Official iZombie Discussion Thread (Tuesdays 9 pm EST)

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
IZombie_promotional_poster.png

http://cwtv.com/shows/izombie

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I just finished the entire run by Chris Roberson and Mike Allred a few weeks ago. But now I'm trying to decide to watch this or "AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D." tonight.

But it'll more likely be "IZOMBIE" for me.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I just finished the entire run by Chris Roberson and Mike Allred a few weeks ago. But now I'm trying to decide to watch this or "AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D." tonight.

But it'll more likely be "IZOMBIE" for me.

just finished reading them myself.

I'd tape shield and watch izombie...

Shield has been on a good run this season...

and the izombie showrunner wrote Veronica Mars so I got high expectations.

HAR125LEM

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Show was pretty good.
Had that quirky Veronica Mars vibe going.

But I am tired of David Anders.
Does that Dude need to be on fuckin' everything?
:lol:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Show was pretty good.
Had that quirky Veronica Mars vibe going.

But I am tired of David Anders.
Does that Dude need to be on fuckin' everything?
:lol:

Boom

The weather man is Veronica lawyer

He got the vibe of the comic exactly great look feel and pace

not perfect yet but good start.

Gotta watch the next 2 this week.

KingAddies

Rising Star
Registered
I watched the first two episodes - have a bunch left that I keep threatening to binge along with CSI Cyber. They gave her a weird special ability by eating a brain to pick up memories and abilities to solve crimes but she discovered it too soon and there's a mystery every week like an undead Quincy (I think they actually made that joke). If they gave her some of Constantine or the Crow's abilities and went dark or at least gave her a no nonsense antithesis character and had her Maxwell Smart/Inspector Clouseau/Austin Powers/Mr. Bean/Shaggy and Scoob her way through mysteries then it would be cool.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I watched the first two episodes - have a bunch left that I keep threatening to binge along with CSI Cyber. They gave her a weird special ability by eating a brain to pick up memories and abilities to solve crimes but she discovered it too soon and there's a mystery every week like an undead Quincy (I think they actually made that joke). If they gave her some of Constantine or the Crow's abilities and went dark or at least gave her a no nonsense antithesis character and had her Maxwell Smart/Inspector Clouseau/Austin Powers/Mr. Bean/Shaggy and Scoob her way through mysteries then it would be cool.

I'm biased

I think its important that we diversify the comic book show genre to continue to keep it relevant.

I like the show but the showrunner did Veronica Mars which is essentially the blueprint this show is following (and damn near the whole cast has been on the show already) and I was a big fan of that too.

I like how they did the show and the mystery of the week and the overreaching season long mystery I always think is the best way to go to allow new audience members to jump in mid stride.

But all your suggestions are good I thin they already incorporating all them.

KingAddies

Rising Star
Registered
already renewed for season 2...

ABC got a hold of their premise and flipped it.
“Stitchers” follows Kirsten (Emma Ishta), a young woman recruited into a covert government agency to be ‘stitched’ into the minds of the recently deceased, using their memories to investigate murders and decipher mysteries that otherwise would have gone to the grave. Working alongside Kirsten is Cameron (Kyle Harris), a brilliant neuroscientist whose passion for the program is evident in his work. The secret program is headed by Maggie (Salli Richardson-Whitfield), a skilled veteran of covert operations, and includes Linus (Ritesh Rajan), a socially immature bioelectrical engineer and communications technician. Kirsten’s roommate, Camille (Allison Scagliotti), a gifted computer science grad student, is also recruited to use her skills to assist Kirsten in her new role as a ‘stitcher.’

