Official Boxing Thread

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Errol's speech sounds kinda different....
Maybe I'm looking too much into it.
I'm just glad to see he's ok.
thats just how that bama talks
I thought the same thing. They said he had some dental work but He didn’t look well to me.
Yes my sentiments exactly. He said he’s good, dont need not tune up, docs cleared him so I’m chalking it up to the dental work.
I knew I wasn't the only one who picked up on that.....

fles

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Same here. He didn't sound the same. Also, if he wasn't messed up after the accident, why did they wait this long? Dude sustain injuries that they may be keeping under wraps. Health First, I hope the governing bodies try to look after this bruthas health. If he needs to sit out a year, he needs to sit out a year.

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Errol was driving drunk, but you're blaming the interviewer?
He had every right to tell him drive safely IMO.

It wasn't his place to condescend the 2nd biggest star on PBC in his first interview back. On live TV. That was the kind of shit that drove Wilder away from Showtime...not getting respect from your own network.

Then had nerve to put his hand out for a handshake after he got what he wanted...the exclusive interview.

Plus he asked him if his DUI charge would keep him out of the ring. AFTER Errol told him he can't talk about that due to the pending case.

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
It wasn't his place to condescend the 2nd biggest star on PBC in his first interview back. On live TV. That was the kind of shit that drove Wilder away from Showtime...not getting respect from your own network.

Then had nerve to put his hand out for a handshake after he got what he wanted...the exclusive interview.

Plus he asked him if his DUI charge would keep him out of the ring. AFTER Errol told him he can't talk about that due to the pending case.
I feel u but it's a reporters job to ask the questions if it was a white fighter u'd be in here like why didn't his ask him about the dui

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I feel u but it's a reporters job to ask the questions if it was a white fighter u'd be in here like why didn't his ask him about the dui

The man's race has nothing to do with what I stated.

He IS the 2nd biggest star on PBC. As such he deserves more respect from a FREELANCE interviewer who was just calling DAZN fights last month.

If we were talking about Caleb Plant I would say the same.

Side note: CALEB PLANT just married the FINE ASS BLACK WOMAN who is the main interviewer for PBC and does the YouTube videos...Jordan.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

What's to ask about the DUI?

How much did you drink?

What'd you have to drink?

How'd you feel after the car flipped?

How much are lawyer fees?

The questions were unnecessary.

Side note: CALEB PLANT just married the FINE ASS BLACK WOMAN who is the main interviewer for PBC and does the YouTube videos...Jordan.

"Fine"?

giphy.gif

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
3rd biggest star, don't forget Manny

The man's race has nothing to do with what I stated.

He IS the 2nd biggest star on PBC. As such he deserves more respect from a FREELANCE interviewer who was just calling DAZN fights last month.

If we were talking about Caleb Plant I would say the same.

rude_dog

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

It wasn't just his speech. He didn't look well at all. His face was off, I couldn't tell if it was swollen or were his psychomotor skills off. His eyes weren't right, like a drunk during a sobriety test. It could have been because of the dental work. He even looked like standing was a problem.

They've been very secretive about his injuries. Understandably so with the possibility of the DUI lurking but it was concerning with the amount of time he spent in the ICU. You're only in the ICU if you're really fucked up, not just for facial injuries.

tpotda

Rising Star
Registered
Smart for Showtime putting on a boxing card 3 days after Xmas. In England they have a huge soccer schedule thru the holidays and the NBA owns Xmas day. Japan always has a Rizin NYE card of note. This period is there for the taking

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Call me crazy but I can see Floyd taking this fight (even though my predictions have him not returning). A Mexican with a big name and a relatively huge following that's slow, poses no threat, no chance of getting knocked out and the fight will be a big draw.

There I think I hit on all the high points :lol:

HeathCliff

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh yes, it's going down...Fight Night tomorrow plus the Prach Bowl with #1 and #2. Gonna be a huge sports night and Atlanta will be at the heart of it with Nationwide attention.
I'm so happy they're fighting in Atlanta. Should've BEEN fighting in Atlanta. I'm tired of watching them SoCal fights in the half empty Stub Hub stadium outdoors with announcers wearing coats and scarfs about to freeze and shit :lol:

the13thround

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Oh yes, it's going down...Fight Night tomorrow plus the Peach Bowl with #1 and #2. Gonna be a huge sports night and Atlanta will be at the heart of it with Nationwide attention.
I'm so happy they're fighting in Atlanta. Should've BEEN fighting in Atlanta. I'm tired of watching them SoCal fights in the half empty Stub Hub stadium outdoors with announcers wearing coats and scarfs about to freeze and shit :lol:
The last time a big fight was in Atlanta was when Holyfield fought Vaughn Bean at the Georgia Dome in 98.
Had to be over 40,000 people at the fight.

doug777

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A Mexican with a big name and a relatively huge following that's slow, poses no threat, no chance of getting knocked out and the fight will be a big draw.
Jr is still 6'1" and 8 years younger plus his Mexican fans have had it with this loser after once again quitting on the stool.
Bodie: Can you believe this came from Chavez Sr?