Official Biden/Trump Debate thread.... FINAL DEBATE, "Knuckle fight in Nashville" TONIGHT... 9:00 pm

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Obama was clearly trying to make the bill more viable in the long run. He could have crammed a public option in some kind of way, but it definitely would have made the bill way more vulnerable down the line. The lack of a public option is probably the only reason that Republicans never managed to destroy the bill.

The ACA was far from perfect, but I remember the struggle to try to get it through. It was one of the most notable times that trying to work with Republicans (and Blue Dog Dems) led to a weaker outcome.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Trump is an awful person and an awful president. I don't even have to talk lesser of two evils, although it's true....
I can just simply go by his actions and words when it comes to the pandemic. No need to rehash them because we've all posted about it here....but simply put... masks help to prevent the passing of the virus to an extent, and orangeman has for months purposely failed to push the wearing of masks, to the point of making jokes about people who wear them and not enforcing it at his dumbass rallies (which themselves are very bad ideas).

There's much more, but just that one little thing should be enough. Imagine if a president did that about oh, say.... seatbelts.

Why do y’all think Biden is better than Trump? What makes Biden so much better than Trump? Don’t come on here talking about one is the lesser of two evils either.