Watch out for popups
<IFRAME SRC="http://youwatch.org/embed-nrtt7rv07mo9-540x330.html" FRAMEBORDER=0 MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 SCROLLING=NO width="540" height="330"></IFRAME><br />
</div>

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
ABC got a hold of their premise and flipped it.
“Stitchers” follows Kirsten (Emma Ishta), a young woman recruited into a covert government agency to be ‘stitched’ into the minds of the recently deceased, using their memories to investigate murders and decipher mysteries that otherwise would have gone to the grave. Working alongside Kirsten is Cameron (Kyle Harris), a brilliant neuroscientist whose passion for the program is evident in his work. The secret program is headed by Maggie (Salli Richardson-Whitfield), a skilled veteran of covert operations, and includes Linus (Ritesh Rajan), a socially immature bioelectrical engineer and communications technician. Kirsten’s roommate, Camille (Allison Scagliotti), a gifted computer science grad student, is also recruited to use her skills to assist Kirsten in her new role as a ‘stitcher.’

Watch out for popups
<IFRAME SRC="http://youwatch.org/embed-nrtt7rv07mo9-540x330.html" FRAMEBORDER=0 MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 SCROLLING=NO width="540" height="330"></IFRAME><br />
</div>

Damn, couldn't let it breathe for minute huh?
a cross between dollhouse alias izombie.
I think it may have to much going on.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
It's not bad

Is Liv gonna let her brother die ?

What did Liv do to Major with the syringe at the end ?

Yup, she had to.
couldn't live with turning him
her mom will probably never forgive her
or say she just wanted him alive.
Liv might lie and say she has a blood disease
but it seems the zombie threat is going to be exposed sooner then we thought.
I was shocked they turned Blaine human.
Major went full rambo...very cool.
Liv gave him the rest of the cure pretty much damning humanity if Ravi isn't able to duplicate the results.

raze

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yup, she had to.
couldn't live with turning him
her mom will probably never forgive her
or say she just wanted him alive.
Liv might lie and say she has a blood disease
but it seems the zombie threat is going to be exposed sooner then we thought.
I was shocked they turned Blaine human.
Major went full rambo...very cool.
Liv gave him the rest of the cure pretty much damning humanity if Ravi isn't able to duplicate the results.

Zombies running from a human attack. :lol::lol:

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
robert-knepper.jpg

Executive producer Rob Thomas previously teased family drama to ensue for "iZombie" season 2.

Liv's (Rose McIver) dad, while absent in the first season, will reportedly be introduced when the show returns this Fall.
"We have been talking about Season 2 as being the Season of Dads," Thomas previously teased TV Line about the show's second instalment. "We might meet several people's dads in Season 2, including [Liv and Evan's]."

Apparently, Blaine (David Anders) will be one of these "several people" whose father the audience will get to meet.
According to Entertainment Weekly, "Prison Break" star Robert Knepper on as Blaine's father in "iZombie" season 2. As expected, he won't be the cuddly dad who will help him out in his time of need.

Previously known for his work in "Heroes" and "The Flash," Knepper will be playing Angus. He's described as "a rich, accomplished businessman who has financially supported his disappointing son for years" by TV Line.

Viewers will get to meet him early on when the reluctantly cured zombie approaches him for some cash once again.
It's still unclear if he will play a vital role in the series but his character will certainly help viewers understand Blaine a little bit more when "iZombie" season 2 returns on Oct. 6.

On the other hand, casting for Liv's own father hasn't been announced yet. The only thing that's certain at this time is that his dad will reportedly have a "neat" back story.

"We kept him intentionally unmentioned because we hadn't worked out how we wanted to bring him in or what we wanted to do with him," the showrunner continued to explain about Liv's dad. "We have a desire to do it, and I think we have a neat backstory on their dad."

He might be introduced during Evan's funeral, which Thomas and McIver recently let slip would die in the upcoming second season. In turn, Liv's refusal to give her brother her tainted blood will put her at odds with her family.

http://www.franchiseherald.com/articles/34747/20150808/izombie-season-2-casts.htm

KingAddies

Rising Star
Registered
"I know you can't control when you're on a brain"
that has to be the coldest line out of all of the zombie shows
'on a brain' should be the new 'wildin out' or 'no chill' LoL

QUfizAi.png

Last edited: