Official Boxing Thread

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Anthony Joshua has received 'no response' from Deontay Wilder over unification fight - Barry Hearn
Anthony Joshua's camp have so far had "no response" from Deontay Wilder's representatives despite renewed efforts to set up a heavyweight unification fight, according to head of Matchroom Sport Barry Hearn.

WBA-WBO-IBF champion Joshua has repeatedly stated that WBC titlist Wilder is his No. 1 target for his next fight, which is due to take place at Wembley Stadium, London on April 13.

Negotiations between the pair collapsed last year after the WBA grew tired of the protracted talks, ordering Joshua to take on Russian mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin instead. Wilder, meanwhile, went on to face former heavyweight title holder Tyson Fury in a memorable draw in Los Angeles last month.

According to Hearn, Joshua's camp have continued to push for the Wilder fight, but they have been left frustrated with the lack of response from the American's people.

"We would desperately love to fight Deontay Wilder in Wembley on April 13th," Hearn told Love Sports Radio.

"Unfortunately [I have] to report that so far despite three, four emails, dozens of phone calls, we haven't had one response from Deontay Wilder's team.

"So sooner or later, you take the hint that maybe they don't want us that bad. But then they're also planning a Tyson Fury rematch."

If neither Wilder nor Fury are available for April, Joshua is likely to turn to London rival Dillian Whyte -- who defeated Dereck Chisora for a second time in December.

Joshua entered the ring to speak with Whyte following his 11th-round knockout victory, telling the Brixton boxer he "knows how the list goes", insinuating he was second choice to Wilder.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/...-deontay-wilder-unification-fight-barry-hearn

DEONTAY WILDER DUCKING ANTHONY JOSHUA NEGOTIATION ATTEMPTS

Deontay Wilder: Breazeale's Not Next Unless Fury's 'A Coward'

Last edited:

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Manny Pacquiao Gives Back To The Philippines | Episode 1 Preview

Adrien Broner Reveals Jailhouse Moment | Episode 1 Preview

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
What happened to One Champion One Face One Name? :lol:Man... fight AJ if you can't get Fury. A soon as AJ announces a fight with any body, Wilder will go back to calling him a coward or scared SMFH. Duck season

DEONTAY WILDER: "I'LL FIGHT BREAZEALE NEXT IF TYSON FURY'S A COWARD"!!!

I don't believe none of these niggas. But I damned sure don't believe Eddie Hearn.

Wilder needs to fight Fury again, which guarantees AJ won't fight either of them until at least late this year.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Shit. I bet the house on Tenshin, and now I'm without home. I thought he had a great chance.

mayweather-tenshin-pictures-video.jpg

:roflmao3:

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't believe none of these niggas. But I damned sure don't believe Eddie Hearn.

Wilder needs to fight Fury again, which guarantees AJ won't fight either of them until at least late this year.

It don't look like Fury wants that fight right now. Fury wants a 50/50 split and his camp would want that fight in the UK. Wilder is not going to the UK. He said that in a interview.

The WBC is not forcing him to fight his mandatory. Now is his chance to get in the ring with AJ while both fighters are free. After all that shit Wilder was talking about AJ. He have to fight him now. Wilder straight up ducking AJ. This shit is embarrassing.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
“What do I personally think myself?” Davison continued, “I think that Tyson’s been out of the ring for two and a half years and stepped in to fight one of these two men.

“I think that those two need to get it on now. It’s been three years and they’ve not managed to get a fight organised between the pair of them.

I think them two need to fight and Tyson will fight the winner of that, that’s how I think it should be made.

“To me, I think Tyson should come out and explain that: ‘I’ve shown you boys how it’s done, it’s about time you both stepped up to the plate.’

“I think that needs to happen because I think it’s damaging for the heavyweight division.

“If Tyson hadn’t stepped up for that Deontay Wilder fight, then it would have been a shambles for a heavyweight division, but because he did he’s took the heavyweight division to another level.”

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yall boy ducking. EGO, boxing nation, 78sports and the rest of the LDBC making excuses for this shit.

In the boxing Voice interview Wilder said he is not fighting AJ for any amount of money. All of this shit is in that interview.

svh01 19 hours ago
So, Wilder says his mission is to become undisputed then 5mins later stated he won't fight Joshua no matter what they offer......He's also delusional if thinks anyone beside him & Fury wants the rematch MORE than we want AJ/Wilder.

Tim Ellis
20 hours ago
Nice to see Winkle pretend to lose signal when asked about wilder vs klichsko.

marley B
21 hours ago (edited)
FINKEL - admitted to protecting wilder from klitschkov
WILDER - admitted for the 100th time he doesn’t want to fight AJ
FINKEL - refuses to say Warren wasn’t involved with the bogus 50 mil
WILDER - says it’s not about money but won’t fight Fury in the UK because he wants to make more money
NES - Wilder has to accept 28mil...
WILDER - I’m not interested in fighting AJ for any amount
GREAT VIDEO!!!!!

