Official Boxing Thread

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Bout to watch my 1st shobox Wed night card to see how Brandun Lee looks compared to the fabolous 4 who are just a bit older than him

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Kell Brook negotiated with Arum himself for his $2 mil purse for upcoming fight vs Crawford, also won't have Ingle and is training himself in Spain smh

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Three more days :pain:

I'm going to ride with Loma on this one. It seems kind of early for Lopez. He seems like he still a physical fighter who relies on gifts. He hasn't had to rely on skill yet so I don't know how he's going to react. I like what Freddie Roach said, power is great when it lands but what happens when you can't land.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm going to ride with Loma on this one. It seems kind of early for Lopez. He seems like he still a physical fighter who relies on gifts. He hasn't had to rely on skill yet so I don't know how he's going to react. I like what Freddie Roach said, power is great when it lands but what happens when you can't land.
I got my money on Lomachenko too. I don't like Lopez for some reason. But if he can pull this off, then he gets my respect.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Arum can try to get the ESPN machine behind him to give him another level push taking head off the #1 p4p boxer in the world etc., along with Teo Sr.'s mouth i think Teo would make his ppv debut the next fight

Doubt it because Loma isn't even a PPV star.

BKF

Rising Star
Registered
Arum can try to get the ESPN machine behind him to give him another level push taking head off the #1 p4p boxer in the world etc., along with Teo Sr.'s mouth i think Teo would make his ppv debut the next fight
Both Loma and GGG have had promotional push behind them and neither is a PPV star. It's all about personality and having the right opponents.

scullydog

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Lopez for the win. First, Lopez will come to the ring weighing about 150. Second, a good one two would stop all that bouncing Loma does. The jab is the finder and the right hand is the missile. Use the right hand down stairs and upstairs, vary the jab up and down and use the left hook to keep Loma honest. The first five rounds stay in his gut and then start going to the head. Keep everything in the center and the night will be easy for Lopez.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
It's rare for boxers under 147 to do it but its been done, Manny has done it starting when he moved up to 130, and Prince Naseem did it at 126

He has PPV talent but not the size, I don't think there's ever been a 135 lb fighter that headlined a PPV event.