Official Invincible Thread Discussion[No Comic Spoilers]

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why folks so hung up on laser eyes? What difference does it make to a mf we just saw get blasted with a laser, and made it look like light work?
This. What's funny is for all of his getting scuffed up in brawls, Omni-Man has been tanking explosions and beam attacks like a champion. Not sure why anyone would give anybody an advantage over him because of eye beams.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
Is it stated anywhere that Homelander can't survive in space? Superman couldn't do space either until he did. Omni-man also has to breathe. Since Homelander's power set includes invulnerability I need some clarity on how his clone was vulnerable to a gun and a crowbar.
You need clarity?

Read the fuckin books.

cot damn.

this is like someone saying: how do you know the Frankenstein monster couldnt survive in outerspace?

because the writer never put him out there and made him vulnerable to very mundane attacks.

Omni man can hold his breath indefinitely in space. He does not have to breathe. See this is what im talking about.

read the source material instead of asking me why YOU dont know what youre talking about.

Last edited:

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You need clarity?
Yes, if your abilities includes invulnerability, I'd like to know how you're killed with a crowbar. Was it an imperfect clone, was he depowered at the time, was he weakened by something, was the crowbar made from Homelanders kryptonite, or was it just plot induced stupidity?

This is like someone saying: how do you know the Frankenstein monster couldnt survive in outerspace?

because the writer never put him out there and made him vulnerable to very mundane attacks.
Not really, every Superman clone has been able to survive in space.
Omni man can hold his breath indefinitely in space. He does not have to breathe.

read the source material instead of asking me why YOU dont know what youre talking about.
Wrong, Omni- Man holds his breath while in space, he can hold his breath for about two weeks.

Last edited:

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Why folks so hung up on laser eyes? What difference does it make to a mf we just saw get blasted with a laser, and made it look like light work?
Because Homelander's son who is not as powerful as his father was able to fry Stormfront who also has a high degree of invulnerability.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
Yes, if your abilities includes invulnerability, I'd like to know how you're killed with a crowbar. Was it an imperfect clone, was he depowered at the time, was he weakened by something, was the crowbar made from Homelanders kryptonite, or was it just plot induced stupidity?

you mean the clone who just finished KILLING Homelander with ease? the clone who tore his jaw off with one punch?

you DO NOT need clarity FROM ME. take yo lazy uninformed ass to the comic and get your clarity.

Not really, every Superman clone has been able to survive in space.

we aint talking about Superman. thats a different company, a different character and different writers. Superman aint got shit to do with this.

Wrong, Omni- Man holds his breath while in space, he can hold his breath for about two weeks.
which means HE AINT GOT TO BREATHE while in space! he can even fight without having to breathe! Homelander has no documented exploits in space and no ability to hold his breath in a vacuum at all!

the fuck is wrong with you?

illlit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Which version of these supers are we using?

Cause Superman got them beat 90% of the time but I'd put some strong money on the Exiles version of Hyperion...he was no joke!

Homelander would be the first casualty, he doesn't even know how to fight. Bet if someone punched him in the face at anything close to his strength, he running like a bitch! He ain't built for all-out war!

Agreed, Homelander never faced anyone like him or stronger than him. He would get punked easily. I think a lot of yall are Sleeping on One Punch Man. This dude is definitely not to be played with. He has yet to be defeated by anyone!

illlit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Superman has killed in comics before and neither OmniMan and One Punch has lasers that could scorch the earth

Omni Man flew through an Atomic laser, I think he would be more than okay from Superman. One Punch man's speed is incredible. He could probably dodge Sup's eyes easily.

Al Smith

Rogue Mod
OG Investor
Agreed, Homelander never faced anyone like him or stronger than him. He would get punked easily. I think a lot of yall are Sleeping on One Punch Man. This dude is definitely not to be played with. He has yet to be defeated by anyone!

Yep.. Saitama doesn't lose.. once he gets bored of you.... Lights Out.... And even though Homelander has laser vision.. Omni Man is far superior in speed and strength...

