**Official Apple WWDC-08/Apple iPhone 2.0 thread**

Dert Bagg

Star
Registered
wwdc-keynote_190.jpg

Dert Bagg

Star
Registered
"These deals are all signed, sealed, and delivered. Our stretch goal was 25 countries -- we'll be in 70 countries this year, we think we can check off more countries." Applause.

"Which brings us to more affordable."

"iPhone started off at $599 for an 8GB device, which now sells for $399 -- we want to make it even more affordable. I'm happy to tell you the 8GB will sell for $199."

"We think the iPhone 3G will be affordable to almost everyone. 16GB model for $299 -- for that model we have a white one."

WHITE IPHONE!?

smitty12

Star
BGOL Investor
As I Sit here and wactch the Stock Ticker. Seeing if the Investment in Apple is gunna amek me some money like it did the first time.

199 for 8G and 299 for 16G
I'm sold I'll be buying another one. Dam apple

An Appple fan and his Money will soon be seperated.

djdelite

Support BGOL
Registered
im tryin to give my girl my old one an cop the new one..but she dont want no hand me down..WTF..she was the main one sayin she never wanted the fuckin phone..so she should jus deal with mines as an entry level...hahahah

Jagi

True Fist of the North Star
OG Investor
so what are the excuses being developed for why it sucks now?

Man people are going to have to be creative to come up with some shit. they cut the price and 3g what is left to hate on?

The iphone sucks because steve jobs touched it? :lol:
The iphone sucks because the apple logo on the back gives you a rash? :lol:
The iphone sucks because 15 years ago steve jobs ate a pie and didn't tip the waiter what a bastard :lol:

As I Sit here and wactch the Stock Ticker. Seeing if the Investment in Apple is gunna amek me some money like it did the first time.

199 for 8G and 299 for 16G
I'm sold I'll be buying another one. Dam apple

An Appple fan and his Money will soon be seperated.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

MadSkillz

Star
Registered
Just check with Verizon on my billing and they answered no prob but then I asked when my contracts end. LOL I knew the service person was surprised when I asked that!!!:lol::lol::lol:

Any way I am free form Verizon on July 15 :dance::dance:

I'm leaving and I will tell them why very shortly. Dumb idiots at Verizon had first shot at the iPhone and blew it. Vodafone who owns Verizon sells iPhone in europe. The fuck is wrong with Verizon.

ljinsane

Star
Registered
m1213034702.jpg

11:09 am Talking about the App Store. A way for developers to reach every single iPhone user. Wireless download support, automatic updates, developer sets the price and keep 70% of revenue, FairPlay wrapped, no charge to anyone for free apps.

11:10 am Available in 62 countries. If the app is less than 10MB, it can be downloaded through the cell network. Otherwise, it requires WiFi or iTunes.

11:11 am Enterprises can distribute apps just to their employees. They authorize iPhones within their enterprise and then create applications that just run on those phones. The apps can be distributed just through their intranet.

CORPORATE HATERS CAN EAT A DICK!!! :lol:

:rolleyes:...um this is not new...you can already do this with other phones and exhisting technology..so who's really eating dick...oh wait that would be you...and you eating job's member...now dont spit....

THE POINT IS IT IS GETTING REAL CORPORATE SUPPORT.

But I guess you gonna get all nerdy with that shit. If CTOs of big corps are checking out the iPhone I would think its time to take the iPhone seriously as a solution...wait a minute. You ain't a CTO are you? So just sit back and wait for your boss to tell you what they'll adopt.

Um no corporation who values their data is going to use the iphone as a solution...puh lease....you dont even know what you are talking about...and you showed that with this statement: 'But I guess you gonna get all nerdy with that shit'....any person with decent technical knowledge knows what I was talking about ...and by decent ...i mean knowing how to tur nthe computer on...dumbass...keep sucking that apple dick......:lol:

Jagi

OG Investor
oh and there are multiple iPhone threads popping up

somewhere Afroyale is pitching a bitch flipping furniture :lol::lol::lol:

MadSkillz

Star
Registered
:rolleyes:...um this is not new...you can already do this with other phones and exhisting technology..so who's really eating dick...oh wait that would be you...and you eating job's member...now dont spit....

