~-~-~-~Official 2012 NBA Finals Thread: Miami Heat vs. OKC Thunder(Heat 3-1)~-~-~-~

bronski

Support BGOL
Registered
Re: ~-~-~-~Official 2012 NBA Finals Thread: Miami Heat vs. OKC Thunder(Heat 3-1)~-~-~

"No, no, no, no. I've never bought into this whole persona that LeBron isn't the guy," said Dooling. "I think everybody should relax a little bit. He's great for our game, he is our game. We need to uplift him, instead of trying to tear him down. He's a guy who's the most unselfish superstar I've ever seen. He rebounds the ball, he assists the ball, he's empowered his friends from the community, he does a lot of charity work in the community, he's a model citizen. He should not have a stain on his reputation, and I hope that it stops." -Kenyon Dooling, after being eliminated in the 2012 eastern conf finals

gtg305h

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Re: ~-~-~-~Official 2012 NBA Finals Thread: Miami Heat vs. OKC Thunder(Heat 3-1)~-~-~

He used to say a lot of that to Kobe but this year especially its almost like he is saying this is how you play team ball and how you have to play to be the best...
This year Magic has been harder on Kobe than ever, and has been harping on team play, making your teammates better and not hogging the ball....

Magic can't even enunciate and you take that nigga seriously? Him and Barkley change their tunes more than hoes change clothes...Magic was already on record earlier this year talkin shit about Lebron and said that he would take Kobe over him...where were you then? :rolleyes:

gtg305h

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

"No, no, no, no. I've never bought into this whole persona that LeBron isn't the guy," said Dooling. "I think everybody should relax a little bit. He's great for our game, he is our game. We need to uplift him, instead of trying to tear him down. He's a guy who's the most unselfish superstar I've ever seen. He rebounds the ball, he assists the ball, he's empowered his friends from the community, he does a lot of charity work in the community, he's a model citizen. He should not have a stain on his reputation, and I hope that it stops." -Kenyon Dooling, after being eliminated in the 2012 eastern conf finals

skip-bayless-nba-playoffs-2012.jpg

"Nigga, fuck that!"

II Dxnum

Rising Star
Registered

Real shit. Thread should be closed after this post.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Read the first three pages of this thread :lol:

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor

Magic can't even enunciate and you take that nigga seriously? Him and Barkley change their tunes more than hoes change clothes...Magic was already on record earlier this year talkin shit about Lebron and said that he would take Kobe over him...where were you then? :rolleyes:

Sometime Magic tries to be pc and with his ties to the Lakers he is almost forced to be in the corner of Kobe, and any James criticism sounded more like a coach that was upset at a player for not doing what he was told to do.....
One thing stood out, Magic said James called him up in the off season to work out, he declined, he said due to the lock out... But something tells me they did some work outs on the low, Magic just seems way too happy to see LeBron succeed...

AllState17

Star
Registered

28 year old Lebron better at this point in his career than a 33 year old Kobe...? Naw...you don't say? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

People don't hate Lebron, they hate the Lebron stans that use him as a platform to shit on Kobe...that shit is played as fuck, get a new hobby...if Kobe never wins another ring, he will go down as A) 2nd greatest SG ever B) 1st or 2nd best Laker ever and C) a 5-time champion

I know y'all niggas can't stand it, but it's the truth, so move on with your life...

Dude... no offense but you have personal issues i do not want to deal with.

The other poster stated LeBron is better then Kobe right now. You asked him WTF he talking about and brought up Kobe's 5 rings. Even though he clearly stated "at this point".

Now, you telling me its obvious LeBron is better then Kobe right now.

So which is it? You love Kobe so much you contradict your own damn self against imaginary slights.

Make up your mind and back to me. Or dont.

For the record I have nothing at all against Kobe. I think thats clear when I say he is arguably top 5 ever.

