Official Boxing Thread

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
How much did you risk big dog
I put $1000 on my long term parlay to make $1,900 and I had $600 on the one tonight to make $859

I lost $150 on a parlay with Serrano winning and I thew $100 away betting $50 each on the Liam/Jesse and Serrano/Taylor draws. I couldve walked away with an extra $340 if Shakur would've got the stoppage.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man, I missed out on a lot of money tonight. I will get them to redo my card the next few days. Literally. we could get rich off of the knowledge we have on boxing. Just about everything I said to my wife happened. The Walsh stoppage, the Davis stoppage, and I figure Shakur would stop Valdez. Would have lost money on that. I figured he would stop him after round 7. I would have done a good job. Damn. Next week though. Not to sure about Bivol though. He might pull an upset. I got to go look at some film.
I'm fucking with Bivol. I think I'm going to drop $100 on him and stack him with as many guarantees as possible. Bivol is a good boxer and he don't gas out (Caleb Plant) so he can easily win the decision if he don't let Canelo take advantage of him.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
the thing is looking at history them judges always give Canelo extra points and shit. I dont see them giving it to Bivol unless he wins wide

I'm fucking with Bivol. I think I'm going to drop $100 on him and stack him with as many guarantees as possible. Bivol is a good boxer and he don't gas out (Caleb Plant) so he can easily win the decision if he don't let Canelo take advantage of him.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

katie-taylor-amanda-serrano-9.jpg

katie-taylor-amanda-serrano-15.jpg

katie-taylor-amanda-serrano-16.jpg

katie-taylor-amanda-serrano-20.jpg

katie-taylor-amanda-serrano-22.jpg

katie-taylor-amanda-serrano-23.jpg

katie-taylor-amanda-serrano-25.jpg

katie-taylor-amanda-serrano-28.jpg

katie-taylor-amanda-serrano-29.jpg

katie-taylor-amanda-serrano-31.jpg

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Ninja05

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I thought Canelo was a hype job and lost to Lara. However, this Bivol fight is showing that he really wants to be great.

I agree with him. Benevidez and Charlo need to fight at 168. They need to clear each other out so that he can fight the winner. They need to generate their own buzz rather than waiting for the sweepstakes. That’s a million poverty fight (the winner).

I see Spence fighting Canelo at 164 (catch weight in two years).

scullydog

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Bivol got some good wins. He beat the tough as Cuban. He beat a lot of good fighters that had to come down from 190-195 or even 200 to get to 175. Not knocking Canelo's power, but it has to be regular as he gets up in weight. He has to be on them roids if his power is sustainable in the upper weight classes. I think I am gonna go with Bivol too. I might even say by knockout. Bivol's weight might be too much for him. I got to look at some of Canelo's old fights where he was fighting someone in their prime and they were heavier than him. I got a few hours for that.

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Really? I got to look at a couple of full fights of Bivol. I was looking at some of his highlights and he looks pretty good. He has volume punching, plus he his real hard. I got to see how he faired for a whole fight. Once I do that, I will make the decision to go with him. For one, I think he is bigger than Canelo. The skill level is about the same. I got to see a whole fight, then I will see if he can do it.
We'll revisit this u could be right but i don't think Canelo picks anybody he could lose to he n picks opponents he see their weakness b4 hand

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I agree with him. Benevidez and Charlo need to fight at 168. They need to clear each other out so that he can fight the winner. They need to generate their own buzz rather than waiting for the sweepstakes. That’s a million poverty fight (the winner).
You might have a point now...

but I have always had issues with this Charlo/Benavidez "roadblock" since Nestor Gibbs presented the potential fight to Benavedez Sr. and Charlo at the 2019 WBC Convention (Where this fight idea was birthed):

1. Charlo was Canelo's WBC mandatory at 160 and he dropped the belt, accepted the franchise and moved up instead of fighting him. So if anyone has a right to the fight next its Charlo.
  2. I'm not so certain Canelo would've pursued the 168 route had not Benavidez lost his belt on the scales
  3. If I were Charlo, I would tell Benavidez to fight me at 160 with no rehydration clause like how Canelo be doing all his opponents :D
  4. Canelo took that DAZN deal when Andrade, GGG and them were signing up with Eddie Hearn as potential Canelo opponents and he has yet to fight either one of them as of now.
Now I don't take the opinion that Canelo is ducking, however, it does seem a little too coincidental that he has been in two weight divisions with two dudes in Charlo & Andrade and has yet to fight and now all of a sudden they have to fight each other to fight him while he's taking lesser threats.