Um no corporation who values their data is going to use the iphone as a solution...puh lease....you dont even know what you are talking about...and you showed that with this statement: 'But I guess you gonna get all nerdy with that shit'....any person with decent technical knowledge knows what I was talking about ...and by decent ...i mean knowing how to tur nthe computer on...dumbass...keep sucking that apple dick......:lol:

Uh is that you Steve Ballmer?

steve_ballmer2.jpg

Cause I swear you are hating for no reason.:lol:

alexw

Unapologetically Afrikan!
Platinum Member
damn that shit is too cheap

everyone is going to have one like the old Razrs

the shit isnt cool when u see old ladies talkin on it

ljinsane

Star
Registered
sorry bro but major corporations are looking into the iPhone

not for the reasons you think...and they are 'looking into it'...you'll be hard pressed to find a CTO who's going to tell their work force to get rid of their blackberrys....

Uh is that you Steve Ballmer?

steve_ballmer2.jpg

Cause I swear you are hating for no reason.:lol:

when did I mention MS...thats right I didnt...this further shows your ignorance...ppc's and other smartphones are not longer limited to one OS...there is Palm...Blackberry, MS and ....Android...which is gonna give Apple a real run for its money...especially since Users will be able to flash their current devices with Android ....the latter of which is already being done......:yes:..and enough with that hating bullshit....I talk shit cause its gets you apple fanbitch's panties in a bunch....I have always maintained that I liked the iphonefor what it is and I still maintain that....I'm a gadget guy...i get bored of devices real quick and I'm already on my 3rd ppc in less than two years...I'm getting bored with the os...but not its capabilities...like being able to use my phone as a wifi hotspot to using my phone's 3g connection for my laptop...cant do that(yet) with the iphone.....I might be giving the iphone a try I'm waiting for the new blackberry 9000 to drop and waiting on Android's developments before I make the plung...so there is no so called hating...I just have technical knowledge that prevents me from being a fanbitch

Last edited:

Lord T

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Damn might have to get that 16GB 3G iPhone. Edge suck fat nuts! Now I have to find a way to unload my 8GB iPhone. Is Apple or AT&T going to do a trade in your previous iPhone for an upgrade and pay the difference deal? Even though I paid $399 for my 8GB I know they won't give me full credit for it. Anyone know?

RealHipHop

Support BGOL
Registered
I'm cool with my current phone. When they gonna drop the prices on the Touch is what I wanna know. The Zen is fuckin full and i'm lookin @ the touch as a new player.

FLoss

“You better learn to work with the illegals nigga”
BGOL Investor
Um no corporation who values their data is going to use the iphone as a solution...

Oh really. You iphone haters/blackberry drones are too funny....posted this in a hater thread a while back when iPhone 2.0 was first announced.......

Steve Jobs just couldn't resist. The secretive Apple chief executive, who is known to have spent some of his early days hacking the phone system, took a jab at rival smart-phone maker Research In Motion as Apple unveiled new business-friendly features for the iPhone on Thursday. The biggest news: Apple has licensed Microsoft's Exchange ActiveSync for the iPhone, allowing iPhone users to pour e-mail and calendar information living on their company's Microsoft Exchange systems directly into the iPhone.

By contrast, Jobs said, BlackBerry users rely on servers run by Research In Motion (nasdaq: RIMM - news - people ) to shuttle information between corporate servers and BlackBerry users. "Every e-mail goes through a NOC [Network Operations Center] up in Canada," Jobs said during a question and answer session with reporters. "That provides a single point of failure, but it also provides a very interesting security situation, where someone working up at that NOC could be potentially having a little look at your e-mail. Nobody seems to be focused on that. We certainly are. We think that a direct connection could be a little more secure."

:D:D:D

MadSkillz

Star
Registered
not for the reasons you think...and they are 'looking into it'...you'll be hard pressed to find a CTO who's going to tell their work force to get rid of their blackberrys....

