Official Boxing Thread

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
:lol: u doing too much right there, ain't nobody slower than Joe Joyce, well Ajagba looked to give him a run for his money last week but i think Ajagba's mainly just so stiff

In terms of hand speed, these guys make Joe Joyce look like Gary Russell Jr.

I get that they're heavys, but wow...

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Castano, i think Castano will beat Texeira if they fight next
Yeah, Brazilian dudes in boxing....meh. I'm cool on them too. The fact that Team Crawford was looking to move up and fight him has me dropping his stock on that fact alone.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
I heard arum wants to find a way to get Tim Tszyu a shot at Texeira before Castano but not sure if he'll be able to pull it off, but he obviously wants to get Texeira's belt to either Crawford or Tszyu

Yeah, Brazilian dudes in boxing....meh. I'm cool on them too. The fact that Team Crawford was looking to move up and fight him has me dropping his stock on that fact alone.

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Were you not entertained? :giggle:
You know I can't stand Jermell lolll.
But Rosario never had a chance.
Total domination.
All roads in 154 lead to Jermell, no questions asked.
He's still a spoiled loud-mouthed hothead.
If Jermall had Jermell's meanstreak, he could have gotten rid of Dervenchenko.
That fight wasn't close either.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You know I can't stand Jermell lolll.
But Rosario never had a chance.
Total domination.
All roads in 154 lead to Jermell, no questions asked.
He's still a spoiled loud-mouthed hothead.
If Jermall had Jermell's meanstreak, he could have gotten rid of Dervenchenko.
That fight wasn't close either.
I know hate Jermell, I used to didn't like him neither but after that first Harrison fight he started to grow on me. But I thought you could at least appreciate his growth and maturity since Harrison humbled him. Shit, a younger Jermell would've hopped up on the ropes talking shit doing his victory dance after he dropped Rosario the way he did. Instead, he prayed for him. He sounded much more humble in his post-fight speech too.

One thing for sure, the boy's resumé is solidified :yes:

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@HeathCliff are you high on Buatsi at 175?
I was tuned into Thaboxingvoice last February when they had two Brittish dudes on the panel. One was Nigerian and the other had Jamaican in his blood. The debate was, who was better at 175, Yarde or Buatsi. Now at the time I never heard of dude and I thought Yarde was a rising start but he hadn't fought anyone. The two Britts were going at each other in a heated debate and had me intrigued to see what this Buatsi character is all about. I saw one of his fights last year, I'm not necessarily high on him. He ain't fucking with none of the top 5 but he'll get the win tomorrow. I was advised not to bet on a stoppage. LOL. Any one of them Eastern Europeans will tear him apart.

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
@tpotda I'm kinda excited about this fight. I'm backing John Harding Jr. He's the underdog, he said he made Udofia do the "James Brown" in sparring way before he got better. I'm putting a small wager on him in a parlay whether he wins outright or get the KO to maximize my profits. Its a 50/50 fight but my boy from the UK is high on Harding. So I'm taking his advice on this.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Thanks for the info. I enjoy his work (Nash's). Been listening to the Show Money podcasts (via Bloody Elbow / MMA Nation). They talk finance(s), MMA, occasionally boxing, etc. He co-hosts it with friends Jason Cruz & Paul Gift.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
I got Harding in this fight as well, looking forward to seeing Babic as well tmrw

@tpotda I'm kinda excited about this fight. I'm backing John Harding Jr. He's the underdog, he said he made Udofia do the "James Brown" in sparring way before he got better. I'm putting a small wager on him in a parlay whether he wins outright or get the KO to maximize my profits. Its a 50/50 fight but my boy from the UK is high on Harding. So I'm taking his advice on this.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Yeah John Nash has done really good work on the UFC's finances especially and how much Dana has underpaid his talent, his work on the boxing payouts haven't been as extensive but I listen to him whenever he's a guest on Mookie & Crookie show and i follow him on twitter

Thanks for the info. I enjoy his work (Nash's). Been listening to the Show Money podcasts (via Bloody Elbow / MMA Nation). They talk finance(s), MMA, occasionally boxing, etc. He co-hosts it with friends Jason Cruz & Paul Gift.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Yeah John Nash has done really good work on the UFC's finances especially and how much Dana has underpaid his talent, his work on the boxing payouts haven't been as extensive but I listen to him whenever he's a guest on Mookie & Crookie show and i follow him on twitter

Good stuff. Yeah - he's a good guest and co-host. Interesting format with that Show Money podcast with the knowledge he has, plus the economist & lawyer's takes too. Listening to the Level Change podcast as I type this.

:cheers:

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend