{~}Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread - it’s that time again, this thread coming to a end

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
He wouldn't be the first to leave a bread trail or even a suicide note on social media, with a mass audience or with virtually none.
But he would be the first from a good supportive nuclear family, and 9 figures worth of salary and endorsement deals from major corporations who loves running to every camera flashing guns, gang signs, and dance moves every chance he gets.

$moneyPit$

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Because i cant directly relate to the method of communication or platform, or draw a direct parallel, doesnt mean i dont recognize the personality type or psyche at play.

Human nature or behavior havent evolved w much in 30 odd years. You can search for some deeper meaning or issue at play if you may. I see a poor decision making, immature, attention needing assclown who needs to grow the fuck up.
This /\/\/\ or the kid can't comprehend what's at stake and needs serious psychiatric help. Is he a real m.o. or Is he playing m.o. sometimes It's best to approach the latter to be safe. He may also be looking for sympathy for all the dumb shit he did :dunno:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Kyrie goes to playoff games and then tells the fans to stop mentioning him :hmm:

and what's with these new age players going to see other games?

Anthony Edwards is trying to learn how to win. :confused: See what life is like outside of Minnesota?

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered
But he would be the first from a good supportive nuclear family, and 9 figures worth of salary and endorsement deals from major corporations who loves running to every camera flashing guns, gang signs, and dance moves every chance he gets.

You didn't quote the part where I asked "You think he can't be unhappy and fucked up or unstable enough to kill himself because he's rich and famous?" But your answer seems to suggest the answer is that you think precisely that.

1) "He would be the first from a good supportive nuclear family"-- We do not know how that man grew up. Lots of families look like the Huxtables and have bad shit going on behind closed doors. The most wrong-headed component of the Ja Morant discourse is that we can make assumptions based on him being from a "nuclear family." Plenty of people from non-nuclear families grew up in much more supportive and healthy environments than some people from nuclear families.

I think a lot of people are unintentionally echoing white conservative criticisms of Black families by asserting that Ja's behavior should be expected from someone raised by a single mother but he's from a good home so he must be merely be a wannabe gangsta.

2) "He would be the first... [with] 9 figures worth of salary and endorsement deals from major corporations"-- Salary and endorsement deals don't mean shit when you have deep-seeded mental health and emotional issues. People with lives that other people, from the outside, think they would kill to have are sometimes deeply unhappy or troubled and decide to end their lives:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor

Why do you think he's from a good supportive family?

He just had two parents in the household.

His mom and dad seem as dysfunctional as he is. They're the ones calling him to handle things at Finishline and volleyball games.

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Uh oh game 6 in Miami here we come!

giphy.webp

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This /\/\/\ or the kid can't comprehend what's at stake and needs serious psychiatric help. Is he a real m.o. or Is he playing m.o. sometimes It's best to approach the latter to be safe. He may also be looking for sympathy for all the dumb shit he did :dunno:

The worst thing Ja's done is dance with a gun. His fuck ups could be a lot worse.

His fuck ups have cost him a lot of money but if a person can't teach him to not dance with a gun when the camera comes on, then I don't know what to say?

This isn't a mental or psychiatric issue, it's a dumbass issue. He's being a dumbass that's influenced by music and being...

I don't know what that nigga wanna be! :lol:

But I'm like @Amajorfucup, I don't feel sorry or empathize with Ja. He danced with a gun out, that's all on him.

There's much worse things that he could've done and pulling out a gun just to show while listening to music is well...

Stupid.

And dangerous.

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered

Lmaoooo I told ya kwame done started some shit… kwame vs Shannon gonna be interesting

The WILDEST thing about sports media is wannabe athletes like Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless can talk about professional athletes like absolute dogs and most people take their words at face value. But when Kwame Brown or JJ Redick say something about a player, they're dismissed if they criticize someone who was better than they were (or even dare to analyze in the case of JJ and say, Larry Bird). If that's the case, Stephen and Skip should never be able to utter a word of criticism!