when did I mention MS...thats right I didnt...this further shows your ignorance...ppc's and other smartphones are not longer limited to one OS...there is Palm...Blackberry, MS and ....Android...which is gonna give Apple a real run for its money...especially since Users will be able to flash their current devices with Android ....the latter of which is already being done......:yes:..and enough with that hating bullshit....I talk shit cause its gets you apple fanbitch's panties in a bunch....I have always maintained that I liked the iphonefor what it is and I still maintain that....I'm a gadget guy...i get bored of devices real quick and I'm already on my 3rd ppc in less than two years...I'm getting bored with the os...but not its capabilities...like being able to use my phone as a wifi hotspot to using my phone's 3g connection for my laptop...cant do that(yet) with the iphone.....I might be giving the iphone a try I'm waiting for the new blackberry 9000 to drop and waiting on Android's developments before I make the plung...so there is no so called hating...I just have technical knowledge that prevents me from being a fanbitch

Dude you come in here spittin' venom and you talking about fan bitches. I was trying to have a clean no argument discussion in here. You come in here just to disparage the iPhone. So GTFOH with your negative hatin' ass.

Stay on topic and be positive instead of the constant negativity.

divine

Superstar
BGOL Investor
The more you talk, the more you tell on yourself... you basically just admitted Apple is the best out there... So, Android is the only one capable of giving Apple a "real" run for its money...in your words.

:lol:

when did I mention MS...thats right I didnt...this further shows your ignorance...ppc's and other smartphones are not longer limited to one OS...there is Palm...Blackberry, MS and ....Android...which is gonna give Apple a real run for its money...especially since Users will be able to flash their current devices with Android ....the latter of which is already being done......:yes:..and enough with that hating bullshit....I talk shit cause its gets you apple fanbitch's panties in a bunch....

ljinsane

Star
Registered
The more you talk, the more you tell on yourself... you basically just admitted Apple is the best out there... So, Android is the only one capable of giving Apple a "real" run for its money...in your words.

:lol:

Android is already 'out'...idiot..learn to read..and telling on myself ?..idiot...I just said i'm probably gonna give it a try....:smh: ..ya'll say i'm being negative...everything i said was true not speculation...35% participating in a beta program doesnt mean shit...show me the numbers of who actually buys these phones in bulk...for buisness use....the phone is one of the best personal use phone right now...but for buisness...no...thats a fact...as a 10 year I.T. veteran (oh and I'm laughing at dudes who think i'm just a worker)...no sysadmin is gonna use this phoen to connect to servers...why...cant see shit...the onscreen keyboard covers half the damn screen...plus the onscreen keyboard opens the doors to too many typos and in a sysadmin world a single type can me the deathe of a server...also fact....this aint negative its the truth ya'll niggas need help

and that blackberry statement is bullshit...blackberry users do not have to use RIM's server..you can configure the email client to use whatever server you want PERIOD. like I said ya'lll dumb ass niggas need help...ya'll belive and eat up what eever Jobs tell ya'll but dont do no godamn research...but wanna call somebody a hater when they point out the truth about things...GTFOH...

Last edited:

Jagi

OG Investor
Android is already 'out'...idiot..learn to read..and telling on myself ?..idiot...I just said i'm probably gonna give it a try....:smh: ..ya'll say i'm being negative...everything i said was tru not speculation...35% participating in a beta program doesnt mean shit...show me the numbers of who actually buys these phones in bulk...for buisness use..ya'll niggas need help

no one buys in bulk, you make contract deals with carriers who provide so called discounts to corporate customers who then expense the bill.

no different from my blackberry. bought it with corporate card, charge bill to card (which reminds me my expenses are late) and your corporate card gets reimbursed.

its not like a company buys 1000 phones and hands them out

divine

Superstar
BGOL Investor
You don't even understand your own comments.. you basically said Android is the only OS that can give Apple a run for its money... do you not see the power in your statement and how it hypes up Apple? Poor child.

Android is already 'out'...idiot..learn to read..and telling on myself ?..idiot...I just said i'm probably gonna give it a try....:smh: ..ya'll say i'm being negative...everything i said was tru not speculation...35% participating in a beta program doesnt mean shit...show me the numbers of who actually buys these phones in bulk...for buisness use..ya'll niggas need help

ljinsane

Star
Registered
no one buys in bulk, you make contract deals with carriers who provide so called discounts to corporate customers who then expense the bill.

no different from my blackberry. bought it with corporate card, charge bill to card (which reminds me my expenses are late) and your corporate card gets reimbursed.

its not like a company buys 1000 phones and hands them out

you took what I said too literally..I'm well aware of what you speak of we do the same thing where I work...and that also reminds me I need to turn in my expense report before the fiscal quarter ends.