~ New Tyler Perry Movie ~

Chicutie

~Brown Suga~
BGOL Investor
[flash]http://www.youtube.com/v/EXt-FzVksfM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca&border=1" type="[/flash]

I just saw the trailer for this, so I'm just posting it for those who hadn't seen it either.

Anybody planning on seeing the movie?

LeroyDibiase

Rising Star
Registered
Oh Lord Jebus, why is this one of the last trailers my man did????

This movie looks ass. But it has all the ******* catchissues. Bourgeois Black woman, interracial relationships, sellout blacks, white man lust for black women, entrepreneurial niggas, I could go on, but it looks like the nigga just pulled in every beauty shop convo topic and made it into this story.

Cleopatra_J

I am the Ideal
BGOL Investor
Is Alfre playing Sanaa's mom again???
:lol: i said the same thing!!

I actually think this movie will be good. I just do NOT like the fact that he keeps acting in his movies... dammit he needs to sit his ass down!!! LOL

SinaminDelite

Backshot Queen
BGOL Investor

I actually think this movie will be good. I just do NOT like the fact that he keeps acting in his movies... dammit he needs to sit his ass down!!! LOL

C/S. I think the movie will be good though. I don't know if that's a movie I will rush to see, it might be a rainy-day matinee for me.

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
he's starting to prove that his whack ass shit is one deminisional and he is running out of ideas, but got plenty of hoodrat chickenheads to flock to see his shit. I say boycott all the hoez on that shit!

JofromthaNO

Urban Renaissance Woman
BGOL Investor
I'm torn about this one...there are some great actors in it (black and white ones), as well as, if I attended, it would be supporting a fellow New Orleanian :D

On the other hand, Tyler Perry movies can be so repetitive in themes and downright corny. I think I'd rather wait for the DVD and save my $10.00...

followup

BGOL Investor

I don't mind it actually. He doesn't always take a major role. I appreciate the writer/director coming into the film how Spike Lee & Clint Eastwood used to do.

And Chicutie thanks for the preview. I am a new fan of his work and how he shows the different dimensions of black folks

followup

BGOL Investor
Interesting how the men always hate on Tyler Perry's work and women love it. I think he realistically portrays BOTH men & women :dunno: Maybe there's some crab-in-a-barrel type action going on amongst black men

jucurious

agent of change
BGOL Investor
he's starting to prove that his whack ass shit is one deminisional and he is running out of ideas, but got plenty of hoodrat chickenheads to flock to see his shit. I say boycott all the hoez on that shit!

ppl other than hoodrats support his movies

LeroyDibiase

Rising Star
Registered
Which "one"? And if you like movies by a 'half-a-fag', what does that make you?

I said all his movies suck, except one, which doesn't suck, it's just OK, and that's the one about the four couples. And I don't LIKE any of his movies, but I'm sure it would make me a delusional obsessive fool if I did.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
The plays are better than the movies, because seeing Tyler do improv in the Madea character is funny as hell.

Last edited:

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ppl other than hoodrats support his movies

Correction: People who don't think they are hoodrats support his movies. You have to be lacking in intellect to think that bullshit has any place in society. Man-hating, woman-loving cross dressers got nothing to ad to the the male/female issues. You got a man who doesnt date or fuck women acting and dressing like the very thing he won't date or fuck, yet giving advice to them hoez about how to percieve men. Don't get me started on his coon ass!!! No real woman would support that bullshit sideshow, minstrel show shit! And, only a bitch ninja would sit up in a theater and applaud that bullshit!

jucurious

agent of change
BGOL Investor
Correction: People who don't think they are hoodrats support his movies. You have to be lacking in intellect to think that bullshit has any place in society. Man-hating, woman-loving cross dressers got nothing to ad to the the male/female issues. You got a man who doesnt date or fuck women acting and dressing like the very thing he won't date or fuck, yet giving advice to them hoez about how to percieve men. Don't get me started on his coon ass!!! No real woman would support that bullshit sideshow, minstrel show shit! And, only a bitch ninja would sit up in a theater and applaud that bullshit!

wow...did Tyler sleep w/ ur girl or somethin? damn u REALLY feelin some type of way lol (it was a joke, don't get all serious)

well after reading your very stereotypical statement it made me go hmmmm

1) so all the movies that you watch are of the UPMOST quality? no coontality in ur life whatsoever?
2) why do you think he is man hating?
3) do you have issues with other men who have put on a dress? Martin, Eddie, Snipes, John Leguizomo(sp), Robin Williams, Ricky Smiley and the rest of them?
4) and finally, if a woman goes to the theater to see the movie then she's not a real woman?

i hope u were just typin in the heat of the moment

REMINGTON_BLACK

Sight beyond sight
OG Investor
Interesting how the men always hate on Tyler Perry's work and women love it. I think he realistically portrays BOTH men & women :dunno: Maybe there's some crab-in-a-barrel type action going on amongst black men
Right.........................
DrEvil.jpg

LeroyDibiase

Rising Star
Registered

Church.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
What pisses me off about Tyler is that I can now tell its about that hoodrat, churchlady and punk dollar. Because the formula is more or less remixed everytime.
If I'm not mistaken, Tyler had a very abusive childhood if he brought some of that to film and theater that shit could be some of the deepest and thought provoking shit ever. But I think he thinks that won't sell and will move him of that comfort zone that he's in right now that keeps him rich.