Also, Kwame smartly pre-empted Shannon's entire critique. He said (paraphrasing) "I know I'm the biggest bust of all-time but I'm talking as a fan now."

Why is it that dudes who could never step on a court can talk reckless but people want to shut up ex-athletes who played for a decade and were just okay players? Fans and pundits can speak freely but Kwame Brown can't have an opinion???

Shannon, if Kwame Brown is a joke, what do you call the motherfucker sitting across from you nodding who has done what Kwame did once for nearly two decades and was a sub-par high school athlete?

Last edited:

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
The WILDEST thing about sports media is wannabe athletes like Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless can talk about professional athletes like absolute dogs and most people take their words at face value. But when Kwame Brown or JJ Redick say something about a player, they're dismissed if they criticize someone who was better than they were (or even dare to analyze in the case of JJ and say, Larry Bird). If that's the case, Stephen and Skip should never be able to utter a word of criticism!

Also, Kwame smartly pre-empted Shannon's entire critique. He said (paraphrasing) "I know I'm the biggest bust of all-time but I'm talking as a fan now."

Why is it that dudes who could never step on a court can talk reckless but people want to shut up people who played for a decade and were just okay players? Fans and pundits can speak freely but Kwame Brown can't have an opinion???
Oh so you did edit out @jack walsh13 calling every sixers player a worthless fag. I saw that shit.

Also, there's nothing wrong with having an opinion but some and most people talk about sports because of hate.

All players have a strength and weakness to their game with some of them being more gifted and talented than others.

Most of these sports pundits haven't played sports a day in their life but know the game well because they study the game and watched them live for decades.

Kwame can say what he wants like everybody else can but it's childish getting mad over other people's opinion's

Last edited:

REDLINE

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Why is it that dudes who could never step on a court can talk reckless but people want to shut up people who played for a decade and were just okay players? Fans and pundits can speak freely but Kwame Brown can't have an opinion???

Shannon, if Kwame Brown is a joke, what do you call the motherfucker sitting across from you who has done what Kwame did once for nearly two decades and was a sub-par high school athlete?

Because Kwame's now known as a clown that seeks attention so no matter what he says whether it's good or bad, it's coming from a
200w.gif

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Oh so you did edit out @jack walsh13 calling every sixers player a worthless fag. I saw that shit.

Also, there's nothing wrong with having an opinion but some and most people talk about sports because of hate.

All players have a strength and weakness to their game with some of them being more gifted and talented than others.

Most of these sports pundits haven't played sports a day in their life but know the game well because they study the game and watched them live for decades.

Kwame can say what he wants like everybody else can but it's childish getting made over other people's opinion's
I got dat pussy on the ban list. Fuck him.

shawn-michaels-marty-jannetty.gif

hX8L8W.jpg

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered

It really stood out to me how he referred to the 76ers players as "my fags"-- a great example of toxic sports fan loserdom. Couldn't be me.

I wasn't worried about anyone seeing the shit-- weird for you to tag him like he's @Obama or somebody important. Just decided a second after hitting send that it was better to focus on loser critics generally than zeroing in on any particular example.

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
It really stood out to me how he referred to the 76ers players as "my fags"-- a great example of toxic sports fan loserdom. Couldn't be me.

I wasn't worried about anyone seeing the shit-- weird for you to tag him like he's @Obama or somebody important. Just decided a second after hitting send that it was better to focus on loser critics generally than zeroing in on any particular example.
So, you admitted it.

Stand on what you say.

Also, it has nothing to do with a person being important, you mentioned him for no reason at all.

You could've made your point without having to add someone into what your debating about.

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered
So, you admitted it.

Stand on what you say.

Also, it has nothing to do with a person being important, you mentioned him for no reason at all.

You could've made your point without having to add someone into what your debating about.