The comment section. They turning against BGOL favorite boxer oh shit lol.

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
Yall boy ducking. EGO, boxing nation, 78sports and the rest of the LDBC making excuses for this shit.

In the boxing Voice interview Wilder said he is not fighting AJ for any amount of money. All of this shit is in that interview.

svh01 19 hours ago
So, Wilder says his mission is to become undisputed then 5mins later stated he won't fight Joshua no matter what they offer......He's also delusional if thinks anyone beside him & Fury wants the rematch MORE than we want AJ/Wilder.

Tim Ellis
20 hours ago
Nice to see Winkle pretend to lose signal when asked about wilder vs klichsko.

marley B
21 hours ago (edited)
FINKEL - admitted to protecting wilder from klitschkov
WILDER - admitted for the 100th time he doesn’t want to fight AJ
FINKEL - refuses to say Warren wasn’t involved with the bogus 50 mil
WILDER - says it’s not about money but won’t fight Fury in the UK because he wants to make more money
NES - Wilder has to accept 28mil...
WILDER - I’m not interested in fighting AJ for any amount
GREAT VIDEO!!!!!

I lost respect for 78. He became a Wilder dickrider.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
AJ ain't fighting either dude this year. Maybe it would happen later in the year at the earliest. I see him fighting Wilder in the spring (if he doesn't fight his mandatory Brezeale)

Fury/Wilder is the best thing to happen for AJ because it gives him a built-in excuse on why he's not fighting either man.

Nah AJ wants to unify now. Their is no excuse.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This interview was done before Wilder fought Fury. Venue and date was available before that fight. The only person making excuse's now is Wilder.

LDBC got yall believing Wilder emotional ass.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This interview is before that fight.

This interview was done before Wilder fought Fury. Venue and date was available before that fight. The only person making excuse's now is Wilder.

LDBC got yall believing Wilder emotional ass.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
And like I said I don't believe any of them. Where was all that energy before Wilder fought Fury? He was quiet while Hearn kept moving the goalposts during negotiations.

What moving goal post Hern offered wilder 15 million before and now 28 million.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wilder also said that 15 million was slave wages. Yet Wilder has yet to make 15 million in any fight.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So it was 12 - 15 - 22 to 28 million plus up side and more percentages oh and a rematch in America. Ok the goal post is moving in Wilder's favor :hmm: :lol:

Rollie_Fingaz

Rising Star
OG Investor
What moving goal post Hern offered wilder 15 million before and now 28 million.

And I said this before: The Fury/Wilder outcome is the best thing to happen to AJ because if Wilder fights anyone other than him it's considered a duck.

Where I disagree with Wilder is that he this is he thinks on the same playing field money-wise as AJ. The fact is he's not and that fight showed vulnerability. Hearn and AJ are playing Billy Bad Ass now but I don't want to hear AJ's mouth because the whole time Wilder was calling him out he was quiet.

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
As of right now Wilder n Haymon not accepting any offers from Hearns so stop saying AJ duckin the fight if it's his team is the ones doing the reaching out

Yall gotta admit; it started out as a good idea but this PBC shit is bad for boxing

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

And I said this before: The Fury/Wilder outcome is the best thing to happen to AJ because if Wilder fights anyone other than him it's considered a duck.

Where I disagree with Wilder is that he this is he thinks on the same playing field money-wise as AJ. The fact is he's not and that fight showed vulnerability. Hearn and AJ are playing Billy Bad Ass now but I don't want to hear AJ's mouth because the whole time Wilder was calling him out he was quiet.

It's considered a duck because of the way Wilder was talking before the Fury fight, and after the fight. 9 out out 10 interview's leading up to the fight with Fury was about AJ. He was talking about how scared AJ was. All we heard was how "AJ was a coward, he's scared to fight me he's protected" Wilder was more focused on AJ then Fury in these interviews. Wilder used AJ to promote that fight.

Now that he has a chance to fight that man that he thinks is a coward and scared. He won't respond to email or calls :confused: now. He would rather fight Fury again after his camp is telling Wilder to fight AJ. Or fight a mandatory that is not being forced on him for less money, instead of unifying and making his biggest pay day ever :hmm: This shit aint adding up here. Wilder been in the businesses way longer then AJ. He could've fought every one of those guys AJ fought, but he didn't. He sat back and let AJ do the hard work. Now he thinks he deserves a 50/50 split and he won't fight in the UK.

One champion one face one name? Yet he don' want to unify when he has the chance to. :roflmao:I'm not surprised cause he never tried to unify when those other heavy weight had the belts.

This fight not happening now is on Wilder. The second AJ announces his next fight. Wilder will start again, with the he's scared to fight me rant. :smh: I hope AJ fights Ortiz next cause some people think Ortiz is a boogeyman / killer :rolleyes:

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't want to hear shit from Wilder if he takes that mandatory. Dominic Breazeale is a punching bag lol.

Deontay Wilder NOT Being a Unified Champion YET is an EMBARRASSMENT!!!