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
you mean the clone who just finished KILLING Homelander with ease? the clone who tore his jaw off with one punch?
Yes, I'm asking how an invulnerable clone of Homelander's could be killed by a crowbar.
you DO NOT need clarity FROM ME. take yo lazy uninformed ass to the comic and get your clarity.
We're just discussing comic books here so of course you're right you don't have to prove anything to me but you did use the death of Homelander's clone as a reason why Omni-man is tougher than Homelander.

Buk: Omni-man is far more durable than Homelander, Homelander's clone was killed by a crowbar.
Me: What, how's that possible, isn't Homelander invulnerable?
Buk: That's for me to know and you to find out.
we aint talking about Superman. thats a different company, a different character and different writers. Superman aint got shit to do with this.
Let's see Homelander can fly, is invulnerable, has super speed, super hearing, super sight, x-ray vision, heat vision, and freeze breath. Yeah, now that I think about it he does sound more like a Hawkeye clone.
which means HE AINT GOT TO BREATHE while in space! he can even fight without having to breathe!

the fuck is wrong with you?
This one was slightly confusing. You stated that Omni-man didn't need to breathe and could survive in space indefinitely, I point out that he does need to breathe and he must hold his breath in space and you still think you're right. You ask me what the fuck is wrong with me because I know the difference between indefinitely and two weeks? You know I've seen every episode of The Big Bang Theory and I've never seen any of them get fighting mad over a disagreement over comics. It's just comics dude, lighten up a little, don't raise your blood pressure over Omni-man, it's not that serious.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
im a dick head.
okay, im seeing how reasoning aint your strong suit.

i tell your illafflicted ass to read the comic book and you interpret that as being evasive. i then LITERALLY TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENED IN IT and you STILL asking ME.

>>>GO READ IT YOURSELF JACKASS.<<<

REGULAR ASS MUNITIONS destroyed the Homelander's body AND his clone's.

you sir are a certified ninny.

AND your dumb ass doesnt understand that if you can hold your breath in space...YOU DONT HAVE TO BREATHE IN SPACE. yknow...like if you hold your breath underwater...you dont have to breathe while under water?

cot damn youre stupid.

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
okay, im seeing how reasoning aint your strong suit.

i tell your illafflicted ass to read the comic book and you interpret that as being evasive. i then LITERALLY TELL YOU WHAT HAPPENED IN IT and you STILL asking ME.

>>>GO READ IT YOURSELF JACKASS.<<<

REGULAR ASS MUNITIONS destroyed the Homelander's body AND his clone's.

you sir are a certified ninny.

AND your dumb ass doesnt understand that if you can hold your breath in space...YOU DONT HAVE TO BREATHE IN SPACE. yknow...like if you hold your breath underwater...you dont have to breathe while under water?

cot damn youre stupid.
Dude you can't use the death of Homelander's clone as a reason why Omni-man is tougher, without disclosing how his clone was killed. That's why I asked for clarity in how an invulnerable man could be killed with a crowbar. I asked you if the clone was weakened. You failed to mention that the clone was weakened and severely injured from his battle with Homelander and the military, you also failed to mention that the person that killed him with a crowbar was also superhumanly strong and durable. At least this tells me you don't think much of Omni-man's chances against Homelander if you have to omit info to make him look better.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member
Dude you can't use the death of Homelander's clone as a reason why Omni-man is tougher, without disclosing how his clone was killed. That's why I asked for clarity in how an invulnerable man could be killed with a crowbar. I asked you if the clone was weakened. You failed to mention that the clone was weakened and severely injured from his battle with Homelander and the military, you also failed to mention that the person that killed him with a crowbar was also superhumanly strong and durable. At least this tells me you don't think much of Omni-man's chances against Homelander if you have to omit info to make him look better.
So you just damn read it, huh?

And you STILL arguin???

If you read Invincible you'd see the difference in the power scales between the two stories.

This is like debating the Lord of the Rings novels with a kid who aint seen but one Star Wars movie.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
This is possibly the greatest action cartoon ever created.
The latest episode is beyond anything I have ever expected.

You can feel the emotion, hopelessness, and despair.
Superman has never been depicted like this, even Injustice doesn't come close to capturing what a rogue fully unleashed Superman can do.

D24OHA

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That mfkr Omni man.........

Wow.......and that was taking it easy on Mark.....

Hundreds.....maybe even thousands......in minutes and different states......

That was wild