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

28 year old Lebron better at this point in his career than a 33 year old Kobe...? Naw...you don't say? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

No LeBron at 27 is better than Kobe ever was at 27. Scores more EFFICIENTLY, dishes more assists, grabs more boards, plays better D, and has taken his team farther. At 27 LeBron has won his first Finals MVP and has 3 season MVPs. How old was Kobe when he won his first? 30? 31? :lol:

People don't hate Lebron, they hate the Lebron stans that use him as a platform to shit on Kobe...that shit is played as fuck, get a new hobby

Like Kobe fans havent done the same to James. :rolleyes:

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor

Kobe = 5 rings

Lebron = 1 ring

Welcome to the club Lebron and congrats, but WTF u talkin?:confused:

horry has more so i guess hes the best right now. gtfoh with your dumbass logic. who was mvp? sorry lebron is better than kobe now. even durant

Last edited:

gtg305h

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Sometime Magic tries to be pc and with his ties to the Lakers he is almost forced to be in the corner of Kobe, and any James criticism sounded more like a coach that was upset at a player for not doing what he was told to do.....
One thing stood out, Magic said James called him up in the off season to work out, he declined, he said due to the lock out... But something tells me they did some work outs on the low, Magic just seems way too happy to see LeBron succeed...

Shiiiit, Magic happy to alive period...if the Heat woulda lost, he woulda came out full force on that Skip Bayless shit

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor

Shiiiit, Magic happy to alive period...if the Heat woulda lost, he woulda came out full force on that Skip Bayless shit

But he was the first to say that this is a much more matured LeBron and that he is on a quest to be the best player on the planet... Last year he said non of that shit, and used to kill James....

gtg305h

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Dude... no offense but you have personal issues i do not want to deal with.

The other poster stated LeBron is better then Kobe right now. You asked him WTF he talking about and brought up Kobe's 5 rings. Even though he clearly stated "at this point".

Now, you telling me its obvious LeBron is better then Kobe right now.

So which is it? You love Kobe so much you contradict your own damn self against imaginary slights.

Make up your mind and back to me. Or dont.

For the record I have nothing at all against Kobe. I think thats clear when I say he is arguably top 5 ever.

FOH with personal issues...all these wanna be cran rab ass niggas are the issue...the previous poster used the fact the Lebron's chip now makes him better than Kobe, I debunked that argument by bringing up the ring count...from a "at this point in their respective careers" standpoint, yes Lebron is better than Kobe, no argument there, but that's an apples to oranges comparison, talk to me when Lebron leads a team to a chip when he's cant overpower and out jump everybody like he can now, not saying he can't, but the Kobe vs. Lebron argument is flawed because they are not at the same point in their careers, I just hate when people use lebron as a vessel to disperse their hate for Kobe...I don't understand it....

gtg305h

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

horry has more so i guess hes the best right now. gtfoh with your dumbass logic. who was mvp? sorry lebron is better than kobe now. even durant

Silly comparison but I know it makes you feel better to down Kobe so have at it, no use arguing with smart-dumb niggas like u

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor

Silly comparison but I know it makes you feel better to down Kobe so have at it, no use arguing with smart-dumb niggas like u

you are creating delusional attacks on kobe in your head after truth was stated. lebron is better. accept it. you can always go back to the good ol days memories if you want but if you want to live in now. lebron is better. so is durant.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

Barkley is the one that is jabbing Kobe every time he gets a chance. Magic considers Kobe the "Greatest Laker Ever" so i doubt he's trying to jab at Kobe...

Magic said Kobe cant be the greatest laker ever until he gets 6 rings.. at least that it was Ive heard him say over the last year.. but maybe he changed it up..

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

Kobe = 5 rings

Lebron = 1 ring

Welcome to the club Lebron and congrats, but WTF u talkin?:confused:

But Kobe has NEVER played as well as Lebron did in this finals..

gtg305h

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

No LeBron at 27 is better than Kobe ever was at 27. Scores more EFFICIENTLY, dishes more assists, grabs more boards, plays better D, and has taken his team farther. At 27 LeBron has won his first Finals MVP and has 3 season MVPs. How old was Kobe when he won his first? 30? 31? :lol:

:smh:

Kobe at age 27, averaged 35 pts per shooting 45% for a team that started Smush Parker and Kwame Brown, and he almost single handedly beat a stacked Suns team in the 1st round that year...I know Lebron is y'all niggas new Jordan and all that and BGOL as a collective hate the Lakers, but, you must have just started watching basketball when Lebron joined the Heat, either that, or you can't be serious here....Lebron and Kobe are different types of players with different jobs to do for their teams, but to say a 27 year old Kobe with this Heat team wouldn't have reached the same heights is disingenuous...would he have done it the same way as Lebron? No, but they still probably would have gotten it done....

