverine? If anything clone professor X since I think they did say his mind was a weapon of mass destruction. From what I read the third act of this movie falls off. I got tickets early (7:30) so I don't be in that bitch all night.

If Marvel got the rights they could do a Wolverine netflix series and keep his big screen appearances strictly to the the X men movies

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Just got back. It's not like everyone is saying it is. I mean it's not bad but it's not that special either. I was expecting X-24 to be a digital version of young 2000 Hugh Jackman but I forgot this movie ain't have Disney money behind it :lol:

Overall the Villains were shitty and the plot could have been written way better. Caliban was a bitch. X23 was cool. This movie must have took place in that "Last Stand" universe since they only mention the Statue of Liberty. Professor X getting Dementia is like Superman getting Skin Cancer :hmm:

And why would they have the clone kill him it you would think the Dr. Would want to clone A WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION

Funny thing is the big bad in this movie is exactly what deadpool made fun of......a British bad guy :lol:

6.5/7 outta 10. This shit ain't about to win no oscar or nothing tho

Last edited:

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member
part of movie going in current times is avoiding trailers and going in blank.

because i watched no trailers and saw no spoilers i didn't know what i was in for and had no expectations.

i enjoyed the movie and the human spin behind the characters. we rarely see that in a fox production about marvel characters.