I kind of think you were just excited thinking you caught something. "So you admitted it." :rolleyes: When did I deny it? I edit posts all the time, especially right after I hit send. Is that a scandal, Bob Woodward? (I added that line after I hit send on this one, too!)

You can't tell me to stand on what I said and also lecture me about better approaches. Before you even made it an issue, I reassessed my approach and decided to change it up. You're arguing "You should be wrong forever and here's why you're wrong."

"You could've made your point without having to add someone into what your debating about." Sure. Can, but don't have to. Sometimes it makes a point stronger to add an example. I'm the type who might call a mf'er out from time to time. But in this case I reconsidered on some "A wise man shouldn't argue with fools" shit because every bear isn't worth poking.

The Catcher In The Rye

Rye-sing Star
Registered
I'm not sure "guest in the house of basketball" works. If this was directed at a non-athlete talking head it would have been excellent but not a HOFer from another sport.

Kwame should never brag about being a #1 pick again...

But fantastic job calling out Shannon Sharpe's pathetic fanboying and funny invocation of the Ja Morant situation.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Why do you think he's from a good supportive family?

He just had two parents in the household.

His mom and dad seem as dysfunctional as he is. They're the ones calling him to handle things at Finishline and volleyball games.
Two parent married household.. middle class upbringing, private school education, college reared and a dad who gave up his career dreams to stay local to raise and train him to become a professional athlete... Sounds pretty supportive to me. :dunno:
You didn't quote the part where I asked "You think he can't be unhappy and fucked up or unstable enough to kill himself because he's rich and famous?" But your answer seems to suggest the answer is that you think precisely that.
I mean, yea, from the "anything is possible" school of thought. But we dont have any information to suggest this kids actions are anything other than immaturity based fuck ups and knucklehead wannabe thug bullshit.

pookie

Thinking of a Master Plan
BGOL Investor

Lmaoooo I told ya kwame done started some shit… kwame vs Shannon gonna be interesting

Why is it that dudes who could never step on a court can talk reckless but people want to shut up ex-athletes who played for a decade and were just okay players? Fans and pundits can speak freely but Kwame Brown can't have an opinion???

Shannon, if Kwame Brown is a joke, what do you call the motherfucker sitting across from you nodding who has done what Kwame did once for nearly two decades and was a sub-par high school athlete?

You expect people that didn't play to say stupid shit but Kwame Brown played in the NBA and knows first hand how games play out but he's on there talking about “Kobe Bryant would have rose up for a 3 and won the game“, if ANY player that played in the NBA look at Lebron and says he's not one of the greatest ever then just like Kwame Brown they're liars. The fact that he began his comment saying he knows he was a NBA bust means he knew the stuff he was about to say was gonna get him roasted so he threw that out there so people couldn't bring that up

jawnswoop

It's A Philly Thing
BGOL Investor
You expect people that didn't play to say stupid shit but Kwame Brown played in the NBA and knows first hand how games play out but he's on there talking about “Kobe Bryant would have rose up for a 3 and won the game“, if ANY player that played in the NBA look at Lebron and says he's not one of the greatest ever then just like Kwame Brown they're liars. The fact that he began his comment saying he knows he was a NBA bust means he knew the stuff he was about to say was gonna get him roasted so he threw that out there so people couldn't bring that up
Lebron is a great player even though he has flaws. He's the most clutch player in the league with 4 rings to his name and is a first ballot HOF! It was also reported after the lakers got eliminated that lebron played with a torn tendon. Kobe would've took the 3 but its never a garauntee that he would've made that shot. SO, it's pointless trying to compare kobe game to lebron's because both players impct the game differently. So, lebron shouldn't lose no respect from losing that game to the top team in teh NBA being the Denver nuggets when nobody expected the lakers to get that far. Kwame is a easy target because he never was the player that most people thought he would be after getting drafted with the #1 pick and it's always a gamble how a player will turn out getting drafted high.