AllState17

Star
Registered

FOH with personal issues...all these wanna be cran rab ass niggas are the issue...the previous poster used the fact the Lebron's chip now makes him better than Kobe, I debunked that argument by bringing up the ring count...from a "at this point in their respective careers" standpoint, yes Lebron is better than Kobe, no argument there, but that's an apples to oranges comparison, talk to me when Lebron leads a team to a chip when he's cant overpower and out jump everybody like he can now, not saying he can't, but the Kobe vs. Lebron argument is flawed because they are not at the same point in their careers, I just hate when people use lebron as a vessel to disperse their hate for Kobe...I don't understand it....

So its hate if I say Kobe has now passed the torch to LeBron?

Come on man.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

Kobe shouldnt even be in this thread.. but in terms of a basketball player... Lebron is miles ahead of kobe... better on BOTH sides of the floor... Lebron was defending ALL five positions this season... Lebron >>>> Kobe even if he never wins another title (which he will)

gtg305h

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Magic said Kobe cant be the greatest laker ever until he gets 6 rings.. at least that it was Ive heard him say over the last year.. but maybe he changed it up..

Never heard that, guess you made that up huh? After the Lakers beat the Celtics in 2010, Magic proclaimed Kobe the greatest Laker ever...

KingTaharqa

Greatest Of All Time
BGOL Investor

Kobe at age 27, averaged 35 pts per shooting 45% for a team that started Smush Parker and Kwame Brown, and he almost single handedly beat a stacked Suns team in the 1st round that year...I know Lebron is y'all niggas new Jordan and all that and BGOL as a collective hate the Lakers, but, you must have just started watching basketball when Lebron joined the Heat, either that, or you can't be serious here....Lebron and Kobe are different types of players with different jobs to do for their teams, but to say a 27 year old Kobe with this Heat team wouldn't have reached the same heights is disingenuous...would he have done it the same way as Lebron? No, but they still probably would have gotten it done....

Kobe would not win a title with Erik Spoelstra as his coach. Kobe would not win a title with a bunch of 6'8-6'10 power forwards as his big men. If he doesnt have Phil by his side he cant get out the 2nd round. He cant do what LeBron James does. Never has, never will.

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

old Kobe with this Heat team wouldn't have reached the same heights is disingenuous...would he have done it the same way as Lebron? No, but they still probably would have gotten it done....

not even possible.. Miami was able to get away with not having a center because of Lebrons rebounding ability and ability to defend the 4 and 5... Kobe couldnt have done either.. this team also depending on Lebron getting other shooter involved.. like he did tonight...

Kobe wouldnt have done shit with a team like this... Kobe wont see another finals again... people underestimate how important the triple post offense to his success..

Kobe is an all-toime great player but Lebron is a much better basketball player and much more versatile... this time with Kobe equals a second round exit like what happened with LA in the west... you need a particular type of team built around kobe with the restraints of the triple post for him to be successful

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

Did you even watch the 2001 Lakers?

Statistically and on both sides of the ball this shits on ANYTHING Kobe has ever done in the finals. Ive watched his entire career. His best finals performance was actually during their last title run..not 2001 anyway.

Lebron just led his team in scoring, rebounding, steals, and assists over an NBA finals... and was their best defender... please.. this shits all over anything that Kobe has ever done in the finals

Last edited:

gtg305h

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Kobe would not win a title with Erik Spoelstra as his coach. Kobe would not win a title with a bunch of 6'8-6'10 power forwards as his big men. If he doesnt have Phil by his side he cant get out the 2nd round. He cant do what LeBron James does. Never has, never will.

If one of those big men is Chris Bosh...sure he could

Stop...where is your logic coming from? Can Bron win a title without DWade and Chris Bosh? :rolleyes:

Where would Lebron be if he stayed with that sad sack CLE team?

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

Never heard that, guess you made that up huh? After the Lakers beat the Celtics in 2010, Magic proclaimed Kobe the greatest Laker ever...

