Official 2024 NFL off season Discussion!!!

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
123504775_3623940961032871_1673747221455329080_o.jpg

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Crazy thing is both went to Super Bowls that they probably should have won. SB 43; the Warner INT-James Harrison TD return at the end of the 1st half; yet when Fitzgerald caught that in route and housed it in the 4th quarter I thought it was over, only for Pittsburgh to march down and win it on that perfect throw from Rapeth.....um..Roethlisberger to Santonio Holmes. SB 51; well......yeah. Both will be in the HOF but were mere plays away from hitting immortality status.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Crazy thing is both went to Super Bowls that they probably should have won. SB 43; the Warner INT-James Harrison TD return at the end of the 1st half; yet when Fitzgerald caught that in route and housed it in the 4th quarter I thought it was over, only for Pittsburgh to march down and win it on that perfect throw from Rapeth.....um..Roethlisberger to Santonio Holmes. SB 51; well......yeah. Both will be in the HOF but were mere plays away from hitting immortality status.
That's why when you get there you better take it because you may never get there again.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't think Montgomery is that good
I don't get how he's still in the league he's a receiver playing running back but who shouldn't be a running back and isn't good enough to be a receiver. Aaron had him looking alright though initially.

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't get how he's still in the league he's a receiver playing running back but who shouldn't be a running back and isn't good enough to be a receiver. Aaron had him looking alright though initially.

You talking about Ty Montgomery? :lol:

Forgot about dude, I just looked it up and noticed that he's playing for the saints.

Complex was talking about David Montgomery, the bears 2nd year running back.

He's decent, good contact balance, vision, decent hands, but lacks breakaway speed. He's a younger Jordan Howard with better hands

cold-n-cocky

BGOL Gold Member
Yet a few years ago he gave the Bears 100+ and a couple of TDs TWICE in one season :smh:.

cold-n-cocky

BGOL Gold Member
I don't think Montgomery is that good
If he had a decent line he could be a 1000 yard rusher. I saw him hit a few holes yesterday that showed what he could do if he could get even average run blocking. As it is, he consiskeeps making chicken salad out of chicken shit; he get 2, 3, 4 yards on a carry strictly through lower body strength and sheer will.

All that said, had a perfectly good back in Jordan Howard who had reasonable success under Nagy in 2018; somehow that wasn’t enough so he gets shipped to Philly for a damn SIXTH rounder. :smh: :angry:

Nagy thinks he’s the genius of Reid or the new age offense of say, Sean McVay; he’s neither and his gimmick offense has been exposed.

code_pirahna

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The NY Giants being on a Monday Night Football game is simply to get higher ratings because of the New York area. No damn way the Giants aka "Tank for the 1st pick" should be on MNF.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

Avery Williamson posts hilarious photo after trade from Jets to Steelers

The New York Jets gave linebacker Avery Williamson the gift of a lifetime on Sunday when they traded him to the Pittsburgh Steelers, and the veteran could not wait to get out of The Big Apple.

BB1aCrFV.img

© Jay Biggerstaff-USA TODAY Sports Avery Williamson (left) isn’t the first player who couldn’t wait to get out of New York this season after the Jets traded him.

The Steelers agreed to trade a 2022 fifth-round draft pick to New York for Williamson and a 2022 seventh-round pick. That means the 28-year-old is going from the worst team in the NFL to the best. Williamson shared a hilarious photo on Instagram that showed him in his full Jets uniform hitchhiking out of New York City.

Pittsburgh had a huge win over the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday to improve to 7-0, which makes the Steelers the NFL's last remaining undefeated team. The Jets, who were blown out by the Kansas City Chiefs, are now 0-8 and the only NFL team without a win. From a competition standpoint, Williamson basically hit the lottery.

Williamson isn’t the first player who couldn’t wait to get out of New York this season after the Jets traded him. We also heard an awesome story about defensive tackle Steve McLendon after he was dealt to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor

Avery Williamson posts hilarious photo after trade from Jets to Steelers

The New York Jets gave linebacker Avery Williamson the gift of a lifetime on Sunday when they traded him to the Pittsburgh Steelers, and the veteran could not wait to get out of The Big Apple.

BB1aCrFV.img

© Jay Biggerstaff-USA TODAY Sports Avery Williamson (left) isn’t the first player who couldn’t wait to get out of New York this season after the Jets traded him.

The Steelers agreed to trade a 2022 fifth-round draft pick to New York for Williamson and a 2022 seventh-round pick. That means the 28-year-old is going from the worst team in the NFL to the best. Williamson shared a hilarious photo on Instagram that showed him in his full Jets uniform hitchhiking out of New York City.

Pittsburgh had a huge win over the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday to improve to 7-0, which makes the Steelers the NFL's last remaining undefeated team. The Jets, who were blown out by the Kansas City Chiefs, are now 0-8 and the only NFL team without a win. From a competition standpoint, Williamson basically hit the lottery.

Williamson isn’t the first player who couldn’t wait to get out of New York this season after the Jets traded him. We also heard an awesome story about defensive tackle Steve McLendon after he was dealt to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

:roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2:

LxB15n.jpg