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
You might have a point now...

but I have always had issues with this Charlo/Benavidez "roadblock" since Nestor Gibbs presented the potential fight to Benavedez Sr. and Charlo at the 2019 WBC Convention (Where this fight idea was birthed):

1. Charlo was Canelo's WBC mandatory at 160 and he dropped the belt, accepted the franchise and moved up instead of fighting him. So if anyone has a right to the fight next its Charlo.
  2. I'm not so certain Canelo would've pursued the 168 route had not Benavidez lost his belt on the scales
  3. If I were Charlo, I would tell Benavidez to fight me at 160 with no rehydration clause like how Canelo be doing all his opponents :D
  4. Canelo took that DAZN deal when Andrade, GGG and them were signing up with Eddie Hearn as potential Canelo opponents and he has yet to fight either one of them as of now.
Now I don't take the opinion that Canelo is ducking, however, it does seem a little too coincidental that he has been in two weight divisions with two dudes in Charlo & Andrade and has yet to fight and now all of a sudden they have to fight each other to fight him while he's taking lesser threats.
Think he'll fight Charlo he's waiting for Andrade to get washed he never wanted to fight him

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Bivol got some good wins. He beat the tough as Cuban. He beat a lot of good fighters that had to come down from 190-195 or even 200 to get to 175. Not knocking Canelo's power, but it has to be regular as he gets up in weight. He has to be on them roids if his power is sustainable in the upper weight classes. I think I am gonna go with Bivol too. I might even say by knockout. Bivol's weight might be too much for him. I got to look at some of Canelo's old fights where he was fighting someone in their prime and they were heavier than him. I got a few hours for that.
It's not so much about Canelo's power but his chin. If his chin gets cracked, then you have a different fight.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I see this as a boxing match that goes to the decision unless Canelo catches Bivol with something he never been hit with or he gets stopped to the body. Bivol don't knock anyone out like that but it will be impressive if he does happen to stop Canelo (which I can't see happening). So Bivol is going to have to keep with the jabs, the double jabs and lateral movements and try hard not to let it look like its a close fight cause any swing rounds with the crowd noise the judges are going to give it to Canelo.

gman4gov

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Think he'll fight Charlo he's waiting for Andrade to get washed he never wanted to fight him
Charlo, Benevidez, Andrade, and maybe GGG need to start squaring up in order to face Canelo. Unsure why taking a L is the end?

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Canelo undercard just got weaker

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Charlo, Benevidez, Andrade, and maybe GGG need to start squaring up in order to face Canelo. Unsure why taking a L is the end?

Felt like GGG won the 1st match but the 2nd match he got dominated Canelo won that easily

He shouldn't be included in this

scullydog

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I’ll check it out
HeathCliff, I have been doing a bit of research on Bivol. He ain't no joke and his jacket got some good fighters on it. He don't knockout a lot of people but he has knockout power. I think he has a good chance to beat the cash cow. The only way he won't win if the big boys don't want him too. I just don't see Canelo knocking him out when he has face heavier hitters like Barrera and Smith. Canelo does have the back punch that takes the strength and endurance out of most fighters, but I just do think Canelo is going to touch him like that. Bivol got good movement. What you think?

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
HeathCliff, I have been doing a bit of research on Bivol. He ain't no joke and his jacket got some good fighters on it. He don't knockout a lot of people but he has knockout power. I think he has a good chance to beat the cash cow. The only way he won't win if the big boys don't want him too. I just don't see Canelo knocking him out when he has face heavier hitters like Barrera and Smith. Canelo does have the back punch that takes the strength and endurance out of most fighters, but I just do think Canelo is going to touch him like that. Bivol got good movement. What you think?
I agree with you whole heartedly. Bivol has enough lateral movement to avoid Canelo's assault and he has a gas tank. A lot of boxing Youtube channels aren't giving Bivol a chance, like Canelo is supposed to be invincible. I don't see it. Bivol is a live dog and that's why I am putting him in a $100 parlay and stacking it with a couple guarantees. Now I EXPECT Canelo to win but I see some things with Bivol's size and skills that can exploit something in Canelo since he'll be the bigger fighter.