I watched him say the shit live. Why would I make some silly shit up just for bgol?

Im sure he has also said that Kobe was the best laker too..

But when asked about it during a game.. he also said.. I have 5 and Kareem has more... so Kobe is not the greatest laker until he passes us... take the shit up with Magic.. he said the shit..not me and Im sure the shit is on youtube.. Someone also actually posted the shit here on bgol too.

lazarus

waking people up
BGOL Investor

35 lol. almost passed the first round. they won 1game. forgot to mention bynum and odom. the lakers won 42 games that year lol. with phil as coach! lebron at 27 for the bobcats would be 50+. and spoelstras tenyear old niece coaching

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor

If one of those big men is Chris Bosh...sure he could

Stop...where is your logic coming from? Can Bron win a title without DWade and Chris Bosh? :rolleyes:

Where would Lebron be if he stayed with that sad sack CLE team?

Please, Kobe has two all star 7 footers, Artest, had Fisher (who looks much better with out Kobe hogging) in short Kobe dosn't make his teammates better, and LeBon does... Plus he may have played the best season out of any NBA player.... While Kobe has one MVP..

gtg305h

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

not even possible.. Miami was able to get away with not having a center because of Lebrons rebounding ability and ability to defend the 4 and 5... Kobe couldnt have done either.. this team also depending on Lebron getting other shooter involved.. like he did tonight...

Kobe wouldnt have done shit with a team like this... Kobe wont see another finals again... people underestimate how important the triple post offense to his success..

Kobe is an all-toime great player but Lebron is a much better basketball player and much more versatile... this time with Kobe equals a second round exit like what happened with LA in the west... you need a particular type of team built around kobe with the restraints of the triple post for him to be successful

Miami got away with not having a center because Perkins is trash...and you do know that Kobe grabbed like 18 boards in that clincher against the Celtics in 2010 although he had a woeful shooting night? Niggas try to reduce Kobe to a taller Allen Iverson just to prop up Lebron when that shit is unnecessary and dishonest, but I know everybody likes to hop on the "I hate Kobe" and "every young nigga that can score 20 pts is better than Kobe" bandwagons, so this is a futile exercise

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

Miami got away with not having a center because Perkins is trash...and you do know that Kobe grabbed like

One game son... one game. Lebron was the leading rebounder for both teams. I am talking about for an entire series.

Lebron did that this every game while also defending durant.. Kobe couldnt defend Durant is his life depended on it.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor

Miami got away with not having a center because Perkins is trash...and you do know that Kobe grabbed like 18 boards in that clincher against the Celtics in 2010 although he had a woeful shooting night? Niggas try to reduce Kobe to a taller Allen Iverson just to prop up Lebron when that shit is unnecessary and dishonest, but I know everybody likes to hop on the "I hate Kobe" and "every young nigga that can score 20 pts is better than Kobe" bandwagons, so this is a futile exercise

Let me break it down, Kobe almost has no chance of ever being as great as Jordan, James on the other hand, has a legit shot of being as good or at least 1a.
James biggest stumbling block has always been the sorry ass teams he played on, as opposed to Kobe who always played on a All star filled squad... Now that James has his horses, I expect him to win at least 4 rings, and many more MVP trophies, if that does happen, talks of him and Jordan will be legit..

Spectrum

Elite Poster
BGOL Investor

why you so worried about Kobe... he wasnt even a topic of discussion until you you started talking the muthafucka... it is only the butt-hurt kobe fans even talking about him..

all yall came out of lurk-mode tonight mad and shit :lol::lol::lol:

gtg305h

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Please, Kobe has two all star 7 footers, Artest, had Fisher (who looks much better with out Kobe hogging) in short Kobe dosn't make his teammates better, and LeBon does... Plus he may have played the best season out of any NBA player.... While Kobe has one MVP..

So Kobe was holding Derek Fisher back from being the star that he is now? I'm done...:lol:

You just disqualified yourself from any logical basketball debate with that silly statement

The hate is strong bro....:lol:

I'm a Kobe fan and I like Bron too, it's not difficult, y'all niggas pledge allegiance and do solemnly swear by Lebron and make Kobe public enemy #1...whatever makes y'all happy tho