But I think it's time to take a chance. All this blame the black male shit has to go and maybe people need to figure out what happened between conception and adulthood that made so many black men be who they are now. Tyler could do that and draw on his own experiences.

jucurious

agent of change
BGOL Investor
question:

this blame the black male thing...where is this coming from? i'm really trying to understand.

i've seen all the movies and plays and i have seen both males and females play the "good" and "bad" roles.

so is it b/c he is taking about black guys in a negative light at all or do you think its slanted? please provide examples/proof.

Chicutie

~Brown Suga~
BGOL Investor
Tyler Perry is a neoCAC.:hmm:

:lol:

I'm torn about this one...there are some great actors in it (black and white ones), as well as, if I attended, it would be supporting a fellow New Orleanian :D

On the other hand, Tyler Perry movies can be so repetitive in themes and downright corny. I think I'd rather wait for the DVD and save my $10.00...

I'm kinda torn about this one too. . . but I think I'm gonna see it anyway though. . because I'm really, really bored.

I don't mind it actually. He doesn't always take a major role. I appreciate the writer/director coming into the film how Spike Lee & Clint Eastwood used to do.

And Chicutie thanks for the preview
. I am a new fan of his work and how he shows the different dimensions of black folks

You're welcome hun! :)

I think some of his movies do. . and some don't. I think regardless of if you agree that black people are accurately portrayed in his films it's still good to see more movies geared to a black audience.

JofromthaNO

Urban Renaissance Woman
BGOL Investor
Seriously, JU, the formulas for his movies are, generally, very simplistic...there's little-to-no character development, other than the same ole' story about some poor black woman/man trying to make it in or make it out of a relationship...

I don't say all that without making the statement that there are also a lot of other simple, formulaic movies out there geared towards white families and couples too...it's just that I'd like to see a different story every once and a while from Tyler, that's all :smh:

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
ay low key it be hoes seeing that shit.

i musta drove past when diary of a mad black women came out...it was masses of hoes.

def worth a "matinae" price

jucurious

agent of change
BGOL Investor
Seriously, JU, the formulas for his movies are, generally, very simplistic...there's little-to-no character development, other than the same ole' story about some poor black woman/man trying to make it in or make it out of a relationship...

I don't say all that without making the statement that there are also a lot of other simple, formulaic movies out there geared towards white families and couples too...it's just that I'd like to see a different story every once and a while from Tyler, that's all :smh:

see that's the thing...i guess we are trying to compare apples and oranges

i never said whether i felt his productions were simplistic or not

i actually agree that there is a formula he is following and I too want him to step out of the box....I saw "Why did I get married?" as a step forward

BUT my questions were about the statements of:
1) only hoodrats support them
2) a real woman wouldn't
3) they are male bashing

I'm tryna get a sense of where this is coming from and why people feel this way.

DarkCity

Support BGOL
Registered
i never said whether i felt his productions were simplistic or not

i actually agree that there is a formula he is following and I too want him to step out of the box....I saw "Why did I get married?" as a step forward

I checked it out last night. I feel like he does follow a formula and I can see some progression in some of his films this being one of them. I enjoy of his work that doesn't have Madea in it. That is just an obnoxious character to me and I am not a fan of cross dressing. I don't think it is funny when any actor does it.

Cleopatra_J

I am the Ideal
BGOL Investor
I feel like we are extra harsh and critical of his work, many directors/producers have work that is formulaic... I think we fail to realize at times that he is learning while he works, he is not a trained director, he didn't go to school for this or study under someone else. By no means am. Advocating the continuation of stale work and perpetuating stereotypes, but where is this outage when movies like "where's my caddy" come out or "soul plane" that shit there is true coonery. I don't like the madea character, but I can't be mad at TP for continuing to bring black films to theaters with more than just laughs...

And someone said he should do work about his childhood.. Why? Do u expect Tarantino to do that? Scorscese? Why do u expect him to??

JU, I totally agree its more than just hoodrats seeing his movies. He's showing that by constantly getting bigger budgets and bigger names to star in his work. Lionsgate is not stupid, they see the poetntial there and are helping grow it.

Gone in 60 Seconds

Potential Star
Loved it. I'm a fan of his work though. It was better than "Meet the Browns." That was his worse in my opinion. However, there were some plot holes at the end....I still loved it.

blackmale

Potential Star
Registered
My wife and I saw it last night. Its not really my type of movie but it wasnt awful. It was just too all over the place for me. It constantly jump back and forth from 1 plot line to the next it just didnt come together that well. It was really predictable and that kinda took away from the movie because you saw everything coming. After the first 20 minutes it wasnt hard to tell how it was going to end.